The Arbroath Thread

5 hours ago, ExiledLichtie said:

That really really annoys me.  He never let us down, and he delivered a moment I'll never forget, and he got shunted out without being given a chance.  Just another shitty thing in a shitty season.

Also worrying for summer recruitment. Doubt Hibs Boruc will extend his loan, so now as well having to recruit for our core team, we will now need another keeper when Adams has been a great addition to the club. Not sure about this one. 

10 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

IMG_0781.jpeg

That's another pretty shite decision being made by the club. Boy done nothing wrong, did a sound job and became an instant legend with that goal. 

The club had worked hard, on and off the field, with many improvements to make us an all round set up outfit. The way things have been handled in general over the last months/year has made us look very amateurish when trying to be very professional.

Laughable.

On 25/02/2024 at 09:24, mountzionbrae said:

Re the big talking point of the day…..the tannoy guy.   Please, please turn the volume down and don’t shout into the microphone.  Does anyone one know why we have taken to playing a death metal type ‘song’ (at max volume) when the teams come out?

All a matter of opinion.  I was happy to hear the announcements which have been fairly inaudible of late (but I think the system needs upgraded) - go to grounds like East End or Starks and the noise they make is deafening so this Saturday I considered a slight improvement hearing the halftime draw, scores etc.  Maybe it depends where you stand.

And I thought the choice of music to run out too was appropriate (what was it?).  Many other teams have something similar ( Telstar at East Fife, Into the Valley at Dunfermline), so why not create a little drama.  I recall they tried ‘The Boys are Back in Town’ but too hackneyed.

Given the circumstances, that was a very decent crowd on Saturday.  For the second week running, I thought the team showed excellent spirit, grit and determination even if lacking much cohesion.  We were under the cosh in both games and better finishing by our opponents could have seen sizeable defeats.   Of course it’s so frustrating to lose 2 points late on (and Hammy - the ICT guy should have off?) but we didn’t lose and there’s a third of the season left with some players finally available and some gaining match fitness.  Let’s continue with the attitude shown and see what transpires.

Edited by farflung lichtie
Correction

23 minutes ago, Housecaptain said:

Sorry to hear that Ali Adams has gone, agree he never let us down and did his best, was behind the Raith goal when his rocket flew into the net. 

Hope you find a new club soon and Thanks. 

Hes still at the club. Just been made available to other clubs 

Just now, farflung lichtie said:

Well I was happy to hear the announcements which have been fairly inaudible of late (but I think the system needs upgraded) - go to grounds like East End or Starks and the noise they make is deafening so this Saturday I considered a slight improvement.

And I thought the choice of music to run out too was appropriate (what was it?).  OST other teams have something similar ( Telstar at East Fife, Into the Valley at Dunfermline), so why not create a little drama.  I recall they tried ‘The Boys are Back in Town’ but too hackneyed.

Given the circumstances, that was a very decent crowd on Saturday.  For the second week running, I thought the team showed excellent spirit, grit and determination even if lacking much cohesion.  We were under the cosh in both games and better finishing by our opponents could have seen sizeable defeats.   Of course it’s so frustrating to lose 2 points late on (and Hammy - the ICT guy should have off?) but we didn’t lose and there’s a third of the season left with some players finally available and some gaining match fitness.  Let’s continue with the attitude shown and see what transpires.

Great effort for sure, but absolutely no quality. That’s up there with one of the most turgid games of football Iv watched 

37 minutes ago, farflung lichtie said:

All a matter of opinion.  I was happy to hear the announcements which have been fairly inaudible of late (but I think the system needs upgraded) - go to grounds like East End or Starks and the noise they make is deafening so this Saturday I considered a slight improvement hearing the halftime draw, scores etc.  Maybe it depends where you stand.

And I thought the choice of music to run out too was appropriate (what was it?).  Many other teams have something similar ( Telstar at East Fife, Into the Valley at Dunfermline), so why not create a little drama.  I recall they tried ‘The Boys are Back in Town’ but too hackneyed.

Don't get the fuss over Adams departure myself - A junior keeper all his life, we have replaced him with a keeper of better stock in Boruc and makes no sense to have 3 keepers on the books now Gaston is back.

16 minutes ago, Lichtie78 said:

Don't get the fuss over Adams departure myself - A junior keeper all his life, we have replaced him with a keeper of better stock in Boruc and makes no sense to have 3 keepers on the books now Gaston is back.

