The Arbroath Thread

1 hour ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Never in all my life have I heard home fans sing you’re getting sacked in the morning to their own manager. Dont think there is any way back for him from here which is ashame but suppose it’s going to be an interesting month because can’t see them pulling the trigger and changing anything right now. 

🎵 Henderson must go, Henderson must go, Ee-i-adio, Henderson must go 🎵

Edited by lichtgilphead

We have 2 of reputedly the best strikers in this league, but the service to them was non existent. Aimless long balls into the box and no sign of players trying to get to the bye line and cross. No matter what level of football, Crosses bring goals. Nowhere near the level we should be at 

20 minutes ago, relichtie said:

We have 2 of reputedly the best strikers in this league, but the service to them was non existent. Aimless long balls into the box and no sign of players trying to get to the bye line and cross. No matter what level of football, Crosses bring goals. Nowhere near the level we should be at 

How many shots on target we had the last 2 games too?

Can’t think of any yesterday other than the one that Murray had in the box that was deflected into their keepers hands.

Last week aside from Coulsons superb free kick not a thing. 

180 minutes of football

eta - checked highlights, few that will go down as shots on target but none ever really threatening 

Edited by 1320Lichtie

12 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Can’t think of any yesterday other than the one that Murray had in the box that was deflected into their keepers hands.

180 minutes of football

We had 5 on target yesterday. Though not the greatest of chances.

8 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

180 minutes of football

I never at any point yesterday felt we were likely to score.  The second half of yesterday's game was what Arsene Wenger used to call "sterile domination".

I’m just checking in in the hope McIntyre has gone but nope. Just listened to his post match interview. It’s not usually the Lichties manager who complains about the wind. Did he think the Gayfield climate would change when he took the job. Surely an Arbroath manager should coach and plan for windy days?

He said “the boys stuck to the game plan “ so the way we played is down to him. 
I’m afraid we’re the frog in the water heading for boiling, not noticing we’re in huge trouble until it’s too late. 
I’ve not said it before (I lived in hope) but McIntyre must go as soon as possible. Maybe we’ll recruit another sh1t manager but we need to change. 

I genuinely think McIntyre has to basically go 3 out of 4 or 4 out of 4 or he’ll be done. Some uphill battle he’s got on his hands now

Who would any new potential candidates be? Has anyone got any ideas? 

Darren Young? 

Jim McInally? 

Kevin Thomson? 

I actually can’t think of many.

I think Young seems like a nice guy he’s won the league below a few times but seems to have not been very well backed when he’s come into this division. Also would have to fancy him to sort out that centre of midfield 

Jim McInally old school but local guy who again is very experienced and more of a manager than a coach 

Kevin Thomson complete opposite. I’m not very sure I actually like him very much maybe seems a bit divisive but seemed to do well at Kelty. 

Edited by 1320Lichtie

2 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

I genuinely think McIntyre has to basically go 3 out of 4 or 4 out of 4 or he’ll be done. Some uphill battle he’s got on his hands now

Darren Young? 

Jim McInally? 

Kevin Thomson? 

I think Young seems like a nice guy he’s won the league below a few times but seems to have not been very well backed when he’s come into this division. Also would have to fancy him to sort out that centre of midfield 

Jim McInally old school but local guy who again is very experienced and more of a manager than a coach 

Kevin Thomson complete opposite. I’m not very sure I actually like him very much maybe seems a bit divisive but seemed to do well at Kelty. 

His interview is a shambles, he honestly would of been better saying he needs to do better, 

He won't be manager much longer, everyone and there granny can see he isn't gonna turn it around. He hasn't shown anything to prove otherwise so I'd really hope they are looking., But who ever does come in needs to have a better connection with fans, 

The connection with fans thing.....i really couldn't give a monkeys about the managers body language on the touchline or coming over to the supporters at the end of games. If we had been winning games it wouldn't get a mention. 

I can’t believe I’ve just heard an Arbroath manager say he doesn’t want to use wind conditions to play fitba. Does he think he’s f**king Pep or Arteta fs it’s Scottish League One.

Excuses excuses and more f**king excuses. Done with it. Get him to f**k now or we’re looking at another relegation battle. He was an absolute shitebag yesterday aswell, straight down the tunnel after the match.

Edited by ellichtie

I live in Forfar and it’s been very windy through here the past week too. 36mph gusts also forecast through here for next Saturday… it is Scotland we play in ffs. Hopefully that changes before next weekend but that wind was only a hindrance in the first half yesterday. 

It used to be the case that you’d want to shoot against it in the first half and then would be happy at only being a goal down or extremely happy at 0-0 because you’d pepper the oppositions goal with it at your back.

Why on earth would you actually say that you didn’t try to use it to your advantage… 🤦🏻‍♂️

Edited by 1320Lichtie

Once saw Arbroath score from their own half with a wind assisted shot back in the 1960s. 

What a statement from the manager that he doesn't want to use the wind to play football. 

I think he has lost the plot and should really go. 

9 minutes ago, Housecaptain said:

Once saw Arbroath score from their own half with a wind assisted shot back in the 1960s. 

What a statement from the manager that he doesn't want to use the wind to play football. 

I think he has lost the plot and should really go. 

I remember Barry Sellars doing that too against Dumbarton!! Absolute thunderb*****d of a strike

Some of the players were maybe gonna shoot yesterday then had a thought to themselves "better not use the wind to my adventures the manager doesn't want that"

Yesterday was a must win no matter what, Would of took a last minute own goal from a Gill goal kick if it meant winning a league game 

Did McInally also instruct his players not to press too hard, as he wouldn't want to take advantage of Montrose being a man down?  f**king hell.

Darren Young won the league with Stirling, but they did not really back him with players, he had more or less the same squad, and ended up narrowly relegated.  He'd be able to work wonders with our squad.  He took a squad that was going nowhere the previous season and galvanised them  to the title.  I'd get him in today if we could.   When even the most blinkered "defend the club at all costs" types on here can see the end in sight, surely people know its time up?  

Every game we wait now is another game wasted.  He's had 6 games and won 1.  If people want to write off the Dundee game because "well, they are a bigger team", then we can write off our win over Bonnyrigg for exactly the same reasons.  So 6 games, 1 win.   May as well get a new man in so he can make his stamp before the January window.  

You’d like to think the board would just announce a wee post to say the manager has x amount of games or whatever to keep the fan base updated it’s a boring old read on the socials from the same old moany c***s 

2 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Darren Young? 

Jim McInally? 

Kevin Thomson? 

Thomson probably get the Raith job, you can poke the rest