All things Dundee FC

He needs to make at least two signings in January that's for sure. Number one. A big b*****d ball winning midfielder, Number two. An experienced full back/centre half. (preferably a big b*****d as well.)

Read a post by Mr G on the other forum that Hartley has cancelled the squad's Christmas night out in Belfast which was due to be tonight.

Did he make that tactical change half way on the flight?

For all our lightweight midfield issues etc game after game recently has shown a team apparently bereft of any real tactics and application in the first half. Then Hartley makes some changes at half time and some semblance of a team with purpose appears. Recently that tactical adjustment has been far too little too late.

We should have been dead and buried at half time in Tynecastle, we were outplayed by the Dons and now the 'well.

Yes the team is weak in areas of the field but as the season goes on the managers ability to adapt to opponents week to week is looking very shaky.

Edited by rainbowrising

Get Harkins and Calder starting in midfield

This. Anyone saying Harkins is lazy in his defensive duties just needs to take a look at Thomson and Stewart's performances on that side of their game yesterday.

We only started playing and creating chances once Harkins and Calder came on.

Need to get the finger out pronto.

I suppose that'll be Thomson injured again?

Hopefully. He's cute on the ball and has some cracking touches but we need boys that are going to dig in and bust a gut for the jersey. Although tbf, our squad isn't exactly bursting with them.

Get Cammy Kerr back for starters.

Can we recall him out of the window? It seems like Peterhead are planning for life without him.

Getting him on one of the flanks would surely help our defensive issues.

I don't know what the deal is. What makes you say that about Peterhead?

I don't know what the deal is. What makes you say that about Peterhead?

Well he was suspended for a couple of games and then cup tied and hasn't won his place back in the team despite the fans praising him. His contract is officially up on 4th January so that makes me think that they would rather not rely on him.

This. Anyone saying Harkins is lazy in his defensive duties just needs to take a look at Thomson and Stewart's performances on that side of their game yesterday.

We only started playing and creating chances once Harkins and Calder came on.

Need to get the finger out pronto.

If we are worried about being too open defensively with GGH in the team then I would consider leaving out either Hemmings or Loy and going one up top with Harkins in behind and Stewart and Calder out wide with KT and Gowser in the holding roles.

That should allow us to get the ball from back to front a lot quicker and actually give Hamilton something to think about rather than us pissing about with it especially given the lack of confidence in the side at the moment

Edited by dundeefc1783

If we are worried about being too open defensively with GGH in the team then I would consider leaving out either Hemmings or Loy and going one up top with Harkins in behind and Stewart and Calder out wide with KT and Gowser in the holding roles.

That should allow us to get the ball from back to front a lot quicker and actually give Hamilton something to think about rather than us pissing about with it especially given the lack of confidence in the side at the moment

Like the look of that line up, would also love to see Kerr back and given a chance.

Well he was suspended for a couple of games and then cup tied and hasn't won his place back in the team despite the fans praising him. His contract is officially up on 4th January so that makes me think that they would rather not rely on him.

Right. I've not been keeping an eye on him at Peterhead. Get him back Hartley.