All things Dundee FC

Its true, tbf. From watching May up here to watching him down there its just a different world. The centre halves up here struggled to beat him physically and/or outpace him, while down there they ragdoll him a bit.

Stewart doesn't play as a central striker though - his ideal position is a roaming No 10 role in behind 2 frontmen.

Stewart doesn't play as a central striker though - his ideal position is a roaming No 10 role in behind 2 frontmen.

That position barely exists outwith the EPL

Gary Harkins excelled at Oldham (slightly lower level I grant you)

He excelled for 2 reasons, the first being he was afforded more time on the ball, and with his quality he was constantly ripping teams apart.

The second reason is he's a big strong boy so was able to hold his own in the physical contests. If there is one thing our friendlies against man city, Everton, Wigan, sheff Utd and Rotherham showed us up for was the massive gap in size and strength of the players.

Everton youth players were dominating our fully grown hairy arsed players physically - Ross Barkley who looks fairly average stature wise on TV looked a complete monster at Dens. Don't even get me started on Lukaku!

I think Stewart would do well to be honest. He isn't dependant on his physicality like Stevie May was for example but I do think he would need to improve in the speed stakes to become truly effective. Whether he can or not would be the difference between top championship and lower championship/league 1.

Do some folk even watch games? He's a wide player, more of an Inside Forward that a hole player.

I said a roaming role is his best role, I never said that's where he gets played. You saying he stuck to the wing against Killie on the opening day?

I said a roaming role is his best role, I never said that's where he gets played. You saying he stuck to the wing against Killie on the opening day?

I'd say in the extremely vast majority of games he's played for us that he has stick to the wide third of pitches (wing dependent).

The boys never a central player on his life and should never be played there.

I'd say in the extremely vast majority of games he's played for us that he has stick to the wide third of pitches (wing dependent).

The boys never a central player on his life and should never be played there.

Can you fucking read? Where did I say a central player.

Can you fucking read? Where did I say a central player.

You said he's a 10 who plays behind the 2 front men, behind the 2 front men is the centre of the pitch.

Maybe we're both being pedants, but I don't see him spending much time behind the strikers, I see him more often than not spending time our wide looking for the chance to cut in.

You said he's a 10 who plays behind the 2 front men, behind the 2 front men is the centre of the pitch.

Maybe we're both being pedants, but I don't see him spending much time behind the strikers, I see him more often than not spending time our wide looking for the chance to cut in.

I meant he's best suited to having the freedom to drift flank to flank and everything in between. He doesn't get that role often but he was everywhere against Killie and other games in the past.

I'm sorry for shouting at you but I was tired and emotional after too much caffeine and had just had my gender reassignment surgery cancelled again.

Peace.

So at what point do we get to question whether or not Hartley should be sacked without being berated by other dees?

It's becoming increasingly clear that we as a team have regressed since last season. We have too many lightweight players and too many injury prone players. The manager lacks any form of tactical nous and doesn't have even a sniff of a Plan B.

Do we really need to wait till United inevitably ragdoll us on the 2nd of January?