1- Champions

2- Callum Gallagher

3-Thomas O’Brien

4- Callum Gallagher

5- Yes

1. Third

2. Cal Gallagher

3. ToB

4. Keith Watson (because Hammy was such a big blow and hoping he comes in, stays fit and shows his experience)

5. Yes (much of it depends on next 2/3 league games though I think. A good result to start would help him kick on) 

49 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

Right lads. Preseason prediction time.

1-League position?

2-Top Goalscorer?

3-Player of the Year?

4-New Signing of the Season

5-Does McIntyre last the season? 

1- 2nd promoted via playoffs

2- CalGal

3- ToB or Gallagher

4- Gallagher 

5- Yes 

55 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

1-League position?

2-Top Goalscorer?

3-Player of the Year?

1.  Fourth.  Hard to tell though.

2. Gallagher

3. Normally ToB would be a shoo in, but I wonder if the injuries will take their toll.  Scott Stewart, if he can nail down a regular position.

4. Total guess, I'll go for Reilly.

5. Yes.

1 hour ago, lichtie23 said:

1-League position?

2-Top Goalscorer?

3-Player of the Year?

2nd
Gallagher

Scott Stewart

Gallagher

yes

2 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

1-League position?

2-Top Goalscorer?

3-Player of the Year?

For me

1- Champions

2- Callum Gallagher

3-Thomas O’Brien

4- Callum Gallagher

5- Yes

Love these kinda things 😅😅

1 - 3rd

2 - Gallagher 

3 - Reilly

4 - Reilly

5 - No

1-League position?

2-Top Goalscorer?

3-Player of the Year?

For me

1- Champions

2- Callum Gallagher

3-Thomas O’Brien

4- Callum Gallagher

5- Yes

1. Top 3

2. Gallagher 

3. Stewart 

4. Reilly

5. yes 

Bisland and Wilkie miss out on newcomer v closely 

Edited by SmokeyJoe

1-League position?

2-Top Goalscorer?

3-Player of the Year?

For me

1- Champions

2- Callum Gallagher

3-Thomas O’Brien

4- Callum Gallagher

5- Yes

1. Champions

2. Gavin Reilly

3. Calum Gallagher

4. Keith Watson

5. Yes

🇱🇻🔥⚽❤️ Bring On The New Season Red Lichties 🙌🙌🙌

Always put on an accumulator of lower league league winners. 

It looks from the outside that you have made some excellent signings, and have the most quality in the league. However, there are obviously some question marks and no one on here seems overly confident. 

What are your thoughts on your chances? 

I’m edging towards you as league winners over QOS at the moment. I just don’t see them having the same quality, particularly in defence and up front. 

10 hours ago, No_Problemo said:

Always put on an accumulator of lower league league winners. 

It looks from the outside that you have made some excellent signings, and have the most quality in the league. However, there are obviously some question marks and no one on here seems overly confident. 

What are your thoughts on your chances? 

I’m edging towards you as league winners over QOS at the moment. I just don’t see them having the same quality, particularly in defence and up front. 

For what it’s worth I feel like I am reasonably confident of Arbroath doing well this season but at the same time and after a long time of being a team that’s had a really hard time, a record losing streak and a whole lot of scuddings it is hard to be too positive.

There is a lot of negativity in the support towards the manager and he needs to turn that around very soon with some results - if he can do that I think we could be good to go on and do well. If not then I think it’ll be a bit rocky and it’ll take time to recover with more than likely a new gaffer coming in at some point.

I have grown to like McIntyre to be honest, actually think it’s because of some of the shite he’s had to deal with from the support. All well and good not fancying him as a manager but I don’t agree with the way some have behaved online and at games too. So hoping he does well

I always do one of they bets too - managed to win a decent amount last year after an EW top 3 finish bet because Spartans were at such humongous odds - took them, United, Falkirk, Celtic and Leeds. 

Taken Spartans again, QoTS, Birmingham and Burnley this time around. Bit tougher this season, best of luck.

