The Arbroath Thread

What has pissed me off more than the result about last night is Gaston not getting a start in what looks like his last game at the club. A guy who has been immense for us didn’t get a send off. fucking horrendous man management 

McKenna confirming on Facebook that he’s away. At least he got 20 minutes at the end  

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, ExiledLichtie said:

What on earth are you on about?  

So specific 

But here’s one, John Rankin - won 7 games out of 36 (never had anywhere near the injury problems we’ve had) last season - they got relegated..

71 points this season 

And there were Hamilton fans all over this forum like yourselves foaming at the mouth and wanting him gone 

Went back one season to a team who’d been relegated out of this division to find an answer to your problem  

Edited by 1320Lichtie

9 minutes ago, ExiledLichtie said:

I'd be happy with Whittaker.  Did reasonably well at part time level previously and ambitious.

Whether he'd want to come to us now though is highly doubtful.

I would to tbh, post was more about how you're no getting him. 

Well I'd like to hope not anyway, him and Brown have a pretty good working relationship.

2 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

What has pissed me off more than the result about last night is Gaston not getting a start in what looks like his last game at the club. A guy who has been immense for us didn’t get a send off. fucking horrendous man management 

McKenna confirming on Facebook that he’s away. At least he got 20 minutes at the end  

But remember, Jim McIntyre won't be at the club forever.  So it doesn't matter, we shouldnt focus on Jim, its all about the medium to long term planning....oh look we've lost McKenna, a player who might just have been handy in league 1.  Can't wait to see this one spun.

Just now, ExiledLichtie said:

But remember, Jim McIntyre won't be at the club forever.  So it doesn't matter, we shouldnt focus on Jim, its all about the medium to long term planning....oh look we've lost McKenna, a player who might just have been handy in league 1.  Can't wait to see this one spun.

So we can’t be positive about players re signing and showing faith in the manager like Stewart, Dow, Hamilton and Gold

But when one leaves we all have to throw our arms in the air and banging on about how there is no medium to long term planning 

Hilarious 😂

If McKenna is away to Falkirk it’s clearly too good an opportunity for him to turn down 

15 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

So specific 

But here’s one, John Rankin - won 7 games out of 36 (never had anywhere near the injury problems we’ve had) last season - they got relegated..

71 points this season 

And there were Hamilton fans all over this forum like yourselves foaming at the mouth and wanting him gone 

Went back one season to a team who’d been relegated out of this division to find an answer to your problem  

They won the challenge cup that season.

5 minutes ago, ExiledLichtie said:

They won the challenge cup that season.

😂

So f**k we somehow managed to get to the Quarter Finals. 

They won 7 league games without anywhere near the problems we have had, they had plenty of childish foaming at the mouth fans behaving exactly like yourself calling for him to go and they’ve went and put up 71 points on the board in L1 this season

Give it a fkn rest. Everyone else has managed to say they want him away without turning and making every little thing about the manager if anyone says absolutely anything club related on here. So fkn boring 

22 minutes ago, ExiledLichtie said:

I think it's maybe time for me to take a few months off from here...... it's becoming basically impossible to have any sort of objective discussion about anything relating to the club at all. :blink: 

4 minutes ago, SimonLichtie said:

I think it's maybe time for me to take a few months off from here...... it's becoming basically impossible to have any sort of objective discussion about anything relating to the club at all. :blink: 

Go and do more Archive work you lazy b*****d. I want to read more about half backJohn Tackett 

7 minutes ago, SimonLichtie said:

Aye

And I am not even a fan of the guy

It’s miserable 

23 minutes ago, SimonLichtie said:

Couldn't agree more, this thread is just a seething unreadable mess now

6 minutes ago, Kelheart said:

Look forward to my trips to Arbroath next season 😁🍺

Likewise for Kelty. Never been!!! Never shared a league either and feel like you’ve been in the leagues a long time now!

14 hours ago, Fitbafan36 said:

The manager - as per usual - was straight down the tunnel and gave zero acknowledgement to the fans. The vast majority of who stayed to applaud the team off the park despite paying £22 in the knowledge we’d probably get hammered again. There’s no character there, no inspiration, no appreciation or connection with the fans and no way they can stick with this manager. 

Fair play to the guys who came across at the end and showed their appreciation for the fans and to the fans for sticking with them. If that is to be Ricky Little and Mikey McKenna’s last game for us I hope they felt the gratitude at the end. 

1 hour ago, lichtie23 said:

I take my hat off to the Arbroath fans who not only travelled down last night but also stayed right to the end. By the time the home end was emptying there was still 2 or 3 dozen of them left along with an Arbroath player (possibly McKenna?) signing autographs and shaking hands with pretty much every last one of them. 

13 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

I take my hat off to the Arbroath fans who not only travelled down last night but also stayed right to the end. By the time the home end was emptying there was still 2 or 3 dozen of them left along with an Arbroath player (possibly McKenna?) signing autographs and shaking hands with pretty much every last one of them. 

Hero of a guy 

2 hours ago, Lichtie78 said:

To the people who’ve been wanting McIntyre sacked for a good while - who would you like to see replace him?

Stewart Petrie, still.