The Arbroath Thread

Just now, Fitbafan36 said:

Still in disbelief this is the same team. We were so good that day. Played them off the park. Slater and Dow had moments that prime Iniesta and Xavi would’ve been proud of. Maybe the nostalgia is getting to me there. Actually think that’s where it started to unravel. All 11 starters were class and worked well together - Steele and Tam CB were solid and Norey was great at RB but Dick changed the team the following week and we were poor against ICT and it’s been downhill since 

That was (and still is) the best I’ve seen us play in a while. We were moving that ball about like that 2012 Spain team. That Tam goal was an absolute rocket as well and Hylton was playing like a young Ronaldo

McIntyre is merely a symptom of a deeper malaise but he absolutely has to go.

The level of player he's brought to the club has generally been abysmal and he's lost the backing of players who have performed at this level for us.

I sincerely hope your board bin McIntyre tonight , he should never have worked again as a football manager after his time at Dundee and Cove , he was a mad choice in the first place , your only hope of bouncing back up is if you punt him now , we got slagged for warning you about him but he really is a useless chunt 

I expected more from Abroath tonight.  Obviously they're bottom for a reason, but they took the lead against us a couple of weeks ago, had a bit of a rally against Dunfermline and while the odds of staying up have been against them for some time being in do-or-die territory can spur a team on.  When I say I expected more, I don't really mean I expected them to play really good fooball, but to come out and really have a go at us.  I only saw the second half and the first few minutes of the first, but wherever the kitchen sink was it certainly wasn't being thrown at Airdrie.  One shot at goal every thirty minutes is really poor when the situation is so desperate.  At least go down swinging.

11 minutes ago, Tattie36 said:

McKenna needs to step away from his phone/laptop.

Was thinking the same had a quick look at some comments on FB their clearly no a happy bunny.

Edited by mo83

Just now, ExiledLichtie said:

If that's actual McKenna posting that, then McIntyre is toast.

I like Mikey - but it's absolutely indefensible for a player to post on social media like he has done. Really, really poor stuff.

1 minute ago, SimonLichtie said:

I like Mikey - but it's absolutely indefensible for a player to post on social media like he has done. Really, really poor stuff.

Agreed...however, that situation should 1) never have happened, and 2) been totally dealt with either half time or full time.  McKenna feeling free to post something like that tells me that McIntyre has lost control.   Would he have felt free to post that under our previous manager?  Absolutely not.

Edited by ExiledLichtie

Astonishingly ill judged. I thought it was a spam account at first but it’s not.

Just now, ExiledLichtie said:

Agreed...however, that situation should 1) never have happened, and 2) been totally dealt with either half time or full time.  McKenna feeling free to post something like that tells me that McIntyre has lost control.   Would he have felt free to post that under our previous manager?  Absolutely not.

He’d have been paraded round the town by the bollocks if he’d posted that under DC. Jim lost control of players completely now and wouldn’t be surprised if more like this starts happening. 

3 minutes ago, SimonLichtie said:

He’ll be getting a PM off the club, happy to discuss.

Basically thrown Leighton right under that X7