Killie vs St Mirren - 13/09/14

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Eremenko was poor today when he came on. Looked too interested in step overs and trying a World Cup pass than contributing to any phase of play. We were crying out for someone to put their foot on the ball and play the clever pass - Slater would have been the preferential sub for me.

He was poor ? You're kidding eh ? Ngoo was poor. Mackenzie was poor.

Magennis worked hard but created zilch.

Eremenko played 3 balls - 2 for Muirhead and 1 for Obadeyi - which created the 3 best chances we had in the game ( outside the goals obviously). He did put his foot on the ball and he did play clever passes. He also played a couple of World Cup balls granted but that's his nature.

He might not be all action but until he came on our midfield and forwards looked like they weren't talking to each other.

Or else I was at a different game

Eremenko was poor today when he came on. Looked too interested in step overs and trying a World Cup pass than contributing to any phase of play. We were crying out for someone to put their foot on the ball and play the clever pass - Slater would have been the preferential sub for me.

He had a few poor decisions but he set up two chances for Muirhead, one with a superb reverse pass.

We were far more dangerous when he came on.

I agree totally that Eremenko is the missing link to this team, otherwise we are going to continue relying on power to unlock defences. He is the only player on the park with greater than average vision, and let's be honest he wouldn't be playing for us if he was the full package!

I would love AJ to start with him against Accies with either Josh or Ngoo up front. Both just doesn't seem to work for me. No dig at either player in that as Im sure both will come good for us. I think we've got goals in this team, and with Miller to come back fit, then I'm sure we can cause teams problems.

To be honest Killie didn't look that much better than us.

Difference is they took their chances. McLean missed an absolute sitter.

Not one for knee jerk reactions but I can't see the results improving. Toothless up front, leaky defence and a talented midfield which is non existent. John McGinn on the right for f**k sake.

To be honest Killie didn't look that much better than us.

Difference is they took their chances. McLean missed an absolute sitter.

Not one for knee jerk reactions but I can't see the results improving. Toothless up front, leaky defence and a talented midfield which is non existent. John McGinn on the right for f**k sake.

Aye, I see what you're saying.

3 wins, a draw and we've scored 7 goals.

Not much better at all.

Not much better at all.

I didn't say over the course of the season. Yesterday Killie didn't play us off the park, even Killie fans I spoke to after the game said they were rotten. Still won though, so fair play.

Ngoo was a handful, so was that ex Bolton winger. Big Josh put himself about but never looked like scoring. I think if we swapped Marwood for Magennis both teams would have been better off! So many hopeless punts up to Marwood.

Not much better at all.

You have had a better start to the season than we have, no one said you hadn't.

If you look at the stats there was very little between the teams

Possession 51% - 49%

Shots 8 - 9

on target 5 - 4

Corners 12 - 8

Fouls 14 - 12

You probably just deserved to win as your defence managed to do what they're paid for and our lot couldn't.

At the time I blamed Connolly solely for Saints' goal, but looking back at the highlights I'd blame Clingan just as much. The pass back to him was avoidable.

ETA - Cheers for the winning goal Tesselaar. Nice to see that he hasn't suddenly realised how to be a defender over the summer.

After seeing the highlights I completely blame Clingan for that goal. Put Connelly right in it with nowhere to go.

I thought we were lucky to win it tbh. I thought Saints looked more lively throughout the 2nd half. They just have nothing up front.

A plus side is that Muirhead is looking more of a player. Wasn't totally convinced last year, but definitely much improved.

Players like eremenko make us tick and actually create he needs more game time to do this. Not saying these teams were best but i enjoyed watching killie teams with burns, durrant, skora, eremenko part 1, even gary harkins. They all had vision and could make our average players look good - sammon a case in point!

We will only have eremenko this season put him on from start of game to create early chances and build confidence and momentum then hook him after 60 mins and protect what we have built or direct replace clingan who can also create for half a game

We're shite and we're going down. Lennon must be pishing himself at the board, the fans and his former assistant.

The middle one? I think we had a decent relationship with Lennon, although I thought it was time served, last year we were very lucky and bought utter shite.

However had I however been given the choice of TC or DL I'd have Lennon every time, Craig is an assistant nothing more. I do start to wonder where the problems were in the coaching side at Saints last year though.

I'm certainly out for Firhill on Friday. Lennon must go, err Craig must go

The middle one? I think we had a decent relationship with Lennon, although I thought it was time served, last year we were very lucky and bought utter shite.

However had I however been given the choice of TC or DL I'd have Lennon every time, Craig is an assistant nothing more. I do start to wonder where the problems were in the coaching side at Saints last year though.

I'm certainly out for Firhill on Friday. Lennon must go, err Craig must go

I think Lennon will be having a good chuckle at the fans who wanted him out. Funny how all the journalists who repeatedly called for his head last season are now saying it was the wrong choice. Mind you, if you'd told the fans last night that a condition of getting shot of Lennon was Craig would be appointed then we'd have been happy to stick with what we had.

Michael Stewart tears into Craig in the Sun today.

Archived