The Arbroath Thread

Just now, ecto said:

But surely these awful performances must move the dial, surely to f**k

If the fans just sit back and accept it then nothing will be done….im staggered that Jum can be so dreadful yet somehow there is a silver lining in there.

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Leicesterlichtie said:

Here we go again. Another pumping. Continuous pointless McIntyre talk. Just accept the fact he's here for the summer and at least until October. As much as fans can moan and bitch about him all they want, it doesn't seem as if anything is going to alter the situation any time soon.

Anyway

Thank f**k the seasons over.

Onwards and hopefully upwards. 

Why is it pointless and why should we accept that the situation isn’t going to alter?

Attitudes like this is how clubs plummet like a stone.

Fan power is important. Where would Dunfermline be if they stuck with Peter Grant?

Edited by Tattie36

21 minutes ago, Tattie36 said:

Well I’m sorry but I massively care about watching my club get humiliated week in week out.

An absolutely meaningless game - with a team where half the players will be away - a good Arbroath side would have a hard game away to the second best team in the Championship never mind this one 

McIntyre clearly isn’t going anywhere, games mean f**k all, I’ll see how it goes from here and I am really looking forward to next season 

13 minutes ago, Leicesterlichtie said:

Get a petition up wanting McIntyre punted, that we can all sign and hand it to Mike Caird.

If people held off on season tickets and went game by game instead, I wonder if that would help the board...

1 minute ago, ExiledLichtie said:

If people held off on season tickets and went game by game instead, I wonder if that would help the board...

It would be felt…no doubt be guilt tripped by many that this is hurting the club but its fan action (money let’s be honest) that would make the board wise up 

Waiting until next season in the hope that Jum is some form of messiah is only going to end one way…badly.

4 minutes ago, ExiledLichtie said:

You hold off on that, you sit and cry at home, have you not said yoy don’t go anyway?

I will look forward to next year and see what happens, instead of sitting at home a seething mess all summer 

6 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

An absolutely meaningless game - with a team where half the players will be away - a good Arbroath side would have a hard game away to the second best team in the Championship never mind this one 

McIntyre clearly isn’t going anywhere, games mean f**k all, I’ll see how it goes from here and I am really looking forward to next season 

A very dead rubber for RR but still pumped us for 5 sadly…a new season should bring fresh hope as they always do but no with this guy in charge…happy to be proven wrong as many will also feel but there is zero evidence he can turn it around

Are you still behind the fraud Macintyre? 

As a Cove supporting Carnoustie resident I’m really sad you have gone down. I know it was a kinda forgone conclusion but that washed up nobody isn’t the answer for anyone. Yup harsh but it’s true I’m afraid. 

2 minutes ago, Blawin a Hoolie said:

A very dead rubber for RR but still pumped us for 5 sadly…a new season should bring fresh hope as they always do but no with this guy in charge…happy to be proven wrong as many will also feel but there is zero evidence he can turn it around

They could potentially go up into the premiership - they’ll all be playing for a place in that team - of course they’ve got something to play for 

Either way their team, and every other team, in this league is much superior to ours. 

Arbroath as a part time team have been punching well above our weight - and now we’ve got a poor team who’ve dealt with a ridiculous injury crisis and are now having a hard time of it nobody is taking it very well at all 

5 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

You hold off on that, you sit and cry at home, have you not said yoy don’t go anyway?

I will look forward to next year and see what happens, instead of sitting at home a seething mess all summer 

Maybe they'll dangle some more shiny new signings for you to clap about.  Damn right I'll seethe all summer.  This was an absolutely shameful second half of the season.  

I had a season ticket until this season, but I'll definitely not be getting one next season. Game by game.  No trips to the club shop when I'm up in Arbroath either.  I've already paid up in advance for the other stuff, else that'd be getting stopped until we have a change in manager.

7 minutes ago, ExiledLichtie said:

Maybe they'll dangle some more shiny new signings for you to clap about.  Damn right I'll seethe all summer.  This was an absolutely shameful second half of the season.  

I had a season ticket until this season, but I'll definitely not be getting one next season. Game by game.  No trips to the club shop when I'm up in Arbroath either.  I've already paid up in advance for the other stuff, else that'd be getting stopped until we have a change in manager.

Well enjoy your seething 👍🏻

At this level a manager should be able to set a team up and have a plan of how to play. As the discussion tonight showed I’ve no idea where any of our midfielders and attackers were actually playing and that’s down to the manager and his team. 
Also if he’s left McKenna (undeniably one of our best and most energetic players) on the bench purely because he’s not here next season. The gtf

The manager - as per usual - was straight down the tunnel and gave zero acknowledgement to the fans. The vast majority of who stayed to applaud the team off the park despite paying £22 in the knowledge we’d probably get hammered again. There’s no character there, no inspiration, no appreciation or connection with the fans and no way they can stick with this manager. 

