The Arbroath Thread

1 minute ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Well I will pray to the high heavens it doesn’t happen then. Can’t see it though 

You never know but I swear down that's what I was told.Mckinnon tried to jump ship B4 down to England so you never know and him and your CEO are chummy.

Just now, mo83 said:

You never know but I swear down that's what I was told.Mckinnon tried to jump ship B4 down to England so you never know and him and your CEO are chummy.

If Paul Reid goes and gets Ray fkn MacKinnon cause they’re mates. Pitchforks 🤣

Can the people who make the decisions be trusted to get the right manager in the door, 

They thought McIntyre was the right choice when you would probably guess 90% of fan base from ourself and his previous clubs thought he wasn't, then they thought he deserved to carry on into this season when 100% of people thought he shouldn't,

They need to take there time with this and really think about it, If they come away with someone who is there because he is a mate of anyone on the board then I'm afraid that will end really badly, 

Wouldn't honestly be against the likes of Goldy and Hammy having a say in the selection process

10 hours ago, Leicesterlichtie said:

Paul Sheerin had a great assistant. Not saying Hammy couldn't be the same from the touchline.

Let’s not compare Hammy/Gold with Paul Sheerin. Sheerin’s success was based around his own playing ability plus his mates from St Johnstone- Falkingham, Swankie and Doris. Hammy/Gold don’t have that luxury. 

2 minutes ago, TheRoundO said:

Let’s not compare Hammy/Gold with Paul Sheerin. Sheerin’s success was based around his own playing ability plus his mates from St Johnstone- Falkingham, Swankie and Doris. Hammy/Gold don’t have that luxury. 

Pretty sure Sheerin only signing was Falkingham from they 3? McGlashan signed Doris and unsure over Swankie but he’s been here at various times over his career and don’t think you can say it’s mainly because of Sheerin he’s an Arbroath lad

I have no idea of Goldie or Hammys contacts within Scottish football but you’d imagine they’d have a lot. 

Pretty sure Sheerin only signing was Falkingham from they 3? McGlashan signed Doris and unsure over Swankie but he’s been here at various times over his career and don’t think you can say it’s mainly because of Sheerin he’s an Arbroath lad

I have no idea of Goldie or Hammys contacts within Scottish football but you’d imagine they’d have a lot. 

What would we pay for Sheerin and Falkingham in midfield right now?  

1 minute ago, ExiledLichtie said:

He never let us down or put a foot wrong for us, and yet many in our fanbase wanted him chased...

Norey was put up in a house here, we scrapped the hybrid system, end of story 

11 minutes ago, TheRoundO said:

What with Hammy's recent injury problems, it might be the time for him to look to football management. He should have a few contacts from his spells at other clubs and Goldie should have contacts through his academy stuff. Wouldn't be averse to Sheerin with Hammy as assistant 

Norey was put up in a house here, we scrapped the hybrid system, end of story 

Our fans were foaming at the mouth when he was signed.  Another of those trialists from England... Even when he came in and delivered good performances, he was never really accepted.  That's just the facts.  

29 minutes ago, ExiledLichtie said:

Our fans were foaming at the mouth when he was signed.  Another of those trialists from England... Even when he came in and delivered good performances, he was never really accepted.  That's just the facts.  

No it’s absolutely not the case, I remember everyone being really surprisingly impressed by him and thought he done well when he played at RB and in midfield. He got a couple of man of the matches too I am sure. Inverness away definitely one

There were people saying we should keep him (not me I was half arsed over him but I would absolutely take him over Callaghan) too. 

eta - Partick Thistle away in September too. I DMd him on Twitter that day saying fkn brilliant young man 😂

Edited by 1320Lichtie

Arbroath highlights.

11th min. Gold with a shocker of a backpass to Kelty player that McAdams and ToB have to deal with.

14th min. Callaghan weak back pass to Watson who then does a weak tackle. Kelty attack yrt again.

70th min. Callaghan blind pass out wide only for Kelty boy to intercept. 4 Kelty players against 2 Arbroath. Goal for Kelty.

75th min. Throw in on halfway line. Ball thrown in and ToB with a classic blast forward from defence to try and get the ball, misses it and ends up past the halfway line. Wilkie forced to come forward to put pressure on player with ball. He plays it to the player ToB failed to get ball from and it is a simple pass behind Wilkie and Watson for a goal.

