The Arbroath Thread

Positives are he’s played some games in English L2….. but that’s scraping the barrel. I really hope this greeting comes back and bites me on the arse big time but I’ve a feeling it won’t.

Fosu was decent for me, probably a half decent L1 player and he was fine… but the 5 or 6 other ones we’ve had who’ve been plucked from f**k knows where have been so terrible. They wouldn’t have even been half decent players for us in L2, so why are we continuing to do this. I really cannot be arsed - seems to be a similar feeling going by the reaction on social media and that’s new 

Edited by 1320Lichtie

1 hour ago, 1320Lichtie said:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kenan_Dünnwald-Turan

Honestly fucking hilarious - what are they seeing? At the Montrose game the boys I stand with asked me who it was uptop and I had told them he’d played the week before at Brechin and they couldn’t even remember him. He was pish against Montrose too. Cannot be arsed 😂

IMG_1893.png

I know Wikipedia isn’t the most reliable of sources but we’ve announced (and played) him as a striker yet he’s a midfielder on there 

15 minutes ago, ExiledLichtie said:

Impressive, we're throwing people on the scrapheap before a single competitive game.

Are we the worst fanbase on here?

This is just exactly what was said after we signed all the other useless c***s - I think we’re just all sick fed up of this new fascination Dick and Ian seem to have with signing these woeful hybrid players. They all seem to be strikers and attacking players which makes it all the more infuriating.

Just now, Smokerson said:

Looks on paper to be a risky signing. Will Be surprised to see this work based on his track record. Unlikely to be any better than Ford, Bakare, Isiaka and Komolofe. 

Maybe he will be better. It’s not a high bar. Our first German player?

14 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

This is just exactly what was said after we signed all the other useless c***s - I think we’re just all sick fed up of this new fascination Dick and Ian seem to have with signing these woeful hybrid players. They all seem to be strikers and attacking players which makes it all the more infuriating.

We had nowhere near this level of negativity last summer, and we were in favour of giving people a chance.  I mean, I love to doomsday as much as the next lichtie, and I have my own concerns about the management, but jesus, lets at least give people a chance to show what they can do before we scrap heap them?

8 minutes ago, ExiledLichtie said:

We had nowhere near this level of negativity last summer, and we were in favour of giving people a chance.  I mean, I love to doomsday as much as the next lichtie, and I have my own concerns about the management, but jesus, lets at least give people a chance to show what they can do before we scrap heap them?

If you cannot figure out why people are less likely to give these sort of punts a chance now than they were last summer then you are beyond help.

23 minutes ago, ExiledLichtie said:

So tell us what we have to be excited about please. We’ve seen his stats and seen him play in person. 

39 minutes ago, ExiledLichtie said:

Yeah that’s what I meant, we are now all fed up 

1 hour ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Positives are he’s played some games in English L2….. but that’s scraping the barrel. I really hope this greeting comes back and bites me on the arse big time but I’ve a feeling it won’t.

Fosu was decent for me, probably a half decent L1 player and he was fine… but the 5 or 6 other ones we’ve had who’ve been plucked from f**k knows where have been so terrible. They wouldn’t have even been half decent players for us in L2, so why are we continuing to do this. I really cannot be arsed - seems to be a similar feeling going by the reaction on social media and that’s new 

Fosu was Shite at L1, didn’t get a game after Robertson got booted. It just seems to me that Arbroath has lost the plot and are looking at an obscure market none of us is familiar with. I think it’s pish that you are finding it hard to recruit from the PT market you just aren’t bothering to.

Edited by The Gable Endie