The Arbroath Thread

5 minutes ago, ecto said:

Agree with this, but Airdrie still have much to play for

Yeah I know and fair point - but not sure it will change anything really 

Maybe a bit out of line announcing it but it’s given everyone a wee boost here so I’m no arsed and all for it 

Just now, ExiledLichtie said:

I think it’s just doing things the right way.  When I've moved on to a new job, I've always tried to tell my management face to face before they heard it from anyone else.  It’s just professionalism.  You don't want them to hear it from the rumour mill so your boss feels like they are the last to know.

Pretty positive the management etc at Airdrie all knew and people at the club knew Arbroath have done an interview and everything with him - I am sure it’s just the Airdrie fans who didn’t know it was officially done 

Our goodwill is being eroded and “what we’re all about” getting re-adjusted in other eyes.

Lets be honest “our story” was pedalled for all it’s worth a couple of years ago.

Hope the senior board is paying attention here and not glibly hiding behind our “we are part time veneer so it’s aw right”…..this shows a distinct lack of class and I am sure Calum is a bit unhappy at this having been a major part of Airdries story.

Misscommunication…aye right …Our Board needs to be mindful of blowing everything that everyone has worked so hard to achieve.

apologies for the rant but FFs can we no even get this bit of good news right. 

Makes us look exactly what we don’t want to look like or what the board maybe think we are not…amateur.

31 minutes ago, Blawin a Hoolie said:

Our goodwill is being eroded and “what we’re all about” getting re-adjusted in other eyes.

Lets be honest “our story” was pedalled for all it’s worth a couple of years ago.

Hope the senior board is paying attention here and not glibly hiding behind our “we are part time veneer so it’s aw right”…..this shows a distinct lack of class and I am sure Calum is a bit unhappy at this having been a major part of Airdries story.

Misscommunication…aye right …Our Board needs to be mindful of blowing everything that everyone has worked so hard to achieve.

apologies for the rant but FFs can we no even get this bit of good news right. 

Makes us look exactly what we don’t want to look like or what the board maybe think we are not…amateur.

We used to have well meaning amateurs doing a professional job at Arbroath, we now appear to have professionals doing an amateur job

Just now, Housecaptain said:

For a Club that has always been held in high esteem for its honesty and fairness it does not auger well that we are now involved in alledged impropriety. 

Steady on, there's no impropriety even suggested here!   We just jumped the gun a bit on announcing a signing.

2 minutes ago, Housecaptain said:

For a Club that has always been held in high esteem for its honesty and fairness it does not augur well that we are now involved in alledged impropriety. 

Easy tiger

Just now, 1320Lichtie said:

Heard tonight went quite well - sent a lot of decent updates 

Sure someone will expand on it but glad to hear 

Everyone probably had to sign an NDA on arrival 

21 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Heard tonight went quite well - sent a lot of decent updates 

Sure someone will expand on it but glad to hear 

It would be nice to hear some feedback back for folk who couldn't make it for what ever reason,

Obviously there will be things that can't be mentioned but it was an open meeting so can't imagine anything top secret was talked about

It was asked that not much info was shared on social media etc.

What I will say is that the manager and board answered absolutely everything thrown at them. 

has my opinion changed on McIntyre? Not really. But he’s here so need to get behind hi. 

30 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

It was asked that not much info was shared on social media etc.

What I will say is that the manager and board answered absolutely everything thrown at them. 

has my opinion changed on McIntyre? Not really. But he’s here so need to get behind hi. 

They have a bit of a cheek telling folk not to post things on social media after the Gallagher announcement 😅😅

Not going to go into too much detail but quite glad i went through tonight. Packed room which was good to see.

Manager, board and other members asked the questions thrown at them and some very insightful stuff.

Good to hear that we have ditched the hybrid model that Dick brought in and are purely aiming to bring the best part time players to the club.

Slater confirmed as signed so at thats 11 signed for next season so far. Certainly knows what he is looking to build next season. Back to basics on the squad. Not signing players to play roles they are not used to (Midfielders having to play at LB etc) and looking to play the 4-4-2 football he likes. Also 

Commercial side was good. Not giving details as things still going on in the background. But positive news.

Social Media team cleared some stuff up. Good reasons for certain things that have happened.

2 minutes ago, RedLichtie86 said:

Not going to go into too much detail but quite glad i went through tonight. Packed room which was good to see.

Manager, board and other members asked the questions thrown at them and some very insightful stuff.

Good to hear that we have ditched the hybrid model that Dick brought in and are purely aiming to bring the best part time players to the club.

Slater confirmed as signed so at thats 11 signed for next season so far. Certainly knows what he is looking to build next season. Back to basics on the squad. Not signing players to play roles they are not used to (Midfielders having to play at LB etc) and looking to play the 4-4-2 football he likes. Also 

Commercial side was good. Not giving details as things still going on in the background. But positive news.

Social Media team cleared some stuff up. Good reasons for certain things that have happened.

Was ToB there or mentioned 

Just now, ExiledLichtie said:

Ali Adams or McKenna discussed?

No one asked. Any details on players contracts that are due up or being renewed was not discussed.

That info will be released when ready.

5 minutes ago, lichtiekev said:

Was ToB there or mentioned 

Gold was there. Spoke about the squad and how shite it was with all the injuries. Hurting and eager to do better next season.

Just now, RedLichtie86 said:

Gold was there. Spoke about the squad and how shite it was with all the injuries. Hurting and eager to do better next season.

Would of been nice the club captain to be present in opinion