The Arbroath Thread

Segregation is w**k

Yup

Really poor, thankfully I'm in hospitality so will get right in the middle of the stand for shooting towards the pleash end

Atmosphere will be brutal, already is when shooting the other way at the mo games and the mo games have been up to 1400 in recent seasons

Never mind the 7/800 or whatever there'll be Saturday

I'm certain the totally unnecessary segregation arrangements is due entirely to the police copping out as increasingly usual.    they claim crime rates are down but it's because people realise it's pointless reporting them.  They spend most of their time on soft (education, communication) activities rather than real policing.     Given the complete lack of any aggro between Arbroath and Forfar supporters throughout recorded history, this move confirms the polis are just not up for a little bit extra policing but would rather have a metal fence do their job.  I hope that same fence receives the same in-work benefits

Decent shout, Templeman did score against Farfir last week something our strikers have not done all season.

How are they supposed to have scored against Forfar when we've not played them?I presume that's what you mean as Skelly and Hester have both scored in competitive games.

3 minutes ago, Lichtie78 said:

How are they supposed to have scored against Forfar when we've not played them?I presume that's what you mean as Skelly and Hester have both scored in competitive games.

Sorry should have stated our main strikers Doris/Prunty have not scored yet this season but hopefully they will start against Farfir, hope this clears up the misunderstanding.

Sorry should have stated our main strikers Doris/Prunty have not scored yet this season but hopefully they will start against Farfir, hope this clears up the misunderstanding.

Was just being pedantic ;) You'd have Doris and Prunty up top against Forfar?I'd probably go for Doris and Skelly. Looked like they were forming a decent partnership after the Stirling and Clyde games but since then Dick's chopped and changed. It's not really coming off for Prunty at the moment, which is a shame as I thought he'd be a very decent signing.

1 hour ago, victormeldrew said:

How does this segregation nonsense affect entry to the stand? Our legion of coffin Dodgers like a seat,a nice cup of tea and a Flemings pie to sustain us while we hurl abuse at all and sundry. If I don't get a seat I'm no coming!

Can someone from Gayfield with a little inside knowledge not just let us know why????

I imagine the police have said if we don't segregate the game then we'll need to cough up money for extra policing, meaning it's cheaper to segregate.

How much would it cost for a couple of extra polis for 2 hours?

Don't get it, there was already 3 or 4 police at the Cowden game wasn't there?

Also whats the point in having so many stewards? What do they actually do except take plastic bottles off bairns? Now I know it's not in their job description to be stopping fights but surely a few polis which are usually at games anyway and the stewards combined (as well as the fans) could easily deal with any potential bother before it starts at an Arbroath Forfar game?

Just totally shite, losing access to half the ground at your home games 4 games of the season