Jump to content

The Arbroath Thread


Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, liferlichtie said:

On a lighter note i hear OFFGEM are announcing a PIECAP today seriously how high can they go😂🙃😭

Serious point, are noon kickoffs now an option, through the winter months, if so could this mean the return of streaming?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, ecto said:

Serious point, are noon kickoffs now an option, through the winter months, if so could this mean the return of streaming?

I can’t see them changing the kickoff times. Seems to reasonable 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

I would be well up for 1pm kick offs. Even that aside it’ll still be costly for running everything else on match day floodlights aside.

No sure 1pm is early enough, but costs will have to be reduced somehow 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Ian Campbell interview extremely interesting, said we are looking to get one, two, three or four players in… so obviously looking far and wide and in every position. Says we want to compliment our players quite significantly in the coming weeks 

 

Also more good work from Paul Reid. 16 minute interview and it answers a whole load of questions 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

The Ian Campbell interview extremely interesting, said we are looking to get one, two, three or four players in… so obviously looking far and wide and in every position. Says we want to compliment our players quite significantly in the coming weeks 

 

Also more good work from Paul Reid. 16 minute interview and it answers a whole load of questions 

I feel we are hearing the same thing every week 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, lichtie23 said:

I feel we are hearing the same thing every week 

They mentioned some of the difficulties they’ve had so far but it’s same at all levels isn’t it, every year transfer deadline day is wild because clubs NEED to do business then. Right now everyone assessing their options

 

He said all things going well we will have three or four guys in and if not then we will have a couple 

 

I have to admit I am pretty surprised at the fact we are looking to add up to 4 guys

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

They mentioned some of the difficulties they’ve had so far but it’s same at all levels isn’t it, every year transfer deadline day is wild because clubs NEED to do business then. Right now everyone assessing their options

 

He said all things going well we will have three or four guys in and if not then we will have a couple 

 

I have to admit I am pretty surprised at the fact we are looking to add up to 4 guys

4 in could mean 4 out. I think We all expect Dylan to be away but interesting to see who else go’s. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Tattie36 said:

I think it’s very interesting and highlights exactly why it’s attractive for many guys to stay part-time. I would imagine our top players will be on a pretty healthy wage, add that to their day job salary, which for some will be very good, and there are few clubs in the whole of Scotland that could match that.

I would actually go as far as to say that the vast majority of our players earn significantly more than the average Championship player.

I think the carrot is and it is probably something I would personally do myself if I was younger…. Is that training full time and dedicating all your time into football will give you the best possible chance of becoming the best footballer you can be and increase the chance of potentially getting a move to one of the top 6 clubs in Scotland or abroad where you can earn huge amounts. It’s totally understandable and guys like Savoury all things going well could end up at a Hearts or whatever in 3/4 years time who knows.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

56 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

The Ian Campbell interview extremely interesting, said we are looking to get one, two, three or four players in… so obviously looking far and wide and in every position. Says we want to compliment our players quite significantly in the coming weeks 

 

Also more good work from Paul Reid. 16 minute interview and it answers a whole load of questions 

He mentioned the playing people out of position too, obviously the management are aware that we all have the pitchforks out!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, ExiledLichtie said:

 

He mentioned the playing people out of position too, obviously the management are aware that we all have the pitchforks out!

Yeah I hope they realise that it’s not actual pitchforks though and we love them it’s just more frustration I think. Cause it can be frustrating but again we don’t see training.
 

I was told LD for example unbelievable centre mid against St Johnstone in a bounce game from someone who has zero connection to club and not a fan etc so can see why things like that are being tried. Sure LD even played centre half and strolled it in training. I imagine LD would look good in training no matter what tbh he’s just that type of guy. 

 

But yeah good interview and wasn’t any tip toeing around from Ian or Paul and it was a good listen

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, ExiledLichtie said:

 

He mentioned the playing people out of position too, obviously the management are aware that we all have the pitchforks out!

Thing is, there is no reason for anyone playing out of position 

 

5 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

4 in could mean 4 out. I think We all expect Dylan to be away but interesting to see who else go’s. 

Dylan, probably, followed by Jacobs, Donnelly and Hilson for me

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...