The Arbroath Thread

I saw Richardson a couple of years ago when he was on loan at Dundee North End, only thing I can remember is that he looks like Phil Foden. 2 in 20 for Brechin is not great reading but hopefully he can kick on.

11 minutes ago, glasgowlichtie23 said:

Poor management that we haven’t signed 4 strikers in case all 3 get injured!

I mean, isn't it?  Three strikers is now the exact minimum needed for a 2 striker system.  Two to start, and one on the bench for later on, because this is the 5 sub era and teams can replace half their starting line ups with fresh players.  If a single one of those 3 gets injured, then we're back in crisis mode.

So yes, if you were serious about playing "2 up top", then I'd argue 4 strikers is the correct number to have in the squad, with 1 not being as strong as the other 3 (e.g. a youth or veteran).  If you were playing 1 up front, then you'd have 2 with one backup.

Isn't this a fairly elementary football concept? I don't feel this is a particularly radical thing to say?

16 minutes ago, Lichtie78 said:

I saw Richardson a couple of years ago when he was on loan at Dundee North End, only thing I can remember is that he looks like Phil Foden. 2 in 20 for Brechin is not great reading but hopefully he can kick on.

Thought the exact same 😅

Not best record in a poor league where you would of thought he got chances, hopefully can improve on that 

Meh

But was either going to be a young lad or a jobber - know not a thing about him - been on Dundee bench all of League Cup and last Sunday tbf so they must think there is promise there

Good luck to him 

Edited by 1320Lichtie

39 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Meh

But was either going to be a young lad or a jobber - know not a thing about him - been on Dundee bench all of League Cup and last Sunday tbf so they must think there is promise there

Good luck to him 

I'm sorry, what?  I always like to see players given a chance, so I don't judge them before seeing them, but you were one of the people absolutely adamant that we shouldn't be signing "bodies" to fill the squad. 

Furthermore, when others doubted the quality of loan players, you went on about how there have been so many great loan players.  We've come a long way from that to "But was either going to be a young lad or a jobber".

The sheer revisionism of that statement is absolutely staggering!  

One positive about Richardson is that despite his age he’ll have a good amount of adult football under his belt having spent a good bit of time in the juniors and then at Brechin last season. 

Can see it being 1 out, 1 in now.

Stowe for a left sided player to offer cover for LB and LM.

Walker for a DM/CB option as we have 4 players that can play at RB just now.

4 hours ago, DUAFC said:

Great job Charlie.

Dick Campbell must be a real double edged sword to interview  - plenty to say, but never shuts up.

Like others on here, not a fan of his, yes he achieved a lot, not a pleasant individual however.

Keep up the good work 👏 

Least amount of questions I’ve ever had to ask 😅 every guest is different. Guys like Pat Scullion are probably the opposite in my case, left me plenty of room to get questions in.

I’d have been daft to go in thinking he wouldn’t be talking a lot, but hey every is different. I just sat back and enjoyed the show 😂

appreciate the kind words anyway mate, I’ll see what I can do to get someone that may peak all of your interest a wee bit more on!

3 hours ago, ExiledLichtie said:

I'm sorry, what?  I always like to see players given a chance, so I don't judge them before seeing them, but you were one of the people absolutely adamant that we shouldn't be signing "bodies" to fill the squad. 

Furthermore, when others doubted the quality of loan players, you went on about how there have been so many great loan players.  We've come a long way from that to "But was either going to be a young lad or a jobber".

The sheer revisionism of that statement is absolutely staggering!  

Yes, I was hoping for a more established young lad who’d been out on loan previously and done well or a bang average experienced L1 level striker 

👍🏻

It’s Derby Day!

A message to the players ⬇️

Today isn’t just any game, it’s much bigger than that. Legends are made in the Derby. We follow you everywhere and treat you like heroes, so go win the game for us 🇱🇻

Just now, TASC_1878 said:

It’s Derby Day!

A message to the players ⬇️

Today isn’t just any game, it’s much bigger than that. Legends are made in the Derby. We follow you everywhere and treat you like heroes, so go win the game for us 🇱🇻

Birthday Caird pish.

Need to get stuck into them with the same attitude as our 'Bar Manager' getting stuck into the bevvy in the boardroom.

17 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Meh

Good luck to him 

When does his contract run out, if it the end of this season, then he’s just running it down

16 hours ago, Lichtie78 said:

One positive about Richardson is that despite his age he’ll have a good amount of adult football under his belt having spent a good bit of time in the juniors and then at Brechin last season. 

This is correct, still don’t mean he’s any good

17 hours ago, TheRoundO said:

Now we desperately need a couple of better midfielders- it’s a real weakness in our squad. 

this 100%, centre mid is a creative wasteland 

13 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Yes, I was hoping for a more established young lad who’d been out on loan previously and done well or a bang average experienced L1 level striker 

👍🏻

should have been the bare minimum requirement 

9 minutes ago, lichtiekev said:

Nobody is defending that,

Nobody can think he deserves anymore time, 

No more excuses 

What you need is an experienced local candidate.  Mr Ray McKinnon is just the man for your club.

I'm sure his present employers won't be hard to deal with 😉