The Arbroath Thread

On ‎10‎/‎3‎/‎2016 at 19:34, Big lichtie said:

there has been many times this season when bobby linn hasnt got his head up and passed to players who are in better positions than him to score. good players have a strike at goal great players pass to team mates to score its about the team not individuals

Hopefully we have had a few friendlies during the break against junior clubs to get Doris/Punty/Hester scoring goals again giving Gomis some game time.

Repeat again we should be re-signing David Crawford (again not a slant at young Mutch who is a very good keeper and a great prospect but we are going for the league and cannot take a chance on young unproved keepers as they will make mistakes as it s part of his learning curve imo) and move heaven and earth to bring in a big experienced no-nonsense centre half.

We have a quality in the squad that there is no doubt but we do lack a bit of experience and height and "meanness", in fact Jimmy Scott and Colin Hamilton and probably Ricky Little (although not tall he is great in the air) are the only players in the squad who have this.

You look back at any team who have won this league they have had experience/height/strength throughout the squad and quality players and consistent goal scorers.

When we won the league under Sheerin we had this, other central defence was big no-nonsense experienced players plus 2 experienced keepers.

We are not far away but imo the 2 players I have mentioned sooner rather than later as if we lose anymore ground we may be out the race.

Can't believe they've segregated the Forfar game, unbelievable 

On a tough run at the moment and now have 45 minutes of not being able to see the goals we are shooting in properly,  

Absolutely terrible decision and don't see the need for it at all

This is really frustrating, 4 of the 18 games at home you only get a good view for 45 minutes now, thank god Brechin aren't in it

if they want to do this then they need to find some temporary segregation for games against other lower league clubs, fair enough if you lose half the ground to Dundee United or the likes but half the ground to a Forfar away support (usually horrendous) is just a joke, home fans come first and they're ruining the enjoyment of going to these games 

Why can't we sort out some temporary or indeed permanent segregation that would give away fans a quarter of the ground at the Switchie end like we did for Montrose when we won the league? 

1 hour ago, Smokie1878 said:

Can't believe they've segregated the Forfar game, unbelievable 

On a tough run at the moment and now have 45 minutes of not being able to see the goals we are shooting in properly,  

Absolutely terrible decision and don't see the need for it at all

There's absolutely no need for segregation, cannot remember any bother at a Arbroath Forfar game in my time of going.

10 minutes ago, nofixedability said:

There's absolutely no need for segregation, cannot remember any bother at a Arbroath Forfar game in my time of going.

Nope. Sad thing is when we go to Forfar you'll see everyone fans of both standing side by side like always with no bother which will make this decision look even more embarrassing 

8 hours ago, AFC360PUNK1320 said:

Hopefully we have had a few friendlies during the break against junior clubs to get Doris/Punty/Hester scoring goals again giving Gomis some game time.

Repeat again we should be re-signing David Crawford (again not a slant at young Mutch who is a very good keeper and a great prospect but we are going for the league and cannot take a chance on young unproved keepers as they will make mistakes as it s part of his learning curve imo) and move heaven and earth to bring in a big experienced no-nonsense centre half.

We have a quality in the squad that there is no doubt but we do lack a bit of experience and height and "meanness", in fact Jimmy Scott and Colin Hamilton and probably Ricky Little (although not tall he is great in the air) are the only players in the squad who have this.

You look back at any team who have won this league they have had experience/height/strength throughout the squad and quality players and consistent goal scorers.

When we won the league under Sheerin we had this, other central defence was big no-nonsense experienced players plus 2 experienced keepers.

We are not far away but imo the 2 players I have mentioned sooner rather than later as if we lose anymore ground we may be out the race.

We should sign Marvin Andrews at the back and Chris Templeman upfront. Would give us the height required.

Edited by HeraldSchumacher

I must admit to having a smile on my face when some supporters try to put the sheerin era success down to a solid defence as that's simply not true we conceded goals all over the place lol but we could always outscore the opposition with fantastic attacking play that was just brilliant to watch.

As for segregation at the Forfar game total joke i wish a board member would come on here and explain that one.

Who would the Arbroath supporters be fighting anyway hardly think the Forfar coffin dodging support would be up for a battle on the terraces.;)

Edited by keptie

2 hours ago, timlichtie said:

Disappointing to hear about segregation. There's no history of trouble against Forfar as far as I know. Let the fans mix and enjoy the usual banter.

Or atleast give us some responsibility, we are not children.

I understand the segregation for the Montrose game, there's been bother before (very embarrassing) at those games. But never ever ever has there been anything resembling bother between ourselves and Forfar. Why segregate it?

Like I said I wouldn't even care that much if the segregation wasn't half the ground each, but the fact 45 minutes will be spent trying to see the goals were shooting in from the other end of the pitch, through a segregated fence if you try and get closer, is ridiculous and massively spoils the enjoyment of the game.

£13 is most definitely not value for money if these are the circumstances!!! I would like to see this decision reversed and common sense prevail. 

If we are going to have to segregate games like this then I agree that we should look into another segregated section like the one Montrose had when we won the league. Obviously still keep the current segregation fence in case we get teams like Celtic etc

When we played Cowden, who we've had trouble with on several occasions in the past we didn't need segregation and their 'fans' were watched over by 3 polis and half a dozen stewards.

Against Forfar, a team we've never had any trouble against, we're segregating it. This to me suggests that it is thought the half a dozen stewards/ a few polis couldn't deal with the Forfar fans? :lol: Utterly bizarre.

One thing I would say is before people start having a go at the club, we have no idea how this decision has come about. Have the police insisted on this? Did the police tell us they would charge us for a load of officers at the ground on the day if we didn't segregate? Have we been backed into a corner on this one and had no other option but to segregate in order to save a hefty police bill? It would be good if the club were able to let the fans know how this decision has come about.

Shocking decision. Not exactly encouraging people to come to the game. If we go down this road of constant segregation we need to put it at the corner as has been said.

Cup ties off the season ticket, thrown in with the B teams now enforced seggy at a match I've attended for 35 years without a whiff of bother. Attendance is being discouraged.

My initial thoughts on reading it would be that it's a police decision, however I'm sure Arbroath use the same security company as Montrose, and I know that they are absolute wanks so I wouldn't be surprised if they were involved.