The Arbroath Thread

6 hours ago, relichtie said:

Pars have signed Chris Kane on loan from St Johnstone. The loan market is still open till end of February I think. We should be trying to utilise it imo. 

I’m sure we are but we’ve brought in 7 players and let 2 go. Wouldn’t imagine we have much scope for movement now. Mike caird say they budget for a squad of 20 in his video we currently have 25 3 on loan so we are paying full wages on at least 22 of them. 

10 hours ago, relichtie said:

Pars have signed Chris Kane on loan from St Johnstone. The loan market is still open till end of February I think. We should be trying to utilise it imo. 

Need to get some out first 

9 hours ago, WHM said:

Stevie May not even getting into the match day squads just now at St Johnstone.

Get him in

I would imagine the financial repercussions of relegation would far far outweigh spending a few bob to try and stay up. Risky of course as it could be a double whammy but I would risk it if it were up to me…. Which thankfully it isn’t.

1 hour ago, RedLichtie86 said:

Only player we could possibly see going out on loan is Turan. Could possibly see Stowe going too but unlikely.

Jacobs, Turan and Stowe

7 hours ago, Leicesterlichtie said:

The main type of player that we need to be trying to bring in to the club is some kind of wizardry,  creatively genius to make things happen in the final third. Without that, it's hard to see where goalscoring opportunities are coming.

I agree, certainly not easy but we’ve not replaced the likes of low or linn. Still think we could do with a big midfielder just to break up play and kick people.

6 hours ago, afc_36_0 said:

I agree, certainly not easy but we’ve not replaced the likes of low or linn. Still think we could do with a big midfielder just to break up play and kick people.

Doesn't even need to be a big guy. A guy with an engine that can track a midfield runner.

Still amazes me that we've scoured the UK and beyond trying to find our 'new Nouble' in the last 2 years but never bothered to get a guy in to replace Chris Hamilton.

42 minutes ago, Lichtielegend said:

Doesn't even need to be a big guy. A guy with an engine that can track a midfield runner.

Still amazes me that we've scoured the UK and beyond trying to find our 'new Nouble' in the last 2 years but never bothered to get a guy in to replace Chris Hamilton.

I am still waiting for the club to replace Lari Yao

On 14/02/2024 at 19:45, Tattie36 said:

I would imagine the financial repercussions of relegation would far far outweigh spending a few bob to try and stay up. Risky of course as it could be a double whammy but I would risk it if it were up to me…. Which thankfully it isn’t.

The financial benefits of staying in the Championship would be worth taking a "hit' to the clubs finances, however not at the expense of jeopardising the clubs future. Better a club in Lg1 than no club at all. 

It's a pity we couldn't get Turan maybe out on loan somewhere L1/L2 for games and maybe Stowe and bring a decent striker winger, Stevie May, Declan Glass,innes Cameron, Charlie Reilly who aren't getting much game time at there club's.

1 hour ago, relichtie said:

The financial benefits of staying in the Championship would be worth taking a "hit' to the clubs finances, however not at the expense of jeopardising the clubs future. Better a club in Lg1 than no club at all. 

Completely agree. All I was suggesting was a decent player or two on a short term contract not signing Messi 🤣

1 hour ago, WHM said:

It's a pity we couldn't get Turan maybe out on loan somewhere L1/L2 for games and maybe Stowe and bring a decent striker winger, Stevie May, Declan Glass,innes Cameron, Charlie Reilly who aren't getting much game time at there club's.

Is the loan transfer window still not open?

Some have classed this a “can’t lose” when it’s clearly a “must win”. If we can’t beat a team such as Dunfermline in horrible form and bleeding goals at home then we don’t deserve to stay in this division. Simply put, if we lose today put the nails in the coffin and prepare the hammer