The Arbroath Thread

16 hours ago, charliewheelen said:

Evening all,

Happy to report that’s me back from Lochee having met Bobby Linn. What a gentleman, one of the loveliest guys I could’ve wished to ever have on the podcast. Cracking wee set up at Thomson’s Park if you haven’t seen it already.

That’s a man that loves your club alright, he got a wee bit emotional talking about the Killie and Caley Thistle games in particular. You’ll be interested to hear about his relationship with Dick, we even got his Arbroath 5-a-side in to finish it all off. All in all, one of the best chats I’ve had, really laid back but authentic. I hope you’re looking forward to it, I’ll share it here when it’s good to go!

I’ll probably get my Montrose Supporters Club membership revoked for this, but Bobby Linn seems like a top man. Bumped in to him a few times at an old job in Dundee and always got a good wee chat about the football. Not at all surprised that you enjoyed interviewing him and I’ll certainly give it a listen when it’s uploaded.

He’s still a smokie b*****d. 

16 minutes ago, Aidan said:

I’ll probably get my Montrose Supporters Club membership revoked for this, but Bobby Linn seems like a top man. Bumped in to him a few times at an old job in Dundee and always got a good wee chat about the football. Not at all surprised that you enjoyed interviewing him and I’ll certainly give it a listen when it’s uploaded.

Ah he made some conclusive statements on the Angus football hierarchy! Brilliant chat mate, starting to really love that wee corner of Scotland and its football. If it softens the blow, Petrie was a top man as well. Had it not been for how sound and brand new he was with me, I may not have been as expressive and open with a lot of my guests going forward. 

I’ll fire the link on here when it’s good to go, give the show (Today Wheelenterview) a follow wherever you listen so it’s there waiting for you as well mate. 

7 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Fair play and respect, don’t know if I’ve ever seen anyone go to the effort you have here after getting that kind of feedback - will definitely listen and also try and listen in on your other stuff too. 

@Francesc Fabregas used to have a cracking podcast called Tell Him He’s Pele where he done something similar so you can definitely do well with it. 

Best of luck to you and look forward to hearing what the main man Bobby has to say. 

It was a pilgrimage and a half mate, straight up after a lecture at Uni, well worth it nonetheless. If I’m not in it for you guys, the fans up and down the country, what’s the point?

He seemed really delighted to get the chance to share his story, which really put me at ease. I’m just happy I got there before Si and Slaney did 😅

thanks very much anyway though mate, looking to get it out first thing Tuesday morning

1 hour ago, charliewheelen said:

It was a pilgrimage and a half mate, straight up after a lecture at Uni, well worth it nonetheless. If I’m not in it for you guys, the fans up and down the country, what’s the point?

He seemed really delighted to get the chance to share his story, which really put me at ease. I’m just happy I got there before Si and Slaney did 😅

thanks very much anyway though mate, looking to get it out first thing Tuesday morning

Well done mate and cannot wait to hear what Sir Bobby Linn of Aberbrothock has to say.

Both of you top men, cheers Smokies & Wine 36-0.

19 hours ago, Aidan said:

I work in Dundee and used to live there too - every time his lorry drove past me he would legitimately hang out the window and start shouting wildly at me. Guys a hero 😂

Gutted I cannot make his dinner at the start of November. Guys been away for a wee while now but club still managing to host sold out dinners with the guy. A proper club legend who I genuinely hope comes back to Gayfield in some capacity when he gets fed up of firing in worldies on a Saturday 

42 minutes ago, TheRoundO said:

21 year old Fraser Taylor on loan from St Mirren. Midfielder. Assume he comes recommended by Ryan Flynn 

4 appearances for them this season, one of them a start, also got an assist v SK Brann in Europe… 42 games in NIFL Premiership last season. I mean it sounds pretty promising, think Flynn probably definitely swung it in honesty 

Stephen Robinson said ‘ We see Fraser as an important part of the squad going forward but it's important that we don't halt his development at this stage. ‘

Intriguing one anyway. 

41 minutes ago, Stan Bo said:

He's technically very good. He's really small, may get bullied depending how physical league one is these days.

I like him as a player and think you are a great club for him. 

36 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

Lots of folk pretty disappointed he's not being given more of a chance. He really is right on the cusp of our first team. As mentioned, his height may hold him back, especially in a Robinson squad.

Couple of inputs from Saints fans - sounds promising. Checked his goals for Ballymena and highlights packages. Looks like he could play anywhere across the midfield infront of Flynn, very quick, great technically, clever, looks to get a shot away, loves running with ball however pretty wee laddie, seems to get stuck in in fairness. Could be the spark we need who knows 

1 hour ago, 1320Lichtie said:

4 appearances for them this season, one of them a start, also got an assist v SK Brann in Europe… 42 games in NIFL Premiership last season. I mean it sounds pretty promising, think Flynn probably definitely swung it in honesty 

Stephen Robinson said ‘ We see Fraser as an important part of the squad going forward but it's important that we don't halt his development at this stage. ‘

Intriguing one anyway. 

He's out of contract at the end of the season so he probably needs to impress for an extension. 

1 hour ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Couple of inputs from Saints fans - sounds promising. Checked his goals for Ballymena and highlights packages. Looks like he could play anywhere across the midfield infront of Flynn, very quick, great technically, clever, looks to get a shot away, loves running with ball however pretty wee laddie, seems to get stuck in in fairness. Could be the spark we need who knows 

Sounds like Falky.

59 minutes ago, RedLichtie86 said:

Sounds like Falky.

Even just the thought of that is giving me goosebumps 🇱🇻⚽🔥 Falky one of my fave players of all time 🙌🙌🙌 If this guy is even half as good we will be absolutely laughing.