Fair play to the guys who came across at the end and showed their appreciation for the fans and to the fans for sticking with them. If that is to be Ricky Little and Mikey McKenna’s last game for us I hope they felt the gratitude at the end. 

50 minutes ago, Fitbafan36 said:

The manager - as per usual - was straight down the tunnel and gave zero acknowledgement to the fans.

A horrible individual who ripped our club apart. Yeah it was a wee Highland League diddy club but he ripped the soul out of it with his (can’t speculate exactly) nonsense. He was finished then and should be absolutely finished now.

3 years out of the game when he came to us was just a joke. Well our board are fairly gullible so that’s maybe the reason. He will destroy your club into the lower leagues. 

I came on here to discuss the game, even though no-one else seems interested in doing so I'll still give it a go.... I honestly find it more disheartening reading some of the stuff on here than I have watching us in the past few weeks.

I thought Raith were excellent, and showed why they're a top end Championship team this season. Their shape and the way they move the ball was the same as always, you can see the things they spend time on the training park doing in terms of shape in the attacking third and creating space for themselves. As you'd expect we spent the evening a yard off the pace, and once again some really poor individual mistakes in the defence cost us. In terms of player performances, not much to really say, Innes Murray put several good balls into the box in the last 20 minutes and we began to get some space with the game being totally over and Leighton had a very good, self-made, chance around 30 minutes in, as well as Dabrowski pulling off a superb save in the last minute from Goldy. A side from that, as we've seen over the past few months, a side devoid of confidence, structural understanding in the defence and fitness.

A much needed summer break. Personally I think there is more to be positive about next season than negative. I think we've done a lot off the field in the past few months in terms of preparation and squad planning and I'm excited to see further signing announcements in the coming weeks.

I think now the seasons over I'll wait until the club announce who is staying or going and then give my opinion on the individual players this season and then draw a line under it. I don't like to have a go at contracted players, I'd prefer to support them, but when people have left the club I'm more than happy to give my full opinion and there's several people who will probably be officially leaving the club in the coming days whose behaviour, one especially, has been a fucking disgrace this year.

1 hour ago, ExiledLichtie said:

He made a good start, but ironically, his best work was when he was right down to the bare bones.  After he started getting players back, that's when it absolutely went to shit.

He's had a large squad available for months, and its just got worse.  1 win in 21 games.

I have really tried to stay off here until the pre-season but "jeezy-peeps" this is now embarrassing and the AFC Board will have a lot of hard thinking to do starting tonight.

I have always supported the current AFC Board and what they have done for the club over the last 6-7 years on and off the park has been superb and imo they have done about 80-90% of this correctly as there has been a few things i disagreed with but in the main they have done well, but sometimes you have to hold your hands up and say "this decision we made has not worked out like we thought it would and we need a re-think", this happens in any walk of life and in any business so then we change things if they are not working out.

I was at the Q&A with JMc and i went into the meeting with me 75/25 against him but after hearing the AFC Board and JMc i came out the meeting 50/50 with the attitude to given him a chance into next season BUT not thinking the way the remaining games of this season would work out and no sign of passion or leadership from him on the sideline.

I will admit to being impressed with his re-signings and new signing but not getting Gats/Ricky/McKenna back onboard also is a bit disappointing (there maybe reasons from both sides for this) but every other season those players signed back on no problem as we had a close happy group of players.

Another thing which disappointed me tonight by JMc was "IF" this was to be Gats/McKenna/Jacobs/Lyon's final game for the Red Lichties in a game what a few folk are calling a "nothing" game then why not play them all from the start to applaud the travelling Red Lichtie fans as that would at least show a piece of "class" from the AFC Manager rather than playing (in the main) his poor signings and loan players that will not (well hopefully not) be here next season?   

I was really hoping we would finish the season on a high after coming out that Q&A Meeting with a bit of progress and fight and passion and this includes from the Manager but sadly i have not seen this.

I cannot wait to read Simon's take on this (even he would have to come up with a JFK or MLK type speech to convince me lol) and Simon is like Nimmy imo the TOP Red Lichtie fans and supporters i respect so i do always read his posts, some i agree with and some i disagree with which i am sure he does with mine.

Anyway a sad way to finish the season and some great loyal Red Lichtie players who never got the correct send off by us fans which is also sad.

BUT I will still be buying my AFC season ticket next season regardless who the Manager will be because i SUPPORT my home town club which is Arbroath Football Club who are bigger than any person.

Smokies & Wine 36-0.