The Arbroath Thread

We need two players in ASAP imo. 17 is too tight, we will pick up injuries and suspensions. The problem with loans is the parent clubs want them to play which means they have to be very good to get in our team (eg Scott Martin)
im not sure there are many better under 20 left backs than colin Hamilton or strikers much better than Wallace and McKenna.

Young Anderson of Aberdeen scored a beauty against Rangers today. Just saying. Actually, not really the type I think we need but his future’s looking good.

Young Anderson of Aberdeen scored a beauty against Rangers today. Just saying. Actually, not really the type I think we need but his future’s looking good.

Think if Aberdeen loan him out it will be to a championship side

After enjoying the  buzz of the decent win over Montrose, it occurred to me that, in several decades of supporting the Lichties, there has been more than a fair share of `sweet moments' over the past few years.  I don't mean finally winning the titles, but some great and high scoring games/results often against rivals - eg high scoring wins against Forfar, Montrose, East Fife, Stranraer, Airdrie.    Some of these results  have probably claimed their places in record head-to-head scores against the teams in question.   Having this attacking potential also brings a bit more pleasure to the party and the hope that, even when we might be struggling in games, we can turn things around.   Let's say it makes supporting the Lichties a bit more pleasure than duty, which is has been for extended periods of our history.  Thanks to those responsible

After enjoying the  buzz of the decent win over Montrose, it occurred to me that, in several decades of supporting the Lichties, there has been more than a fair share of `sweet moments' over the past few years.  I don't mean finally winning the titles, but some great and high scoring games/results often against rivals - eg high scoring wins against Forfar, Montrose, East Fife, Stranraer, Airdrie.    Some of these results  have probably claimed their places in record head-to-head scores against the teams in question.   Having this attacking potential also brings a bit more pleasure to the party and the hope that, even when we might be struggling in games, we can turn things around.   Let's say it makes supporting the Lichties a bit more pleasure than duty, which is has been for extended periods of our history.  Thanks to those responsible

Completely agree. Thank you Todd Lumsden.

Very impressive start to the season by the lichties. Its very obvious we are a lot more solid as a back 4 so thomson in for kadar for me and gold out wide until we get denholm firing again. I would imagine all the subs will get a game v elgin on Wednesday night but it will really be hard for the likes of mccord/graham/hester to break into the team as things stand.

Delighted with how we are looking this season so all credit to dick and his team [emoji122]

Well done so far Lichties. Long way to go yet but Angus needs and deserves a Championship team and you lot look best equipped to do it. Hope the rest of us all survive in L1 whilst we re-build. The Mo had a lot of re-building to do after losing key players but hopefully we'll give you a harder game next time. Meantime no probs with you keeping winning.

Am I mistaken in the observation that some of the recent comments above are just a tad premature and overstretched? Building castles in the air on the limited evidence of a few games. I’d advise either medication or, at the very least, seeing September out before seeing how things shape up.

To be fair most just saying they’re delighted with how we’re looking which I think is fair after United/County/Montrose and Stranraer.

One Mo fan saying we’re championship material which was very kind of them but you’ll not hear that from many Arbroath fans.

Sure like most Scottish football fans were just waiting on something going wrong and our season going tits up. [emoji23]

I know it’s unfashionable, but I’d like us to beat Elgin and get a run going in this cup. We could make sure our talent on the bench get games. We could even win it. And I fancy seeing the Lichties playing in Sutton.

This is about the only thing positive from this game is that all the players that have been on the bench should play the 90 here and stay match sharp and push for a place in the first 11.

I know it’s unfashionable, but I’d like us to beat Elgin and get a run going in this cup. We could make sure our talent on the bench get games. We could even win it. And I fancy seeing the Lichties playing in Sutton.

I don't like this competition, not since the revamp of the league cup, it should be consigned to history