The Arbroath Thread

Will McCord serve his suspension in the cup tomorrow night and then be available for Saturday?

Nope he's available tomorrow unavailable Saturday, according to the paper anyway

Scott likely to be available according to Tele but be a late decision, if he's no 100 percent would rather we kept him fit for Saturday and took no chances

8 hours ago, SimonLichtie said:

Regarding the Mike Cargill situation - while it is rather bizarre to say the least I don't think it makes any difference to us in terms of 'insider knowledge' or anything like that. At this level I suspect all the rumours/ gossip etc. go round all the players anyway and as has been said Mike won't be seeing anything regarding our tactics or training. It is still a very odd situation though! I suspect it'll be a rarity for him to even see the players this year, as he won't be at training or ever there on a Saturday due to his commitments with Montrose.

Fair point. Perhaps as has been suggested I'm reading too much into it.

Managed to squeeze in two games before heading home from a recent trip. Used to love catching a few games but didn't even bother with the East Fife game tonight. Bit of a shame to hear the wit and banter seems to have deserted our support. Alternative at the Montrose game was two blokes telling almost every Montrose player to feck off. Nae atmosphere either, When did it get so bad? Just a reflection of recent times? Shame either way...

Managed to squeeze in two games before heading home from a recent trip. Used to love catching a few games but didn't even bother with the East Fife game tonight. Bit of a shame to hear the wit and banter seems to have deserted our support. Alternative at the Montrose game was two blokes telling almost every Montrose player to feck off. Nae atmosphere either, When did it get so bad? Just a reflection of recent times? Shame either way...

The atmosphere last season at the Montrose games was the best it's ever been by far

Think the game itself and the conditions played a part in creating that atmosphere more than anything, a torture of a 90 minutes

10 hours ago, The_Missing_Licht said:

Unfortunately ranging from being poor at best to absolutely rank rotten over the past 20 months has seen apathy and frustration set in amongst the support, quite understandably to be honest.

However, last night there were a stupidly high number of fans who started shouting abuse at the manager and even boo'd the team off after what was a rather good performance overall where we more than matched the first team of an East Fife in the division above us who beat Peterhead 3-0 just a few days previously. This sort of thing is quite frankly ridiculous, I can understand people being pissed off with Dick tactically, but screaming abuse at him to f**k off halfway through August is embarrassing, as is boo'ing the team off the pitch after they competed very well for 2 hours and were very unlucky not to get a result out of the game.

I must have been at a different game last night as I heard no abuse shouted towards the manager.

What I did witness was definitely the best performance I have seen by the Licthies this season. They did not deserve to get beaten as they more than matched EF and had the best of the possession and attacking chances. The one disappointment for me was Steven Doris' performance. Virtually every touch he had was clumsy and more often than not, meant his second touch was a tackle to try and get the ball back. At the beginning I thought that him and Hester looked like they were going to link up well, but Steve's inability to hold onto the ball meant that he could hardly pass to Kane. So apart from hitting the post late on he was pretty ineffective all game.

6 hours ago, WT Figo said:

I must have been at a different game last night as I heard no abuse shouted towards the manager.

What I did witness was definitely the best performance I have seen by the Licthies this season. They did not deserve to get beaten as they more than matched EF and had the best of the possession and attacking chances. The one disappointment for me was Steven Doris' performance. Virtually every touch he had was clumsy and more often than not, meant his second touch was a tackle to try and get the ball back. At the beginning I thought that him and Hester looked like they were going to link up well, but Steve's inability to hold onto the ball meant that he could hardly pass to Kane. So apart from hitting the post late on he was pretty ineffective all game.

There was at least one loud d**khead hurling abuse at the manager, thought his head was going to explode, it was the same guy who was chucked out at a game at Stenny a few years ago

3 hours ago, lichtie36nilhello said:

What time did you get?  At least Doris and McCord go up the waiting list then ;)

Wasn't about the time. Haha

Played football all my life never been a distance runner. Did the first 19 miles in 2 1/2 hrs then got severe cramp in my thigh and limped the rest in tears. No exaggeration. Will never do it again.

stupid event anyway.

Edited by big al

6 minutes ago, big al said:

Wasn't about the time. Haha

Played football all my life never been a distance runner. Did the first 19 miles in 2 1/2 hrs then got severe cramp in my thigh and limped the rest in tears. No exaggeration. Will never do it again.

stupid event anyway.

Agreed stupid event anyway!  2.5hrs for 19 miles is decent!  Lets not mention the last 7 miles again!  Never been into running, just coaching!  Did I ever tell you about my certificate?! :lol: