The Arbroath Thread

With Lyon that's 10 out and 10 in.  Plus we had 4 loans departing, so still room for... a left sided defender.  Like everyone else in the lower leagues we always have loanees and it would be odd if we have none this season.  Mind, you, I'm glad they can be the icing on the cake (or not) and we won't be depending on them too much.

Edited by TheRoundO

17 hours ago, ExiledLichtie said:

Lot of interest in this cup that nobody cares about...

780 people there on Saturday, our home gate about 1600, would suggest approximately half the fanbase care about it to some extent 

16 hours ago, TheRoundO said:

With Lyon that's 10 out and 10 in.  Plus we had 4 loans departing, so still room for... a left sided defender.  Like everyone else in the lower leagues we always have loanees and it would be odd if we have none this season.  Mind, you, I'm glad they can be the icing on the cake (or not) and we won't be depending on them too much.

Looking around youth teams and guys on fringes and can’t see too many potential left backs. Heard we were after one from down south on loan after missing out on MacDonald and Ngwenya but that’s obviously fell through due to that window now being shut. 

Would hope we could pull someone decent from somewhere 

Edited by 1320Lichtie

It's been stated on here a few times that the loan market is not quite what it was, partly due to B teams, SPL teams having more players on the bench, and them running with lighter squads.  Its also the fact we are only one level below them, so they would have to be really really good to jump into a championship team and play every week..

Noticed Scott Allan benched in his third game for Larne after 2 starts and only brought on as a 92nd minute sub last night. In his previous match he was taken off and the guy that replaced him scored the winner. 

Potentially will spend most of the season sitting on his arse over there too

56 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Noticed Scott Allan benched in his third game for Larne after 2 starts and only brought on as a 92nd minute sub last night. In his previous match he was taken off and the guy that replaced him scored the winner. 

Potentially will spend most of the season sitting on his arse over there too

Saw that tae. His overall contribution makes him an easy boy to drop. 

18 minutes ago, JoseMarooniho said:

Saw that tae. His overall contribution makes him an easy boy to drop. 

I dunno, I’m sure the Larne manager just doesn’t want to play good football!!!

It'll be interesting to see what happens and I do hope he does well but there’s a lot missing there as things stand - will keep a wee eye out on it