To summarise If I was an outsider I would be looking at our squad too and thinking exactly the same as you but for me it’s a bit more complicated than that and overall I’m very unsure of how this seasons going to unfold 

40 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

For what it’s worth I feel like I am reasonably confident of Arbroath doing well this season but at the same time and after a long time of being a team that’s had a really hard time, a record losing streak and a whole lot of scuddings it is hard to be too positive.

There is a lot of negativity in the support towards the manager and he needs to turn that around very soon with some results - if he can do that I think we could be good to go on and do well. If not then I think it’ll be a bit rocky and it’ll take time to recover with more than likely a new gaffer coming in at some point.

I have grown to like McIntyre to be honest, actually think it’s because of some of the shite he’s had to deal with from the support. All well and good not fancying him as a manager but I don’t agree with the way some have behaved online and at games too. So hoping he does well

I always do one of they bets too - managed to win a decent amount last year after an EW top 3 finish bet because Spartans were at such humongous odds - took them, United, Falkirk, Celtic and Leeds. 

Taken Spartans again, QoTS, Birmingham and Burnley this time around. Bit tougher this season, best of luck.

To summarise If I was an outsider I would be looking at our squad too and thinking exactly the same as you but for me it’s a bit more complicated than that and overall I’m very unsure of how this seasons going to unfold 

I had Dundee United, Hamilton and Dumbarton last season each way - Dumbarton f**ked it in the last minute of the season for me which was utterly heartbreaking after it going all season! 

Yeah, my main concern is the negativity towards the manager - a couple of early losses and you could be looking at the slide from last season continuing until someone new is appointed. It really shouldn’t be happening with that squad though!

Spartans was a very good shout last season!!

Aye, league one is a nightmare this year. I can’t see anyone outside QOS or Arbroath winning the league but at the same time I wouldn’t be surprised to see you have a shocker. QOS are most likely the safe option I guess!

2 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

I had Dundee United, Hamilton and Dumbarton last season each way - Dumbarton f**ked it in the last minute of the season for me which was utterly heartbreaking after it going all season! 

Yeah, my main concern is the negativity towards the manager - a couple of early losses and you could be looking at the slide from last season continuing until someone new is appointed. It really shouldn’t be happening with that squad though!

Spartans was a very good shout last season!!

Aye, league one is a nightmare this year. I can’t see anyone outside QOS or Arbroath winning the league but at the same time I wouldn’t be surprised to see you have a shocker. QOS are most likely the safe option I guess!

Really excited but also extremely nervous about this season - sure Ayr have been in a similar position at some time through the years.

Best of luck for your bet and for Ayr United this season. 

19 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

1-League position?

2-Top Goalscorer?

3-Player of the Year?

For me

1- Champions

2- Callum Gallagher

3-Thomas O’Brien

4- Callum Gallagher

5- Yes

1 6th

2 Cal Gal

3 Scottie Stewart

4 Cal Gal

5 No

I can’t do this. A draw and a win in two meaningless games with a hopefully incomplete squad doesn’t tell us much. The switch from “Jim must go” to possible champions is a huge one. I’ve no idea if TOB will return to his best, no idea if Spalding or Coulson will work out, no idea if our two strikers will stay fit and firing or if Watson will stay fit. 
I’ll just sit here and hope. 

3 minutes ago, glasgowlichtie23 said:

How we all feeling for Saturday?

Confident. Liked what I seen in the most on Saturday. Confident we can get off to a winning start 

1 hour ago, TheRoundO said:

I can’t do this. A draw and a win in two meaningless games with a hopefully incomplete squad doesn’t tell us much. The switch from “Jim must go” to possible champions is a huge one. I’ve no idea if TOB will return to his best, no idea if Spalding or Coulson will work out, no idea if our two strikers will stay fit and firing or if Watson will stay fit. 
I’ll just sit here and hope. 

You and me both. 

I'll venture down on Saturday, travelling more in hope than expectation, sadly we all know about hope.......