The Arbroath Thread

43 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Happier thoughts for you lads/lassies.

You should check out the opener from Nicky Low when the Pollok v Clydebank highlights appear, absolutely outrageous goal.  

Though I think his (justified) celebration fired Pollok up to get the quick 1-2 blow.  

He’s some player 

Club are holding an open training session for supporters to attend. I really like this idea and feel it will go a long way to bringing the support who were disinterested/fed up back to the club going into the new season. 

Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

Club are holding an open training session for supporters to attend. I really like this idea and feel it will go a long way to bringing the support who were disinterested/fed up back to the club going into the new season. 

Yes fair play 

Feel like the on the pitch stuff being so bad has maybe made some forget that we are really lucky as a support and have a really good set up with plenty of good c***s involved 

I remember back in the day seeing Sheerins team (may be wrong but I think that’s right) running around the Keptie pond in the pre season. Good to see them come up and be in and around the town for a session

Edited by 1320Lichtie

43 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Yes fair play 

Feel like the on the pitch stuff being so bad has maybe made some forget that we are really lucky as a support and have a really good set up with plenty of good c***s involved 

I remember back in the day seeing Sheerins team (may be wrong but I think that’s right) running around the Keptie pond in the pre season. Good to see them come up and be in and around the town for a session

Sheerin use to have them training at the low common or behind the harbour end terracing in pre season

1 hour ago, lichtie23 said:

Agreed, this is a nice touch.  The last few initiatives from the clubs have been a nice bit of damage control.  Good work!

Must admit i had to google PKS arena to see where it was....basically the High School grounds. 5 mins away from me so i'll probably head along and give some coaching tips😀

3 minutes ago, keptie said:

Must admit i had to google PKS arena to see where it was....basically the High School grounds. 5 mins away from me so i'll probably head along and give some coaching tips😀

It’s the Astro at the high school

Jason Thomson retired - a fine right back, brilliant for Arbroath and from everything I’ve heard about him a really good lad and a bit of a madman on a night out. 

Hopefully the club do a post for it 

4 hours ago, keptie said:

Aye it’s up Keptie way, apparently 

7 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

Club are holding an open training session for supporters to attend.

That sounds like a plan.....

Sadly at my advanced years, expanding girth and chronic alcohol addiction, I don't feel like I'd do myself justice these days......😔

24 minutes ago, DUAFC said:

That sounds like a plan.....

Sadly at my advanced years, expanding girth and chronic alcohol addiction, I don't feel like I'd do myself justice these days......😔

You never know.  If Deri Corfe could get a contract, there's hope for you yet...

Posted (edited)
43 minutes ago, ExiledLichtie said:

You never know.  If Deri Corfe could get a contract, there's hope for you yet...

IMG_5039.jpegCracking the goals in down under. Very few games????

Edited by TheRoundO

14 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Jason Thomson retired - a fine right back, brilliant for Arbroath and from everything I’ve heard about him a really good lad and a bit of a madman on a night out. 

Hopefully the club do a post for it 

Brilliant defender for us. Our defence was our strength when Thommo was in it and never the same after he left. 

9 minutes ago, ExiledLichtie said:

Hibs there, sacking their manager they appointed in the autumn after losing a meaningless end of season dead rubber game 4-0...

Would you please quit your greetin before your salty tears raise the sea levels even more. Your constant mumping is boring beyond f**k.

1 hour ago, ExiledLichtie said:

Hibs there, sacking their manager they appointed in the autumn after losing a meaningless end of season dead rubber game 4-0...

Hibs, the notoriously well run football club.

1 hour ago, ExiledLichtie said:

They are a very badly run club. Their supporters would agree

Posted (edited)

Hibs are on to their 9th manager since we appointed Dick. 

1 hour ago, RedLichtie86 said:

Would you please quit your greetin before your salty tears raise the sea levels even more. Your constant mumping is boring beyond f**k.

Retweet. 

Edited by 1320Lichtie