The Arbroath Thread

Tough game to start with the L2 champs coming up and with us coming down - Montrose at home on second day too - starting season with a bang anyway… 

Also fixtures don’t seem anywhere near as daunting this year now we’ve dropped a league 

Edited by 1320Lichtie

4 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Aye, we thought that too when we came down :lol:

It's a trap.

Just more of a relief tbh and I’m not underestimating it this season I’ve just said we’ve got a really tough start.

It will be a big miss not having all the big games and the Dundee Uniteds etc but when you looked at the fixture list at the start of the season there were genuinely periods of time you’d look at and wonder where the points if even a point were going to come from.

It was more of a stressful experience and I think this year especially the Championship looks extremely tough.

On the contrary quite enjoyed getting started on planning days out and looking at the fixtures this time round. 

Edited by 1320Lichtie

On 26/06/2024 at 12:54, 1320Lichtie said:

I didn’t know Gaston chose to leave to be quite honest with you. Gaston a brilliant player for us over the years but in the cold light of day I don’t think we’re any worse off (or better yet cause only seen Hemfrey a few times) with Hemfrey there and like I said I think his potential ceiling is really really high given his age and game time thus far I think he could kick on big time with games.

Centre of park is massive for me, really hope we get someone in to play that defensive midfielder role. Another winger too for the left hand side and couple of strikers to give us options up there.

Atleast we don’t have to worry about Jim McIntyre signing his son to play upfront for us 😂

Simon maybe should have gave the reason Gatson chose to leave the Red Lichties.

He was offered a new contract but to be the "back up" Goalkeeper at the club and obviously at his age and with all the travelling etc he chose to move onto a club nearer his home plus to be seen as the number 1 Goalkeeper at his new club (obviously told there would be a number 2 back up keeper fighting for his position).

I would have been confident keeping Gatson as our no 1 Goalkeeper especially dropping down a league where the pace should be slower and the quality of forwards not as good as in the Championship. 

But the new Goalkeeper seems to be a decent signing.

12 hours ago, timlichtie said:

Beith is a great wee club. West of Scotland Champs last 2 seasons. Some very decent players. Ricky will fit right in. I’m pleased for him.

Chuffed for Ricky signing for them and hopefully a nice wee boozer near the ground for his Dad and Uncle to visit.

Great servant for the Red Lichties and surely the next AFC Hall of Famer after Bobby Linn next season.

In a way i am happy he has not signed for another SPFL club (especially East Fife). 

Yeah always good to see club making an effort with supporters - can tell they’re really trying and they always have really tried too, obviously been one or two things that people have not been happy about but it’s impossible to be perfect and the effort has always been there. I wouldn’t have any complaints in regard to absolutely anything now I think we are really well run. 

It is what pissed me off the most when people were taking sides against the club - we are incredibly lucky to have good people involved at the club  who are genuinely making so much effort in every department to do what’s best for it and us as fans.

Will be good to see what develops from this and how it all pans out.

Finding myself extremely nervous and cautious ahead of the first pre season game tomorrow. I just hope we have a much more fortunate season when it comes to injuries this year, last season has taken its toll on me.

I have a wedding to attend so I’ll miss it, not overly arsed as pre season games are a chore, but I hope everyone comes through unscathed and can start building up their fitness for the start of the season 

I imagine there’ll be a handful of trialists, one which will no doubt be young Spalding 

1 hour ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Finding myself extremely nervous and cautious ahead of the first pre season game tomorrow. I just hope we have a much more fortunate season when it comes to injuries this year, last season has taken its toll on me.

I have a wedding to attend so I’ll miss it, not overly arsed as pre season games are a chore, but I hope everyone comes through unscathed and can start building up their fitness for the start of the season 

I imagine there’ll be a handful of trialists, one which will no doubt be young Spalding 

Few boys unavailable tomorrow so it will be a small squad I’d imagine. Goldy is in America currently 

21 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

I got mine from the office mate. So much easier 

No help

8 minutes ago, Housecaptain said:

I managed to get my Season ticket online and I am not a computer guru.

i canna download the app