The Arbroath Thread

10 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

The difference when we’ve got our 2 strikers playing was obvious to see . They 2 are the reason we will be top half. 

So long as we aren't reliant on those two getting all the goals.

20 minutes ago, Leicesterlichtie said:

There good enough to get all the goals tho. Anyone that was there today could see the difference they two lads made when introduced. The movement was night and day from what we’ve seen lately. I believe in these guys and I believe we are going to have a good season 

44 minutes ago, Leicesterlichtie said:

22 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

There good enough to get all the goals tho. Anyone that was there today could see the difference they two lads made when introduced. The movement was night and day from what we’ve seen lately. I believe in these guys and I believe we are going to have a good season 

Absolutely what L23 said. Also them 2 being on the park will let the boys playing in midfield get into spaces in and around the box to score goals. Genuine night and day stuff 

Also will be adding another couple of strikers I imagine

From what I saw today Reilly is the boy we look to hit if we can to hold it in and play off. Gallagher more into channels. Soon as Reilly come in we had the wide men making runs before the ball even got to him because they knew he’d manage to either get the ball out to them himself or lay it off for Spalding / Slater to put the ball into space too 

Off the ball it’s more a 4-4-1-1 and Reilly and Gallagher both look like they want to work their socks off 

Edited by 1320Lichtie

Really scrappy game with one bit of quality winning it,

Really tight pitch and wasn't much football played in first 60 mins, Reilly come on and made the difference,

McAdams, ToB, Spalding played well and though Wilkie done well, Bisland had a tougher time but he gonna be a good signing, Hopefully Watson stays fit, long time since we had a big no nonsense defender, 

Coulson tried to hard at times and needed to release ball sooner, But first game and there is promise there, 

Still need 3 or 4 to come in with the obvious moving on, but pretty impossible with our situation 

Bit more positive for next week but still a lot of Improvement needed

Spalding class, two full backs were good, Reilly played really well when he came on. Not sure where Walker was supposed to be playing, wasn’t surprised to see him come off. McAdams and TOB played a blinder I thought. Positive signs, although Bonnyrigg gave us a good game I thought, they just lacked a wee bit of cutting edge.

A hard fought victory which could have gone either way.

A world class save from McAdams kept us in the first half.

All 3 subs were impressive. Watson was really rallying the defence. Reilly quick and classy with a superb winner. Gallagher has a bit of sharpness to get but is going to be good.

Coulson struggled first half on the right but definitely improved second on the left and could have scored.

A second clean sheet and a goal from open play. Happy days!

Any idea what made the guy in the white top so angry in the first half?!

I was at the other end of the pitch but he seemed to have lost the plot about 30 mins in, seemed a bit excessive for a dead rubber league cup game that was still nil nil! 

11 minutes ago, Sr2004 said:

Any idea what made the guy in the white top so angry in the first half?!

I was at the other end of the pitch but he seemed to have lost the plot about 30 mins in, seemed a bit excessive for a dead rubber league cup game that was still nil nil! 

Honestly…..

This is what it’s been like supporting us - grim 

😂😳😬

I'm happy enough with that, and pleased to get a win before heading into the league season, but as I've said after every game so far, none of them really mean anything when it comes to the league season ahead. Today people saw a glimpse of what we've got coming for the season ahead - the obvious difference between Stowe up top on Tuesday and today first 60 mins and Reilly/ Gallagher is absolutely night and day. It's not just about them getting goals, it's about having focal points that can bring the entire team up the park and bring the ball down and get it out wide also. I know it's been hard to watch us have nothing up top for the last 5.75 games, but they mean nothing going forward, absolutely nothing. Today also, of course, means nothing, as does our good performance on Tuesday. Pre-season is now over, and next week things properly start. A lot of our players missing today should be back next week - Goldy, Callaghan, Scott Stewart and we should have a full bench. Once again, I really do feel there have been far more positives than negatives this month for us - once you add some quality upfront to the excellent structure we've shown behind that in every game bar one where we chased it with 10 men, I think we'll be in a really good place.

The next two months are vital - we all want the team to succeed and that being the case lets get behind them. If things go wrong, Jim McIntyre will leave  and we move on as a football club. It's as simple as that.

1 minute ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Honestly…..

