The Arbroath Thread

Happy enough with that - untested at this level but a natural goalscorer so here’s hoping.

The club really need to stop with this countdown to an announcement nonsense though as the speculation just goes OTT - we had Nouble, Hylton, Linn, May all mentioned. Just announce it at 11:00 ffs without the buildup.

1 minute ago, Tattie36 said:

Happy enough with that - untested at this level but a natural goalscorer so here’s hoping.

The club really need to stop with this countdown to an announcement nonsense though as the speculation just goes OTT - we had Nouble, Hylton, Linn, May all mentioned. Just announce it at 11:00 ffs without the buildup.

I enjoy the wee countdowns personally - gives it a wee bit of a build up and something for you to keep an eye on through your day

Signing announcement absolutely littered with basic errors. Really basic stuff that we wouldn't have happened last season..... Personally I find it frustrating we've replaced a volunteer with a paid media team who are quite clearly lacking the basics in several areas....

I'll always stand up for volunteers making mistakes, but paying people to f**k up the absolute basics doesn't sit well with me....

Edited by SimonLichtie

1 hour ago, Eklektik712 said:

Signing announcements for loans are dictated by the parent club. They're letting us know as early as they can. I quite like the teasers... gets the group chats going with speculation 🤣

They are not. It's usually coordinated between clubs but usually the signing club is the one who picks a time.

That was certainly the case when we got Luke Strachan from Dundee last season.

41 minutes ago, LeodhasXD said:

They are not. It's usually coordinated between clubs but usually the signing club is the one who picks a time.

That was certainly the case when we got Luke Strachan from Dundee last season.

It was also the case for ourselves when we sold joao balde to East Kilbride, which saw us announce it before the agreed time and quickly have to delete the post. 🙄. It blows my mind that a paid employee in charge of social media is unable to schedule a post properly. Frustrating...

7 minutes ago, SimonLichtie said:

It was also the case for ourselves when we sold joao balde to East Kilbride, which saw us announce it before the agreed time and quickly have to delete the post. 🙄. It blows my mind that a paid employee in charge of social media is unable to schedule a post properly. Frustrating...

I missed the errors although I have accidentally scheduled things for the wrong time before but never something embargoed. It can happen.

2 hours ago, SimonLichtie said:

Signing announcement absolutely littered with basic errors. Really basic stuff that we wouldn't have happened last season..... Personally I find it frustrating we've replaced a volunteer with a paid media team who are quite clearly lacking the basics in several areas....

I'll always stand up for volunteers making mistakes, but paying people to f**k up the absolute basics doesn't sit well with me....

Well said Simon

Good signing and one we need. Jim obviously likes playing with wingers and we’ve lacked that so hope fully now with people coming back we can use Stewart Stowe mcintosh Dow Reilly Murray wide  then McKenna bird mcintosh Robinson centrally and gives us variations and depth in these areas. Think with McKenna and Robinson they could play slightly deeper off the striker so 442/4231 

4 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

I enjoy the wee countdowns personally - gives it a wee bit of a build up and something for you to keep an eye on through your day

Me too! When you look across the Prem & Championship and even the Lower leagues now, pretty much every other team does it🇱🇻

4 hours ago, SimonLichtie said:

Think this is a bit harsh in my opinion. The new media team has only been in place for what seems to be a week and a half going with the volunteer stepping down post. Think the new guys should get some time to settle in. The WhatsApp group is cracking, think one mistake in an announcement can be forgiven🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻

I find it hard to be too critical of the post because I’m finding the new WhatsApp thing very very very good and all you can ask for and they’ve obviously put a bit of effort into it but yeah need to double check and get things right before they post 

On the actual player himself - on paper he’s a cracking signing - I wish we’d managed to have just kept Hylton though. He was different class, hoping Reilly can have same impact 

Just now, 1320Lichtie said:

I find it hard to be too critical of the post because I’m finding the new WhatsApp thing very very very good and all you can ask for and they’ve obviously put a bit of effort into it but yeah need to double check and get things right before they post 

On the actual player himself - on paper he’s a cracking signing - I wish we’d managed to have just kept Hylton though. He was different class, hoping Reilly can have same impact 

Totally agree! I personally think it's best to give them time to get stuck in. The new graphics, posts and whatsapps are a positive step forward so I don't think one post with a mistake warrants us attacking them! Let's see what else they do!

3 hours ago, SimonLichtie said:

Am I really seeing a grown man cry about the running of the social media team, when said team has only been in place for what, a few weeks? Mistakes happen. I'm sure in your job you've made some basic mistakes from time to time. Yes, they are getting paid, but they also have a myriad of other responsibilities at the club, as well as paid jobs elsewhere, considering this is only a part-time gig, I assume. Cut them some slack, they seem to be doing a pretty great job keeping things going. It's great seeing clubs across the country improve their social presence, and this new team needs a bit of time and patience to get it right. The odd mistake won't bother this grown adult, give your head a wobble.

Edited by DoratheFootballExplorer

Christ, gie them a break. Surely a couple of Facebook pics is the least of our worries. 

We've signed what looks like a cracking player, have boys coming back from injury and getting fitter. I've a feeling we'll do well tomorrow, curious if Reilly will start or if he'll be eased in. 

Spoke to a few Dundee fans today who think very highly of Reilly. One lad said he’s been a bit unlucky with injuries but when he’s been introduced off the bench he’s made a positive impact. Been told he he’s capable of both scoring and creating goals. All very positive stuff.