The Arbroath Thread

5 minutes ago, ScottishLoon said:

Anyone know where Leighton McIntosh is based out of these days?

Dundee. But he’s supposedly looking for FT football, be surprised if he finds it mind you. Could see Cove again possibly. 

On 31/05/2024 at 13:29, Leicesterlichtie said:

I'd held off the Always Arbroath, probably due to the fact how shit the football had been going since it's conception.

Now the dust has settled and some positives ahead, I'm with @1320Lichtie and going to sign up. Mainly, because the few ways I can help the club, apart from the odd game I can attend, is through these initiatives, buying a shirt, being part of online lichties who sponsor a player, etc.

This is very much the stage am at, I will be signing up on my return from holiday 

There it is - the biggest sponsorship deal in the clubs history is indeed the naming rights to Gayfield. 

We will now play our home games at The Greenversity Renewables stadium at Gayfield - or as everyone else will call it - Gayfield 

Free Money 💰 

Posted (edited)

This is actually really pretty decent - could end up significantly reducing utility bills as well as receiving the sponsorship money 

they will now also immediately begin working with the Club to make the stadium fully solar powered and more energy efficient for generations to come.’

Edited by 1320Lichtie

I admit to being really pleased with the naming development. A decent, progressive company name in our stadium title is the right sort of image. Congratulations to Paul and all at AFC for the investment achieved.

Time for some more good news on the signings front?

Great bit of business. We will all call it Gayfield. Visiting fans will still call it Gayfield. Even pundits will still call it Gayfield.

But match reports on BBC, DKY etc will end up using the new sponsor name so they get their advertising. Not to mention the advertising boards that will surely be put up.

Cant complain at all this.

4 minutes ago, ExiledLichtie said:

I like it!  Its a non evil stadium sponsor.  Excellent!

23 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

This is actually really pretty decent - could end up significantly reducing utility bills as well as receiving the sponsorship money 

they will now also immediately begin working with the Club to make the stadium fully solar powered and more energy efficient for generations to come.’

They’ve had one look at Gayfield , a windmill in each corner and solar panels on all these roofs

Really really pleased with this sponsorship. It’ll still be known as Gayfield by anyone that actually matters, and should hopefully net the club a good sum and reduce our energy bills. Fair fucks to Paul Reid he’s really got shit moving so far.

1 hour ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Free Money 💰 

Hope so. Their accounts up to last October only show 1 employee and a few quid in the bank. Hopefully they have sourced a big contract since then!

1 hour ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Great idea, but surely wind turbines would be more useful than solar panels at gayfield! 😬

26 minutes ago, BobLatchford said:

Hope so. Their accounts up to last October only show 1 employee and a few quid in the bank. Hopefully they have sourced a big contract since then!

That doesn’t bother me too much seeing as there’ll be a good bit of money involved in even securing the naming rights to the park. That’s not including future fees which would all have to be proven to be feasible to Greenversity.

14 minutes ago, glasgowlichtie23 said:

That doesn’t bother me too much seeing as there’ll be a good bit of money involved in even securing the naming rights to the park. That’s not including future fees which would all have to be proven to be feasible to Greenversity.

If imagine they money needs to be paid in advance 

9 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

If imagine they money needs to be paid in advance 

Or at least a guarantee the money exists