Agree. From what I’ve heard it’s more of an attitude issue or reasoning than ability which I’m sure was previously was mentioned. And of course arms and legs could just been added. If Gaston or boruc were to get injured we’d get an emergency loan to cover aswell 

16 hours ago, Fitbafan36 said:

Just watched the highlights from Arbroath and for the umpteenth time this season there are key moments / talking points from the game not included and it’s dire. 
ICT are going mad about a Mackinnon tackle - not in the highlights.                      Foul on Hammy that meant he had to go off and had the crowd going mental - not in the highlights. 
potential foul on Ryan Dow on the edge of the penalty area and would have seen their boy sent off - not included. As well as the chance right at the end. I just find it a bit annoying that these details you look forward to seeing again aren’t included because of a reason I’m not so sure of?
Also surely you have no idea what’s going on if you’re listening to the audio commentary?! It’s so poor and surely the club know it. Don't like to criticise people giving their time to the club but it is really really hard to listen to that highlight commentary (or actual commentary if it’s a midweek stream) 

It's shocking the amount of key moments missed from the highlights with no real reason for it.

2 hours ago, farflung lichtie said:

Not a lot of quality on show but Reilly looks the business. If he stays fit, his direct running will get goals and assists for others. Bird or MacIntosh have to play alongside him to make it happen. Mikey might also get back amongst the goals.

29 minutes ago, Hammerafc said:

It's shocking the amount of key moments missed from the highlights with no real reason for it.

I thought Arbroath would show Dow getting taken out last man challenge and Samuel taking Hamilton out for his 6 bad tackle of the game, eventually getting booked.

Where was Turan on Saturday,was he injured or away or not included.

I still think we need a striker,it s a pity we couldn't push the boat out for 2 months and get a Stevie May,Innes Cameron or the mexican striker that plays for Dundee,these guys not playing for there clubs.Might save our season having a presence upfront.

The Arbroath highlights are ok but as others have said there lacks a lot of content. Especially key decisions and highlights. Would be great if they would show the highlights in greater detail with more detailed commentry rather than the game day one.

Mainly because the commentry can be waffling on about something that has nothing to do with whats happening on the pitch then quickly it changes to the goal. Would be great to know who passed the ball, who crossed it. Name of opposition player who did something wrong etc.

Boruc would have saved the ICT goal but for the fact he was anticipating a shot in the other corner and had edged towards his left and was wrong footed when it went in the other corner. Good luck Ally Adams hope you find somewhere, goal of the season.

25 minutes ago, RedLichtie86 said:

The Arbroath highlights are ok but as others have said there lacks a lot of content. Especially key decisions and highlights. Would be great if they would show the highlights in greater detail with more detailed commentry rather than the game day one.

Mainly because the commentry can be waffling on about something that has nothing to do with whats happening on the pitch then quickly it changes to the goal. Would be great to know who passed the ball, who crossed it. Name of opposition player who did something wrong etc.

I’d much prefer an option of the highlights being without commentary 

On 25/02/2024 at 11:26, ExiledLichtie said:

I think what I enjoy about this conspiracy is the idea that our entire signing policy since 2022 has been about making a few grand from renting out flats.  "No Dick, dont sign those players, sign these two hybrid guys, one of our board members will clear 1500 quid a month from them".

"Yesss, lets up it, we'll sign another 3 substandard hybrid players, and get another 2 grand!"

What was Dick's role in this conspiracy to build the Meadowbank houses off the income raised by 5 short term lets?  Was he part of it, getting a cut of the action?  Did he oppose the signings?

As conspiracy theories go, this one is about as stupid as it gets.

I'm not saying it was an active policy but who has seen the most benefit of signing these players on full-time deals, yet not one of them from a Tayside club who had already settled in the area and would not require accommodation?

Dick has made a fortune through the schmoozing he and his associates were able to do in the boardroom suite. Something that had dried up as the prices for the sponsorship/boardroom passes have exploded in the last couple of years. So it's now the same people in there week in, week out.

Makes you think.

20 minutes ago, JobbieSandwich said:

I'm not saying it was an active policy but who has seen the most benefit of signing these players on full-time deals, yet not one of them from a Tayside club who had already settled in the area and would not require accommodation?

Dick has made a fortune through the schmoozing he and his associates were able to do in the boardroom suite. Something that had dried up as the prices for the sponsorship/boardroom passes have exploded in the last couple of years. So it's now the same people in there week in, week out.

Makes you think.

its-its-always-sunny.gif