The Arbroath Thread

It very much depends on when Hamilton is back (unless I have missed something, I haven't seen a rough time/date when he is returning) if he was joining in full training shortly I am not sure we would need an out and out left back.

We absolutely need another defender in of some sort, Stewart and Gold are ok to cover for the odd game but if two of the back are injured or have a loss of form we are up shit creek. 

Whether we haven't managed to attract someone or we are waiting on a loan who knows, it surely cant be the case that the manager is ignoring it altogether. We have plenty players in midfield and attack to pick from so its baffling that we still have only 3 real recognised defenders that are fit and available.

With hammy still no date set and potential setback that could yet happen. We should be signing a left back. This possibly could be little’s last year so sign a left back and next season hammy moves into cb and we have a left back that can slot straight in. 

honestly baffles and really frustrates me that we haven’t done anything about this in 5 months. We are a championship side playing right sided midfield at left back persistently and who is so right footed it’s ridiculous 

3 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

I notice we still haven’t signed a LB. Which is frustrating 

I guess it’s not happening anytime soon which is almost unbelievable, especially considering the tripe we’ve been spoon fed over the last few months re not “making the same mistakes again, lessons learned, not relying on loans” blah blah blah.

For one, we’d better be relying on loans as if we’re not then how exactly are we going to address the glaring defensive and midfield frailties?

Trying not to allow myself to get too annoyed or stressed by it all as we’re only one game in and it may come good, but the way things are looking we may have an even worse start to the season than last year with the first month a write off. Now if that comes to pass how can anyone possibly defend the management?

As I said, we’re only one game in and we may go on a nice little winning streak. Not convinced we will though.

5 hours ago, afc_36_0 said:

They’ve only had about 5 months, give management a chance

4 hours ago, Hammerafc said:

We absolutely need a proper left back. Hammy will take time to get up to speed and he's also cover for the centre which may arguably be his best position going forward. 

Absolutely, the not signing any defensive cover, now looks like an act of self harm, it’s insanity 

1 hour ago, Tattie36 said:

I guess it’s not happening anytime soon which is almost unbelievable, especially considering the tripe we’ve been spoon fed over the last few months re not “making the same mistakes again, lessons learned, not relying on loans” blah blah blah.

For one, we’d better be relying on loans as if we’re not then how exactly are we going to address the glaring defensive and midfield frailties?

Trying not to allow myself to get too annoyed or stressed by it all as we’re only one game in and it may come good, but the way things are looking we may have an even worse start to the season than last year with the first month a write off. Now if that comes to pass how can anyone possibly defend the management?

As I said, we’re only one game in and we may go on a nice little winning streak. Not convinced we will though.

The 20 man match day squad has diluted the loan pool, you just have to look at the abject quality of last season’s loans, to see that

13 minutes ago, ecto said:

The 20 man match day squad has diluted the loan pool, you just have to look at the abject quality of last season’s loans, to see that

Yep. Which makes our current situation even worse. I’ve said all along that I would rather have 0 loans and rely solely on a squad of 21/22 signed players.

In an ideal world that would lead to a strong squad of signings on decent length contracts and would get rid of the bi-annual merry go round of crap player Russian roulette.

We may get lucky.

3 minutes ago, Tattie36 said:

Yep. Which makes our current situation even worse. I’ve said all along that I would rather have 0 loans and rely solely on a squad of 21/22 signed players.

In an ideal world that would lead to a strong squad of signings on decent length contracts and would get rid of the bi-annual merry go round of crap player Russian roulette.

We may get lucky.

The club is awash with money, apparently, so we should looking to have a no-loan squad, but, we need to talk about Scott Allan, just cannot see a route, where he plays games

58 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Quite surprised Arbroath haven't made an offer to loan Kieran Ngwenya given he'd meet what you need. By no means a world beater, but he featured plenty for us last season. 

Ask and you shall receive…

2 hours ago, ecto said:

The club is awash with money, apparently, so we should looking to have a no-loan squad, but, we need to talk about Scott Allan, just cannot see a route, where he plays games

Injuries, suspensions, tactical changes? Hell, just giving him a chance?  He's had one start this season as far as I can recall (?), where he looked absolutely fine.  

13 minutes ago, ExiledLichtie said:

Injuries, suspensions, tactical changes? Hell, just giving him a chance?  He's had one start this season as far as I can recall (?), where he looked absolutely fine.  

Sorry, total waste of a wage, his best position is in the number 10, cannot play centre mid, hasn’t got a tackle in him, won’t start ahead of MacKenna or McIntosh, this isn’t his first season, to be foolish enough to think he has done anything to deserve a place in the 11, would be better getting him off the wage bill, instead of sitting on the bench, then using the money to entice a loan signing, who would help the side, and by the way, he can take Jacobs with him

2 hours ago, R.R.FC said:

Ask and you shall receive…

Maybe Campbell has been reading this page and got the idea for signing him,

I honestly think he reads it half the other time just to do the absolute opposite to piss everyone off, from signing the likes off Corfe, Jacobs and so on to playing everyone on the left over Linn to playing Scotty Stewart LB, 

Hopefully get him.

Would still be able to train with Aberdeen team and would only have to travel for training and matches. Get Jack Milne while we’re at it. 

Also Stewart to start right wing when this happens hopefully. Just a solid right sided player and would add more grit and physicality in midfield where we’re so lightweight. 

13 minutes ago, Smokerson said:

It seems like Partick are wanting him so I would imagine he will go somewhere like that

He's just had a year of being a bit part player behind a left back who isn't as good as Harry Milne who just signed a new contract. If he goes to Arbroath, he's at least going to be starting for the foreseeable.