All things Dundee FC

Did you see the bid Gers put in for Scott Allan?

If Gers bid for Greg, it will be in installments.

Gers seem to think buying olayers is like catalogue shopping wi Littlewoods.

The wee cutey pies think they're a big team too

Scott Allan was a Championship player who doesn't possess the ability to single handedly win games.

Most transfer fees are paid in instalments. There is no fucking danger I'd be letting that financial basket case of a club anywhere near any of our players without stumping up the entire fee in used notes. It was only a few weeks ago that it was reported they needed to find £2.5m to see them through to the end of the season. Imsgine they paid one instalment then went bust again? f**k that.

The Yanks aren't daft - they'll play hardball and get the best deal possible for him. Start the bidding at 1 billion dollars. It's times like this you wish you hadn't already used the Dr Evil meme last week.

I find it pretty funny that Rangers could afford a fee for pretty much anyone. I'd accept anything remotely acceptable though, as we have to think big picture, because that would certainly kill Rangers off for definite.

We sell Stewart to them for £1m. Rangers die. We get Stewart back. Win win.

RandomGuy., on 10 Dec 2015 - 17:38, said:RandomGuy., on 10 Dec 2015 - 17:38, said:

This is identical to us when May was linked with moves...

I'd take £800,000 tbh.

We know Stewart will be off at some point soon, and if it's to Rangers, so be it. 700k-£1million is a perfectly acceptable figure - it's a figure that'll sting - considering many will look at what Celtic paid for Ciftci and ask where the value is, but it'll be a decent bit of business even if it weakens us at first.

ETA: I'd actually argue that Stewart is part of the reason we're so imbalanced at times. He's got too much quality to leave out the team but he's crowded out when playing up top and leaves the left back exposed when playing left wing, therefore has to get the free role which leads to some balance issues.

Edited by Ludo *1

Id be astounded if Rangers could afford either Stewart or MOH as both rumours stink of trying to sell papers/delude fans, theyll be after free agents and loans as usual.

I love how all the papers make 18 months sound like a really short time. 18 months in football is a especially long time , Im pretty confident Stewarty will be going south after this season . He wont be going anywhere in January as RIFC dont have the money for him

Genuinely don't think Greg can cope down south, he's talented as f**k that's no question but he just doesn't have the pace required.

Genuinely don't think Greg can cope down south, he's talented as f**k that's no question but he just doesn't have the pace required.

I've seen this written before and it makes no sense to me. Does the game speed up dramatically as soon as you step over the border? You usually hear English players coming up here saying that the game is much more frenetic compared to down south, so if anything he would find it easier.

Pace has never been part of his game so I don't see how it would suddenly become a problem wherever he ends up.

The game down South is more based on athleticism than up here. Just because it's called 'frantic' doesn't mean it's fast paced. It's more having less time on the ball as there's less room/positional discipline due to folk like Jim McAlister playing.

I don't think Stewart would make it down South (at any great level). He'd do alright at a lower Championship club.

The game down South is more based on athleticism than up here. Just because it's called 'frantic' doesn't mean it's fast paced. It's more having less time on the ball as there's less room/positional discipline due to folk like Jim McAlister playing.

I don't think Stewart would make it down South (at any great level). He'd do alright at a lower Championship club.

*frenetic

I'm not having the sweeping generalisations about the English game considering how many leagues and teams there are. It would depend entirely on who he played for and what system they play. There's no way every player down south is a pacey athlete.

More time on the ball the higher level you go unless you come against a team like Barca, Bayern etc who press high which sadly won't happen for gorgeous Greg.

I'd rather he went down south but it would probably suit him moving to Rangers as he's from the area and he's a Rangers fan. Would take a mill right now for him.

Agree with the poster as well who said that he does unbalance our side. If he did go for that price, hopefully PH would get about 250k of that to spend at will.

*frenetic

I'm not having the sweeping generalisations about the English game considering how many leagues and teams there are. It would depend entirely on who he played for and what system they play. There's no way every player down south is a pacey athlete.

Its true, tbf. From watching May up here to watching him down there its just a different world. The centre halves up here struggled to beat him physically and/or outpace him, while down there they ragdoll him a bit.

More time on the ball the higher level you go unless you come against a team like Barca, Bayern etc who press high which sadly won't happen for gorgeous Greg.

I'd rather he went down south but it would probably suit him moving to Rangers as he's from the area and he's a Rangers fan. Would take a mill right now for him.

Agree with the poster as well who said that he does unbalance our side. If he did go for that price, hopefully PH would get about 250k of that to spend at will.

I'd hope he'd get the lot to spend on Bob Harris, Caballero and Leigh Griffiths.