The Arbroath Thread

12 hours ago, Tattie36 said:

... Even with such a short time having passed, our days of being a decent Championship side feels like a million years ago.

Don't worry, time's a great healer - in a couple of months time you won't even remember once having been a regular Championship side ... trust me. 😐

3 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

If Gallagher is good to go on Saturday I’d start him. Not willing to risk Reilly yet tho. So if we go 2 up front maybe Gallagher and Dow? Or Murray? Put Stewart back into the midfield 

McAdams or Hemphrey

Bisland-TOB-Hammy-Wilkie

Stewart-Slater-Gold-Dow

Gallagher-Murray

Think Reilly will probably no play until Bonnyrigg. It was a groin strain he was feeling so may as well take it easy and then give him a run out before league campaign starts but yeah I like the look of this and hope we can get minutes into Gallagher’s legs over these next 3 games and come Stenny he’s fit and ready to go.

Actually very much like the idea of Murray playing off him right now too. Think that could work well. 

Obviously it’s only been about a month since training started and they’ve probably only had about 10 sessions and 3 games but wondering if it’s because of Tom Ritchie. We do look really fit and noticeable differences in some players especially Murray and I think Dow as well. Also a joy to see ToB and Hammy back looking like themselves. (Minus ToB heed up arse moment for pen)

The defence has looked really really encouraging and I hope that continues as it would be a good base to build from. 

eta - McIntyre saying Gallagher still not quite right with his calf and Reilly will be back training tomorrow - so hopefully at least one of them can start the game on Saturday.

Edited by 1320Lichtie

TASC SOCIAL MEDIA MAN OF THE MATCH - RESULT

Congratulations to Aidan McAdams on winning the TASC Social Media Man of the Match for his performance in our Lichties defeat to Premier League Dundee at Gayfield last night. The summer signing made a string of incredible saves on his competitive debut.

IMG_2437.jpeg

Edited by TASC_1878

Going by McIntyre's interview I dont think we will be seeing Gallagher starting this weekend. Most likely a 30 minute spell off the bench.

Reilly should be back from injury on Thursday but again he might not start this weekend. But having both back to come off the bench is a step in the right direction.

Not trying to have a go at anyone as I understand it’s volunteers who run the social media. But can we go back to event by event updates on Twitter for fans who can’t make the game. Was on holiday for the game midweek and found These updates every 20 mins is daft and really leaves you in the dark. Ended up just looking at Dundee’s. 

4 hours ago, Fitbafan36 said:

Not trying to have a go at anyone as I understand it’s volunteers who run the social media. But can we go back to event by event updates on Twitter for fans who can’t make the game. Was on holiday for the game midweek and found These updates every 20 mins is daft and really leaves you in the dark. Ended up just looking at Dundee’s. 

Absolutely does my head in more than anything. 

Will hopefully make vast majority of games home and away so shouldn’t affect me too much but updates every 5 minutes probably be a bit easier than doing the graphic with photo etc anyway. 

They’re obviously just trying something new - they’d probably appreciate the feedback.

It is hard to gauge these things because some people like certain things and dislike others and usually it’s only the people who dislike things who state x or y so hard to gauge overall opinion. I used to like the wee signing teaser announcements but obviously other people didn’t so that’s changed now and that’s absolutely fair enough. 

TLDR - can’t please everyone and would be an impossible job trying to

Edited by 1320Lichtie

20 hours ago, RedLichtie86 said:

Going by McIntyre's interview I dont think we will be seeing Gallagher starting this weekend. Most likely a 30 minute spell off the bench.

Reilly should be back from injury on Thursday but again he might not start this weekend. But having both back to come off the bench is a step in the right direction.

We cannot go into anymore games with Dow up front

7 hours ago, Fitbafan36 said:

I’ve noticed a lot of posts on our social media that have basic grammatical errors, resulting in sentences that don’t really make sense. I get some things are down to personal preference, but there’s no excuse for that.

825 season tickets sold as of today - you would imagine they’ll easily shift another 175 and meet the target of 1k before Montrose at home on the 10th August and after everyone has had another pay day and is back into the swing of things after holidays (Germany for a lot of people) are over and season starts back up.

Not sure there’ll be another team in this league with even 825 season tickets never mind 1k plus so we should have a pretty good budget for the division.

Very intrigued to see what the squad will look like come the end of the window. 

ETA - except Inverness - but f**k knows what’s going on there. 

Edited by 1320Lichtie

More season tickets than I expected, 

Very good effort considering how things have been last few years,

Noticed Todorov been released from Airdrie, wonder if he would be looking for part time 

8 hours ago, Leicesterlichtie said:

Think that would be an extreme long shot. 

Aye think he will more than likely stay FT. 

Jai Quitongo still a free agent I think. He can play both uptop and left wing and is rapid, also been injury prone in recent years so maybe PT would suit.

Just hope that we have a striker for these next 3 games (mean one of the ones we have signed do not expect anyone in before Saturday) because not really got anyone you’d fancy to score a goal in the team if not. Dow been looking really sharp but he’s never had a good scoring record. Innes Murray would probably be the one you’d back if you had to put a bet on.

Will see how Saturday goes.. 

Edited by 1320Lichtie

13 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

Fancy us today lads. Feels like forever since Iv said that 

Tbf, our next three games, should be considered winnable, and possibly qualifying to the next stage, but we need to find a way to score goals

18 minutes ago, ecto said:

Tbf, our next three games, should be considered winnable, and possibly qualifying to the next stage, but we need to find a way to score goals

I wholeheartedly agree. 

Gavin Reilly been used in the picture they’ve posted for todays match - hopefully means we will actually have a striker on the pitch, although not sure how fit he will be

I would like to see a return to a back 4 today and Stewart return to right midfield - Murray or Dow off of a striker.