3rd goal. Ball on touchline. Gold and Spalding (our 2 CM's) both there. Gold turned and losses man, Spalding dives is passed by. Stewart too far back and not matking anyone then cant get a challenge in. Stowe wandering forward not even thinking about helping out in defence. Huge gap that ToB dives in to help cover but once again misses ball (60% of the time it works everytime) and ends up yards past the play. Watson and Wilkie cant cover the whole defence and they are bypassed with a simple pass and its a goal.

That 3rd goal sums up things. Say what you want but you cannot coach that sort of shite defending. The players need to accept blame for such poor decision making or lack of effort. Gold and Hammy or whomever takes over need to get to grips with this. We cant have another season of suicidal defending, lack of effort and stupid passes.

10 minutes ago, RedLichtie86 said:

Arbroath highlights.

11th min. Gold with a shocker of a backpass to Kelty player that McAdams and ToB have to deal with.

14th min. Callaghan weak back pass to Watson who then does a weak tackle. Kelty attack yrt again.

70th min. Callaghan blind pass out wide only for Kelty boy to intercept. 4 Kelty players against 2 Arbroath. Goal for Kelty.

75th min. Throw in on halfway line. Ball thrown in and ToB with a classic blast forward from defence to try and get the ball, misses it and ends up past the halfway line. Wilkie forced to come forward to put pressure on player with ball. He plays it to the player ToB failed to get ball from and it is a simple pass behind Wilkie and Watson for a goal.

3rd goal. Ball on touchline. Gold and Spalding (our 2 CM's) both there. Gold turned and losses man, Spalding dives is passed by. Stewart too far back and not matking anyone then cant get a challenge in. Stowe wandering forward not even thinking about helping out in defence. Huge gap that ToB dives in to help cover but once again misses ball (60% of the time it works everytime) and ends up yards past the play. Watson and Wilkie cant cover the whole defence and they are bypassed with a simple pass and its a goal.

That 3rd goal sums up things. Say what you want but you cannot coach that sort of shite defending. The players need to accept blame for such poor decision making or lack of effort. Gold and Hammy or whomever takes over need to get to grips with this. We cant have another season of suicidal defending, lack of effort and stupid passes.

After the first goal went in and with how absolutely awful the atmosphere was in and around Gayfield I am willing to write off everything after that. The team absolutely crumbled but I think they knew, we knew and everyone knew that was the end of the road.

Actually heard people on terracing say at 1-0 that they didn’t want us to go and finish the game 1-1 because it would have kept him in the job another couple of weeks 

12 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

After the first goal went in and with how absolutely awful the atmosphere was in and around Gayfield I am willing to write off everything after that. The team absolutely crumbled but I think they knew, we knew and everyone knew that was the end of the road.

Actually heard people on terracing say at 1-0 that they didn’t want us to go and finish the game 1-1 because it would have kept him in the job another couple of weeks 

That is true. But regardless the players need to up their game and cut the nonsense out. Cant be making mistakes like that.

5 minutes ago, RedLichtie86 said:

That is true. But regardless the players need to up their game and cut the nonsense out. Cant be making mistakes like that.

Aye absolutely 

Reaction after it went 1-0 was unbelievably strange and cringeworthy but also completely understandable watching some people absolutely lose their heads. Hard to watch but couldn’t look away stuff only compounded by the fact there was hardly an away crowd

Just empty silence with shouts of abuse and the odd boos reigning in every 10 seconds with the board supposedly already back inside not long after preparing to off him 😂

Literally watching in real time everything hit rock bottom 

42 minutes ago, RedLichtie86 said:

Arbroath highlights.

If he hadn't been punted, you would have been on here saying that the team was in transition, it was too early to judge, and there were positive signs.  And likely would have blamed the fans for creating a negative attitude that was making our players lose their composure.  You know the same things you've spent the last 6 months saying.

1 hour ago, 1320Lichtie said:

No it’s absolutely not the case, I remember everyone being really surprisingly impressed by him and thought he done well when he played at RB and in midfield. He got a couple of man of the matches too I am sure. Inverness away definitely one

There were people saying we should keep him (not me I was half arsed over him but I would absolutely take him over Callaghan) too. 

eta - Partick Thistle away in September too. I DMd him on Twitter that day saying fkn brilliant young man 😂

You know what, you're quite right.  I went and did a search, and he was more positively regarded than I remember, my apologies!