The Arbroath Thread

1 minute ago, ExiledLichtie said:

Pleased with that, from the sounds of it, gives us a proper winger and therefore some additional flexibility.  Going to be an awful lot of egg on an awful lot of faces on here though.

8ybx9l.jpg

Your Quinn Coulson info is, I think, as follows:

Played 37 times for Alloa last season, was offered a new deal but wanted to explore other options, trained with Hamilton for a bit, has now signed up with ourselves.

Based on things from last season he sounds promising, and on paper someone who played every week at a top 4 team in this division and who they wanted to keep on sounds good....

2 minutes ago, SimonLichtie said:

Your Quinn Coulson info is, I think, as follows:

Played 37 times for Alloa last season, was offered a new deal but wanted to explore other options, trained with Hamilton for a bit, has now signed up with ourselves.

Based on things from last season he sounds promising, and on paper someone who played every week at a top 4 team in this division and who they wanted to keep on sounds good....

Its exactly what we should be doing.  Poaching the best part time players from other teams.  Strengthens us and weakens our opposition.  Pleasing.

First break out season last season too the guys only 20. 2 year deal. Really good ball carrier and if he adds numbers to game could be flying - I’ve heard 

Feels refreshing having younger guys in squad 

3 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

First break out season last season too the guys only 20. 2 year deal. Really good ball carrier and if he adds numbers to game could be flying - I’ve heard 

Feels refreshing having younger guys in squad 

Where’d you hear that 🤔 

Heard from a couple boys that played with and against him that he’ll be a good addition. Won’t make tomorrow or next week, but excited/nervous for the derby. Chance for some of the new boys to make themselves heroes.

Know a good chunk of our support rated Coulson but I am not a fan. Doesn’t score, doesn’t assist, doesn’t have blistering pace and gets booked for diving every second week. Always thought he had more in the locker than he showed for us but had plenty opportunities and always flattered to deceive for me.

He does clearly have potential to become a solid signing for you guys as there is a player in there somewhere, but he’s not one I’m disappointed to lose. Good luck to him.

3 minutes ago, AlloaAdam said:

Know a good chunk of our support rated Coulson but I am not a fan. Doesn’t score, doesn’t assist, doesn’t have blistering pace and gets booked for diving every second week. Always thought he had more in the locker than he showed for us but had plenty opportunities and always flattered to deceive for me.

He does clearly have potential to become a solid signing for you guys as there is a player in there somewhere, but he’s not one I’m disappointed to lose. Good luck to him.

30 games. 3 yellow cards. Sounds like sour grapes?

4 minutes ago, AlloaAdam said:

I understand the criticism, but fact of the matter is that if he had goals and assists to his game at his age he would probably be moving to a full time club.