The Arbroath Thread

Robbie Mutch 1 of 2 keepers in the Scotland U19 squad travelling to Athens next week to play Greece in 2 pre-tournament qualifying friendlies next week! Any historians out there know how many 'Internationalists' we have had over the years?

image.png

This just been announced recently? Seen the squad last week and sure the keepers were McRorie and someone from Celtic

1 minute ago, 1320Lichtie said:

This just been announced recently? Seen the squad last week and sure the keepers were McRorie and someone from Celtic

Squad been changed since then,updated list on SFA website.

2 hours ago, big al said:

Didn't know that.

he looked like a soft junior centre half when with us last season.

Believe it or not he was very good for us, he spend half a season with us before returning to Hamilton.  We never replaced him with similar quality and we well and truly went downhill after that transfer window... 

A great performance on Saturday and a reasonable crowd, but not much atmosphere. What's happened to the Ultras, the drum and the singing?

Most now at the age where they've got to give up playing football if they want to come and watch us. A terribly shite rule that amateur games ko at 2.30pm. Said it for years.

1 hour ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Most now at the age where they've got to give up playing football if they want to come and watch us. A terribly shite rule that amateur games ko at 2.30pm. Said it for years.

When would you play then?

i always found half the team was working sat morning so 2pm was only time could play anyway.

When would you play then?

i always found half the team was working sat morning so 2pm was only time could play anyway.

Squad of near 60 at the last amateur team I was last at and not one worked Saturday mornings, same with the juniors, even a midday KO, 2 hours earlier would mean everybody would be able to make a home game. Watched an amateur game 1st half before Gayfield on Saturday and there was 8 guys from a 17 man squad that went to Gayf week in week out. More in other teams too, a lot of my pals. I used to play then go down for the second half for a few years. I don't think you should have to pick one or the other after you come out of boys football. Obviously not a huge number for clubs like ours missing but it'll be the same all over the country. Find it bizarre.