The Arbroath Thread

So confirmed McIntosh can go if he wants too.

Have to wait and see what he does then.

But 12 players signed. 13 if McIntosh signs. 7 more signings at least

1 minute ago, glasgowlichtie23 said:

They’ve just deleted and reposted

Ah, aye, cheers!

Feels like a bit of a cold way to announce departures tbh, but clarity on the squad is welcome.

Pretty disappointed to see Norey go as he was a good little scrubber who never really had a noticeably bad game for us in the midfield and also put a good shift in at RB on occasion. The rest I’m not really bothered about barring Mckenna, Little, and Gats but that was already known. If we can get Leighton signed up we’ll have a really good foundation for L1 next season. If we can make the right signings (which is the only thing that Mcintyre has impressed me with so far) then I’ll be confident for L1.

Currently our starting lineup is

GK - TBC

RB - Walker

CB - Steele and ToB

LB - Hamilton

RM - Stewart

CM - Slater and Gold

LM - Dow (but we know he will drift inside to AM)

ST - Reilly and Gallagher

A decent starting XI.

Disappointed to see Jess Norey go. Really good young player who was versatile as well. Have the feeling he would have wanted to stay as well 

Not going to comment on players that are leaving…. Or the manager (you’ll all be glad to hear) but the most promising thing for me is that we’re bringing in players who are proven at this level.

No more left-field English 8th tier punts please and thank you.

6 minutes ago, Tattie36 said:

Not going to comment on players that are leaving…. Or the manager (you’ll all be glad to hear) but the most promising thing for me is that we’re bringing in players who are proven at this level.

No more left-field English 8th tier punts please and thank you.

What about a player from the Icelandic league or Uzbekistan?

Reilly is a good signing, happy with that. Think out of those leaving would have kept Lyon, Bird and Norey. Hopefully Leighton stays.

46 minutes ago, RedLichtie86 said:

What about a player from the Icelandic league or Uzbekistan?

I’m still so gutted Komolafe was shite, I thought he had cult player written all over him.

5 minutes ago, ellichtie said:

I’m still so gutted Komolafe was shite, I thought he had cult player written all over him.

Playing in Bangladesh now. Mad.

Very good signing in striker Gavin Reilly good age (30) and in 2 stints at QotS  something like 50+ goals in 150+ games plus experience at Hearts and down south.

I would have kept Jess Norey as well but i am guessing (I think) he is from East London as an ex-West Ham youth player so it would have been only him left in regards the flat sharing AFC players?

I would also have kept on Darren Lyon as well as he also seemed to have decent games in various positions.

Credit where it is due JMc has made decent signings and re-signings up to now and i also hope Leighton McIntosh stays on as well.

Smokies & Wine 36-0.

4 minutes ago, AFC360PUNK1320 said:

Very good signing in striker Gavin Reilly good age (30) and in 2 stints at QotS  something like 50+ goals in 150+ games plus experience at Hearts and down south.

I would have kept Jess Norey as well but i am guessing (I think) he is from East London as an ex-West Ham youth player so it would have been only him left in regards the flat sharing AFC players?

I would also have kept on Darren Lyon as well as he also seemed to have decent games in various positions.

Credit where it is due JMc has made decent signings and re-signings up to now and i also hope Leighton McIntosh stays on as well.

Smokies & Wine 36-0.

Yeah it would be a massive move for Jess, would have to move up here and get a part time job and travel etc. 

I would’ve kept Lyon too but he’s not really got a nailed down position his strongest one is sitting midfielder but not got the standout attributes for that so hoping it means we do go out and get a tough physical central midfielder who is absolutely someone who sits and wins us the ball back etc 

Also again good announcing this early as it looks like going by the early business that we should be a decent team to play for next season which will hopefully continue to attract others here.