The Arbroath Thread

33 minutes ago, Housecaptain said:

It is, but regretfully will it be enough to make Mike sign on for another season under the present manager. 

I am not convinced. 

After match thoughts from JMac. Defo not inspirational. No chance Mikey here with him at the helm. 

We need to bin jim after ayr next week. If he stays on we will literally lose every player out of contract this summer can’t see any of them wanting to stay on and I don’t blame them. Fans will drop off significantly too which is expected dropping a league but with jim remaining also 

13 minutes ago, Derry Alli said:

You needed to never give him a job in the first place, tbh.

How was Reilly?

Reilly Hardly played,been injured most of the time,but good when he has played.

If you had asked every Arbroath fan before Jim got appointed,not one person mentioned his name,he came out of knowhere,and I was like most Arbroath fans, wouldn't be my choice but the board have appointed him,so we have to get behind him,even though he was left with a mess by Dick.Things have not worked out so time for a change.

21 minutes ago, Derry Alli said:

You needed to never give him a job in the first place, tbh.

How was Reilly?

Cove and now Arbroath surprised guy managed to bag two decent jobs after being out the game for about 3/4 years. 

not sure who was linked with the job but surely a young up and coming manager should have been priority 

Am quite confident that whoever finishes 9th is joining us in League1, pity the likely candidate is Caley, a slim chance it’s Queens, both who have an appalling away support

Article in the Courier today making it clear that Jim McIntyre has the confidence of the Board and will lead us into next season. He outlined his vision for the L1 campaign which includes a purely part time squad. At least the contentious hybrid approach has been binned. Can’t think many will argue with that. If he’s going to succeed then the fans need to be onside. I’d hope that there will be some significant engagement like a Q and A session before the end of the season.

7 minutes ago, timlichtie said:

Article in the Courier today making it clear that Jim McIntyre has the confidence of the Board and will lead us into next season. He outlined his vision for the L1 campaign which includes a purely part time squad. At least the contentious hybrid approach has been binned. Can’t think many will argue with that. If he’s going to succeed then the fans need to be onside. I’d hope that there will be some significant engagement like a Q and A session before the end of the season.

The fans will never be on his side 

20 hours ago, SmokeyJoe said:

We need to bin jim after ayr next week. If he stays on we will literally lose every player out of contract this summer can’t see any of them wanting to stay on and I don’t blame them. Fans will drop off significantly too which is expected dropping a league but with jim remaining also 

I’m not trying to be argumentative here, but why won’t players want to stay? How do you guys know JMac is so unwanted that the players will walk? 
Is there an inside angle that the fans know about? 

12 minutes ago, timlichtie said:

Just read this. Going fully part time will thin the squad out I suppose, making my question above a bit obsolete in terms of players staying. 
Are you guys really not wanting JMac next season? Maybe giving him a chance to sort things out will be more cost effective? 

Edited by Wacky

18 minutes ago, timlichtie said:

The article will just be based on his post match interview from Saturday no?

9 minutes ago, Wacky said:

I’m not trying to be argumentative here, but why won’t players want to stay? How do you guys know JMac is so unwanted that the players will walk? 
Is there an inside angle that the fans know about? 

You miss the whole thing with McKenna? Read back a few pages between Wednesday last week and Sunday. There is absolutely no way he does what he does if that dressing rooms behind the manager. Not a chance 

3 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

Can’t find the article online 

Me neither so not sure on the context of who’s saying who’s got the confidence of who

28 minutes ago, timlichtie said:

Feel like we’d be shooting ourselves in the foot before the seasons even started - the overwhelming majority don’t want it so then it doesn’t just affect the stuff on the park it affects season tickets and absolutely everything else

16 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

You miss the whole thing with McKenna? Read back a few pages between Wednesday last week and Sunday. There is absolutely no way he does what he does if that dressing rooms behind the manager. Not a chance 

Got it. 

Hope you guys get back ASAP, I enjoy the trip up there, it’s great away day 

2 hours ago, timlichtie said:

Hope so but so far he hasn't engaged with the supporters at all as far as I recall. A Q&A would definitely let the fans know what his and the clubs plans are and maybe get some onside.

7 hours ago, timlichtie said:

They are not reading the room, you don’t get yourself out of a hole, by digging another hole

Sorry but nothing has convinced me that McIntyre is the man to lead the Red Lichties next season and i fear we are going to lose the core of our experienced loyal players, (Gaston, Ricky, Stewart, Hammy, Gold, McKenna etc) and also a lot of fans i have spoken to will not renew their season tickets as they have no confidence in JMc.

I repeat again no enthusiasm from the touchline or pre and post match interviews, no interaction with the fans in the Hospo or Boardroom so like in any newish job it looks to me like AFC and McIntyre do not look like a good match, this happens in any walk of life.

McKenna took a bit of stick for last week but at least he obviously cares for our club.

Cut our loses now, speak to the players we want to keep next season to get their views and take it from there.