The Arbroath Thread

You could see the players asking who was playing on the left, so unbalanced and Airdrie had a free player out wide every time, It was a mess, everything looks desperate, 

I'd be very amazed if he survives this, he can't be trusted to take us into next season 

Actually thought we played ok tonight and kept ourselves in the game for 70 mins, then mcintyre changed it and we had stowe (a left midfielder) at right midfield, stewart (a right midfielder who was playing well there) at centre mid and gold ( a centre mid) at left mid and unsurprisingly things fell apart.

We cannot start next season with mcintyre in charge, all for backing a manager for as long as possible but it seems other fans were right about him and he doesn’t have a clue.

Edited by afc_36_0

1 minute ago, lichtiemike said:

We would be 12 adrift with 12 to play for so no, not mathematically. 

With a GD 35 worse than ICT I think we can say it’s statistically if not mathematically certain. 

1 minute ago, lichtiemike said:

I would love a period of stability but McIntyre isn’t the one. 

The one thing that is worrying me is how the players feel about him - I would absolutely hate for us to lose out on getting some of our (the handful that have been discussed to death) players to re sign because they don’t enjoy it under McIntyre. McKenna seems seriously pissed off right now it doesn’t bode well. 

I would like to see if David Gold fancied it - the soundest guy going who everyone would get behind. I am not sure he’d be in that place yet though. 

For me it’s not even about tonight or the last week or two I could barely be arsed with it I’ve been resigned to relegation since Inverness scored that 94th minute equaliser but it’s all about next season. I cannot bare the idea of a 3rd season in a row of misery and negativity - board have got to make a decision, they’ve got to get it right and stick with it and they need to figure out the way forward as soon as possible 

1 minute ago, 1320Lichtie said:

The one thing that is worrying me is how the players feel about him - I would absolutely hate for us to lose out on getting some of our (the handful that have been discussed to death) players to re sign because they don’t enjoy it under McIntyre. McKenna seems seriously pissed off right now it doesn’t bode well. 

I would like to see if David Gold fancied it - the soundest guy going who everyone would get behind. I am not sure he’d be in that place yet though. 

For me it’s not even about tonight or the last week or two I could barely be arsed with it I’ve been resigned to relegation since Inverness scored that 94th minute equaliser but it’s all about next season. I cannot bare the idea of a 3rd season in a row of misery and negativity - board have got to make a decision, they’ve got to get it right and stick with it and they need to figure out the way forward as soon as possible 

Mckenna and bird i’m worried about. Bird can’t catch a break under mcintyre he’s our best attacker by a mile and is resigned to 20 minutes maximum per game now. He comes on tonight and scores, if this doesn’t teach mcintyre a lesson then I’m not sure what will

8 minutes ago, cb_diamond said:

FTFY

Indeed. We will get continuous posts from Falkirk on how big their crowds are and the size of their massive travelling support in comparison to other clubs. Had to laugh on Sunday as Dinosaur 🦕 McGlynn has fallen into that patter too - one of the first things he said after their 7-1 trouncing of Montrose was how big their away support will be next season! 🙄 Well no shit McGlynn tell us something new for a change. 🤮

Edited by Diamonds Are Red

Only about 850 home fans there tonight is a massive sign to the board surely. Hopefully they peddle McIntyre after Ayr away and begin to plan for next season accordingly, this can’t continue. 

3 minutes ago, glasgowlichtie23 said:

Since we beat Partick 3-0 at their bit, we’ve won 2 games in the league. 

Still in disbelief this is the same team. We were so good that day. Played them off the park. Slater and Dow had moments that prime Iniesta and Xavi would’ve been proud of. Maybe the nostalgia is getting to me there. Actually think that’s where it started to unravel. All 11 starters were class and worked well together - Steele and Tam CB were solid and Norey was great at RB but Dick changed the team the following week and we were poor against ICT and it’s been downhill since 

Time for a change,Jim came in to try and rescue us from Dick s shambles of recruitment/play,but sorry not working.Give it to Gold,or bring in Keith Gibson,Gavin Swankie or Bobby linn get the fans onside,cause Jim has no connection with the fans,never even came into hospitality on Saturday before or after the game.