The Arbroath Thread

16 minutes ago, Loondave1 said:

Usually with disasterous consequences but feel free to go ahead.It will end in tears.

If Livingston can manage it on similar attendances to us. Not my call, but if we can find our own "Donald Findlay" to bankroll us then so be it!  

From what i have heard the clubs finances are not in the best shape. Not debt, just not enough flexability and not enough in reserve. A lot of things happening in the backround to try turn this around.

And JC was part of the problem. Many people have been put off either investing in the club or even sponsors because of the relationship they had with him.

With JC retiring (maybe pushed) the board can start to heal old wounds and get things rolling again. No doubt a lot of changes to happen in the near future.

Rumours of full time football is just a pipe dream. Maybe if we reach the championship and stay up we could look to have a core of full time players, but thats being highly optimistic. Lets just see what happens.

No chance, its just a non starter for a number of reasons. I always found JC quite a pleasant guy having spoken to him on a handful of occasions but I know he has burned a lot of bridges with various people. Good luck to the new chairman and hopefully the board back the manager again (like they did last season) and we can see 3 or 4 new players coming in as well as retaining most of the squad.

Have to speculate to accumulate.

Full time will not happen unless someone is willing to invest a huge amount into the club and not expect a penny back.

Otherwise you are havering out your arse again

I liked Gomes. Be happy to see him stay. Had a few real hairy moments in the last month or so though that might make DC think about looking elsewhere, who knows.

Every keeper makes mistakes doesn't matter how good you are. Gomes has been the best keeper we have had in a long time.

Granted I didn't see much of Scott Morrison before his last 2 seasons at the club, but he must've declined massively if he was better than Gomes previous to that.

Think Gomes is better but Scott Morrison had some absolute stormers, the 2 games against Celtic...

In my lifetime from keepers I can remember

Hinchcliffe

Hill

McCallum

Gomes

Morrison

Peat

Fleming

Wight

Bullock

Daryl Burns

Neil Inglis

Admittedly that's off the top of my head, probably missed a good few there.

Think Gomes is better but Scott Morrison had some absolute stormers, the 2 games against Celtic...

In my lifetime from keepers I can remember

Hinchcliffe
Hill
McCallum
Gomes
Morrison
Peat
Fleming
Wight
Bullock

Daryl Burns

Neil Inglis

Admittedly that's off the top of my head, probably missed a good few there.

I love Gomes, c***s absolutely Gayf'd out his nut.
b0f831d7cb920f4caf32cd2de378cc0b.jpg