The Arbroath Thread

On 01/10/2024 at 10:33, charliewheelen said:

Morning all,

at last (after 6 days) my chat with Bobby is on air. I said it before and I’ll say it again how much I enjoyed it, it’s got a bit of everything in it. It may be hard to see due to the lighting in the room, however the parts where we discuss the fairytale season got him quite emotional. I’ll stop blabbering and let you all drink it in, easily one of my best chats I’ve had so far.

Here’s the YouTube to make it nice and accessible for you all, I’d love as many of you all to see and hear what he has to say so get it shared around everywhere! Enjoy

Brilliant interview Charlie

Morning all,

at last (after 6 days) my chat with Bobby is on air. I said it before and I’ll say it again how much I enjoyed it, it’s got a bit of everything in it. It may be hard to see due to the lighting in the room, however the parts where we discuss the fairytale season got him quite emotional. I’ll stop blabbering and let you all drink it in, easily one of my best chats I’ve had so far.

Here’s the YouTube to make it nice and accessible for you all, I’d love as many of you all to see and hear what he has to say so get it shared around everywhere! Enjoy

Thanks Charlie that was absolutely fantastic 🇱🇻⚽🔥 Cheers for that, Will go and check out the other ones. All the very best  

Morning all,

Superb mate, great interview with Sir Bobby 36-0.

Edited by AFC360PUNK1320

What a fantastic player and person Bobby Linn is. I think that 5 a side team would be a hard match for anyone. Little and Doris are 2 of my all time favourite Arbroath players and McCord was a joy to watch when he was here. No surprise that Dick has approached him since being at East Fife. He would tear up that league and must be up there with the best players that DC has managed in his career.

1 minute ago, Hammerafc said:

What a fantastic player and person Bobby Linn is. I think that 5 a side team would be a hard match for anyone. Little and Doris are 2 of my all time favourite Arbroath players and McCord was a joy to watch when he was here. No surprise that Dick has approached him since being at East Fife. He would tear up that league and must be up there with the best players that DC has managed in his career.

Dick would get all upset when they start singing the Bobby linn song instead of heaping praise on him

3 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

Dick would get all upset when they start singing the Bobby linn song instead of heaping praise on him

He certainly liked being the centre of attention for sure. 

A lot of people thought Hamilton was away to East Fife this season and now he is one of our managers. 

Football certainly can be unpredictable.

Edited by Hammerafc

2 hours ago, Broath Boy said:

Hope we can change ends this Saturday to be able to stand behind each goals both halves, ICT won’t have many fans, probably only about the usual 20.

To be honest I think the club should actively look to house all away fans into the section of the main stand unless the away team sell out that section.

Bring back our traditional half time end swap.

1 hour ago, Lichtielegend said:

I heard something about the away clubs having to be offered seating and covered terracing (if available) tickets which makes non-segregation tricky.

In league 1 alone, Montrose, Alloa & Annan have covered terracing, but we only get uncovered standing areas.

7 minutes ago, lichtgilphead said:

In league 1 alone, Montrose, Alloa & Annan have covered terracing, but we only get uncovered standing areas.

Alloa have a temporary stand. I've only ever sat in that the 3/4 times I've been. Annan allocate a small section of the seating area to away fans. Those clubs either completely change their policy for Arbroath or you're misremembering. 

I've sat in the stands at the Recs, Galabank & Tinks Park. I've also stood in the covered terracing at all 3. However, the current segregation arrangements at these 3 grounds allocate no covered terracing to the away fans. The only covered away allocation is in the stands.

This contradicts @Lichtielegend & @lichtie23's contention that away clubs have to be offered seating AND covered terracing if available (my emphasis)

Accordingly, given these 3 exceptions, I fail to see why Arbroath have to offer both covered seating & covered terracing when we don't have the same option at a third of our away league trips this season.

I believe we also have previously sold a stand only allocation to Queens Park (could be wrong on the club, but I mind a group of fans complaining about not having terracing access).  It would make sense that if we had seats available, we would have to offer a seated section, but it makes no sense that we would *have* to offer terracing.  I'm with Lichtgilphead on this one.

Personally, I think that AFC should allocate the east end of the stand and the rerracing up to the Ladyloan corner to the away fans, unless a huge away support is expected. That would give them the option of a covered seat or uncovered terrace and would allow access to catering & toilets. 

Putting a couple of gates at the end of the wall behind the terrace would be a minimal cosr to install, and would be far better than the portable barriers that have recently been used.

Just now, lichtgilphead said:

Personally, I think that AFC should allocate the east end of the stand and the rerracing up to the Ladyloan corner to the away fans, unless a huge away support is expected. That would give them the option of a covered seat or uncovered terrace and would allow access to catering & toilets. 

Putting a couple of gates at the end of the wall behind the terrace would be a minimal cosr to install, and would be far better than the portable barriers that have recently been used.

I agree entirely.