This is what it’s been like supporting us - grim 

😂😳😬

😂😂 hope you have a better season to come and the guy can enjoy his Saturday a bit more!

I hope that win today brings abit more confidence towards the management and playing squad for next weeks game against stenny!

Positives I took fae the game was plenty of speaking throughout the squad today, 

Despite missing goldy, Stewart, dow callaghan, hammy boys who filled there positions put in a great shift,

Another superb performance fae McAdams in the sticks, Ali Spalding like work horse today in the middle, Gavin reilly took his goal superbly a real strikers finish which no seen in a good while, CalGal coming on for some more minutes, Keith watson cool as a cucumber with that experience head which will be vital this within the squad hopefully stays injury free. Bistland another great performance too, Coulson played great at spells can see a player in there, with his skill and shooting ability, few things to work on but still young and hopefully willing to learn

Negative side, watching us play with no striker from start it's a hard watch at times but can't be helped, to be honest jim played it well save the strikers picking up more knocks for more importantly the leage games.

Unfortunately it's pain to say this but think will Mark stowes last start for arbroath I genuinely think there is player in there but majority of the time there isn't Unfortunately, personallya loan deal somewhere else where he can play week out would be beneficial for him atm..

And some fans losing the plot early doors quite embarrassing in my eyes and for the club too...let's try get this sorted out!

Let's get behind the team next week down at stenny and take the game to them! 

Edited by Arbroath36.0!

11 minutes ago, Leicesterlichtie said:

Considering all the shite we've been through and we've just won our first game since the all weather lifeboat has departed, it's either rather quiet in here or everyone is celebrating the win.

Great , really great to get a win. But let’s keep calm. It was Bonnyrig and we sneaked a meaningless game 1-0. I’ll be cracking open the malt if we win our first two league games.

8 hours ago, TheRoundO said:

Great , really great to get a win. But let’s keep calm. It was Bonnyrig and we sneaked a meaningless game 1-0. I’ll be cracking open the malt if we win our first two league games.

I understand this but after 2 years of struggles it’s lovely to get a win which also makes it 2 positive results on the spin. Winning games can become a habit. Onto Stenhousemuir 🇱🇻

10 hours ago, TheRoundO said:

Agree but I don’t even think it was the result that’s made me happy about yesterday 

It is the fact that there are a couple of guys on the park in your team that you’d fancy to score a goal now - it changes everything

Did not think Reilly had that kind of finish in his locker yesterday either. Weak foot edge of the box drilled into the opposite corner from a standing start 

I text my mate this morning saying I think it is going to be hard for anyone not to really like Reilly. He seems like a real mature leader, very confident and assured of himself and never stopped working - looks like a really good professional and team mate first and foremost 

Suspect I will be feeling similar about Gallagher in a months time 

Edited by 1320Lichtie

1 hour ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Agree but I don’t even think it was the result that’s made me happy about yesterday 

It is the fact that there are a couple of guys on the park in your team that you’d fancy to score a goal now - it changes everything

Did not think Reilly had that kind of finish in his locker yesterday either. Weak foot edge of the box drilled into the opposite corner from a standing start 

I text my mate this morning saying I think it is going to be hard for anyone not to really like Reilly. He seems like a real mature leader, very confident and assured of himself and never stopped working - looks like a really good professional and team mate first and foremost 

Suspect I will be feeling similar about Gallagher in a months time 

Reillys time on the pitch yesterday was the most positive thing from the whole cup campaign, 

For some reason I took it as he was just a goalscorer, But his link up play and work rate really impressed me, if we get some more quality in final 3rd him and Gallagher will score plenty,

Really happy to have Watson too and hopefully he can stay fit, 

Be good to have Stewart back available next week and hopefully Dow, Spoke to Gold as he passed and he wasn't hopeful he would be ready next week, Still plenty time for more to happen I'm the next week and time for some to move on and come in

TASC SOCIAL MEDIA MAN OF THE MATCH - RESULT

Congratulations to Ali Spalding on winning the TASC Social Media Man of the Match for his performance in our Lichties 1-0 win over Bonnyrigg Rose yesterday. It’s back to back awards for the midfielder who has certainly impressed the Lichtie support with his performances so far. Thanks to all who voted 🇱🇻

4ac42d18-da69-46bc-8c92-f18852430c70.jpeg