Jump to content

The Arbroath Thread


Recommended Posts

Don't make many posts- but last night was a shocker. 1 shot on goal with the wind behind us, and when will we ever play someone on the right wing (I mean an actual winger, not your modern wing back stuff). Open up the play let's give opposition left backs something to do.

Enough said.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, RedLichtie86 said:

So Dicks interview.

Mentions numerous times we are not creating enough in front of goal.

Well if you only have 1 or 0 wingers, no playmaker in the midfield and play with no actual striker of course you are not going to create anything.

The fact he complains its been like that for 5 games that tells a lot. Maybe its your tactics and team selection that has led to a bereft of chances.

Mentions he started McKenna but unsure if he was fit. Surely him and the player would know that beforehand. Why not use him as a sub for the last 30 mins. Ease him back into the team?

Then say Hilson has been good but not creative enough in front of goal so thats why he was dropped.

But we should all should just get a grip eh!

Maybe we are struggling in front of goal Dick because you’ve signed players who cannot play in the Scottish Leagues, a YouTuber and a young lad from the Highland League to supplement Bobby Linn and Dale Hilson. Oh and because you also take off Bobby Linn after an hour, the one genuine creative spark who can score a goal from nothing that we have in the entire squad. Maybe, just maybe that’s why

 

ETA - and everyone could’ve told you that months ago 

Edited by 1320Lichtie
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Have to say, Gayfield looks absolutely fantastic with the work that's been done.  Quite, jealous.

Nearly 1700 there too on a cold weeknight when we’d won 1 in 10 and have scored 2 league goals at Gayfield. Everything’s fucking great, except the football….. 

Edited by 1320Lichtie
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Heard he’s signed at a team down south until January 

 

Another unbelievable signing from DC… 

I was just reading the courier article earlier and Dick said it was paperwork. 
 

Madness if he’s away 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This is more like the Arbroath FC I’ve been used to all these years. All this great football and superb feel good stuff just wasn’t normal.

A return to shit football and shambolic off-field goings on feels just like putting on a nice old comfy pair o’ baffies.

Anyone for a gin night?

😆☹️😉

Edited by Tattie36
Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

I was just reading the courier article earlier and Dick said it was paperwork. 
 

Madness if he’s away 

Not away I heard he’s still currently signed at that team until January, it’s an amateur team but he cannot sign for us until January cause he’s registered with them 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Not away I heard he’s still currently signed at that team until January, it’s an amateur team but he cannot sign for us until January cause he’s registered with them 

Absolute shitshow

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Not away I heard he’s still currently signed at that team until January, it’s an amateur team but he cannot sign for us until January cause he’s registered with them 

If that's the case, doesn't sound like its our fault.  Don't know if this counts as one of Nouble's mates or not though, Lichteeeeee hasn't provided a list yet.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, ExiledLichtie said:

If that's the case, doesn't sound like its our fault.  Don't know if this counts as one of Nouble's mates or not though, Lichteeeeee hasn't provided a list yet.

I would've thought making sure somebody wasn't signed to another club before we announced them would be in the clubs jurisdiction.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, ExiledLichtie said:

If that's the case, doesn't sound like its our fault.  Don't know if this counts as one of Nouble's mates or not though, Lichteeeeee hasn't provided a list yet.

Mate the article where Dick said he was using Nouble to try find players from down south has been posted in here several times.
 

What’s with all the sarcastic comments about it? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Mate the article where Dick said he was using Nouble to try find players from down south has been posted in here several times.
 

What’s with all the sarcastic comments about it? 

Because I'm looking at our squad and I'm trying to work out who "all Nouble's mates" are.  Maybe Isiaka, but he was on trial with other clubs first.  So, who else?  Lichteeeeee makes it sound like we have a squad full of "Nouble's mates".

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, ExiledLichtie said:

Because I'm looking at our squad and I'm trying to work out who "all Nouble's mates" are.  Maybe Isiaka, but he was on trial with other clubs first.  So, who else?  Lichteeeeee makes it sound like we have a squad full of "Nouble's mates".

As someone else said, the article where DC confirms this has been posted several times in the past.

Dick said he was looking for Noubles mates in the press. How I've to somehow come up with a list of players who are his mates I'm not so sure.

It will be a long wait before i can provide a list, only Dick or Nouble himself can confirm who his mates are if you want to be anal about it. But you wont will you, you will sit back and do nothing.

Talk is cheap 

Go get the details

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, ExiledLichtie said:

Because I'm looking at our squad and I'm trying to work out who "all Nouble's mates" are.  Maybe Isiaka, but he was on trial with other clubs first.  

Just a quick question, maybe im a simpleton, but because a guy goes on trial with other clubs first, he cant be Noubles mate?

Ikechi Eze of Stranraer is Noubles mate, he was on trial with us, and ended up at Stranraer 

You going to say thats not his mate, because he didnt sign for Arbroath? Just so i can understand your logic on identifying who his mates are?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Lichteeeeee said:

Just a quick question, maybe im a simpleton, but because a guy goes on trial with other clubs first, he cant be Noubles mate?

Ikechi Eze of Stranraer is Noubles mate, he was on trial with us, and ended up at Stranraer 

You going to say thats not his mate, because he didnt sign for Arbroath? Just so i can understand your logic on identifying who his mates are?

Right, so we have one of "Nouble's mates", except he didnt sign for us.  I took a guess at Isiaka, but I'm really not sure who else in the squad counts.  So this idea that our squad is full of "all Nouble's mates" is just utter pish.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...