The Arbroath Thread

Just now, keptie said:

Who's giving him stick? This situation isn't gonna last forever and i'd hope he's not as short sighted as that to walk away now!!

Read social media - loads of negativity about him.

I agree with you, he’s never had a full squad to work with and I hope and think he’ll stay, he’s a strong character. Just that I wouldn’t be surprised if he thought “f**k this”. Have to hope that 3 weeks rest will finally see some players return.

2 minutes ago, Tattie36 said:

Read social media - loads of negativity about him.

I agree with you, he’s never had a full squad to work with and I hope and think he’ll stay, he’s a strong character. Just that I wouldn’t be surprised if he thought “f**k this”. Have to hope that 3 weeks rest will finally see some players return.

Don't really do social media apart from here and nobody here is giving him grief. Sure they aren't Dundee supporters 😉

Anyway let's hope for the best today

Don’t give a f**k about a youth team - waste of money 

Never got any idea that anyone was against McIntyre and I’m on social media - actually thought the opposite and everyone seems to like him 

Social media full of absolute clowns though 

51 minutes ago, RedLichtie86 said:

Lets hope we have players able to return from injury in 3 weeks time. Or more players signed.

We might be down to 1 sub by then.

Nah, no more signings, go with what we have, no more chucking money at this, play it out, if it’s relegation, its relegation, rebuild in league1, and come again 

3 minutes ago, ecto said:

Nah, no more signings, go with what we have, no more chucking money at this, play it out, if it’s relegation, its relegation, rebuild in league1, and come again 

We are down to 0 subs now as it stands.

3 minutes ago, Tattie36 said:

Season starts now!

Here Here 🙌🙌🙌 Should have the majority of the team back within 3 weeks you would hope and maybe 1 or 2 more additions. Ready for the 14 Cup Finals  🇱🇻⚽🔥💪 I know we can do it and have the quality but she just need to see what happens and who comes back in time for the fight 

Edited by 36-0 Maroon

7 minutes ago, lichtiekev said:

What a mess we are in,

Yeh refs having a mare but it doesn't hide the fact that it's looking very dire 

That starting 11 would struggle in league 2,

What do you actually expect? 

a young attack minded midfielder filling in it full back along with 2 other midfielders. One defender playing with a broken toe. 
a midfield all playing out of there natural position and an outfield sub that manager clearly doesn’t rate and quite rightly imo he’s rubbish.  

the boys available are all physically fucked playing every minute of every game just now. 

we are playing to get through games with minimal damage in results and injures. 

3 hours ago, Tattie36 said:

Does anyone else think McIntyre might just walk?

He's getting stick from some quarters and is obviously on a hiding to nothing here. He won’t have signed up to this shit show. Cant blame him of course.

One thing I hope happens is that he insists on setting up a youth team. I don’t care how much it costs, it’s ridiculous to not have one, not just at this level, at ANY level in the pyramid and this has proved that we need one. Plenty of non league teams have one and I seem to remember reading somewhere that it’s a requirement for teams coming into the league… that could be bullshit of course.

After his recent managerial career he must have been amazed that he was offered a Championship gig.  There is no chance that McIntyre will walk away.  Which other club could he be possibly think will offer him a job after this post?

Edited by Shadow Play

4 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

After his recent managerial career he must have been amazed that he was offered a Championship gig.  There is no chance that McIntyre will walk away.  Which other club could he be possibly think will offer him a job after this post?

Don’t even have to check to guess that you’re a Dundee fan. His record prior to Dens was decent enough and he would have kept Cove up last season but whatever.

For reasons that are unknown to me it seems the club have obviously stopped giving out any info or updates re the players or team in general and we are now left completely in the dark and only get snippets in the post match interviews or sometimes in the local press. Their social media is just full of birthdays, holiday pics, shop sales and ticket info. 

I don’t know why the club have shut down and stopped communicating team info but with no game for three weeks, perhaps they will be gracious enough to let the support know the what the state of the team is? 

Edited by mountzionbrae

13 minutes ago, Tattie36 said:

Don’t even have to check to guess that you’re a Dundee fan. His record prior to Dens was decent enough and he would have kept Cove up last season but whatever.

What makes you so certain he would have kept Cove up last season?  I’m assuming your certainty is not based on the results he had? 

Given that a bigger club than Arbroath never came in for McIntyre, despite him being free, I’m guessing you’ve more faith in his ability than a lot of chairmen.

Three weeks with no fixture and then two must win games effectively. Today summed it up two pens and a sending off, I would imagine the players morale is zero by now, and football is a game of confidence. My heart kinda says its still all to play for but the head thinks be logical, little has gone right and it does feel a level of inevitable now much  as I hate to admit it. 

1 minute ago, Shadow Play said:

What makes you so certain he would have kept Cove up last season?  I’m assuming your certainty is not based on the results he had? 

Given that a bigger club than Arbroath never came in for McIntyre, despite him being free, I’m guessing you’ve more faith in his ability than a lot of chairmen.

Dundee supporters still obsessed...🥱