All things Dundee FC

My issue is the way Hartley repeatedly sets up his team.

Playing the way we do there is no hurry to get the ball forward and everything goes through the middle. And by the time we get it forward the opposition are usually set up in two banks of 4. We have to start playing a more direct style but I just can't see it happening.

We created very little yesterday don't remember Killie keeper making many saves. Yes we are third but unless something changes for the next few games that position could have changed dramatically.

I don't expect us to be challenging top 4 in fact this year top 8 would suffice with the changes to the squad.

I would just like us to stop being so predictable week in week out.

30 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I often look at stats.

Here's some stats for you:

You're a boring b*****d 100% of the time. 

20 hours of each day is spent alternating between Dundee threads and Songs of Praise.

You cure 80% of insomnia cases with your unheralded tedium.

You possess 63% characteristics of Pat Nevin.

20 hours of each day is spent alternating between Dundee threads and Songs of Praise.

Good to know he doesn't get to you though.

29 minutes ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

You just wasted 0.5% of your life creating that post

5 hours ago, johnnydun said:

Get yourself to f**k SRW!

Wow, very clever.

Why is that whenever anyone criticises Hartley, they get a torrent of abuse, its a difference of opinions, thats all. Some people on here really need to grow up.

17 minutes ago, srw said:

Wow, very clever.

Why is that whenever anyone criticises Hartley, they get a torrent of abuse, its a difference of opinions, thats all. Some people on here really need to grow up.

But thats all you do! With nothing constructive to back it up. Hardly a torrent of abuse either! 

I would love to see us challenge for the title, however I am a realist, we are mid table club with a mid table budget and the best manager we have for our level.

1 hour ago, srw said:

Wow, very clever.

You're entitled to criticise anyone but your repeated shouts of HARTLEY OUT are OTT. 

IMO.

It's worth remembering that us finishing top 6 in our first season back was us "ahead of schedule" according to the BoD's long term plans. Finishing lower last season was underwhelming but not a failure. We are safe and secure in the league, making progress.
Not sure why we're even discussing this tbh, one swallow doesn't make a summer! :)

It seems to me we probably have Bain, Hately, Gomis, O'Dea, McGowan, O'Hara, El Bak as definite first picks. You probably have to add Holt through lack of competition. For the last 3 I'd go for Ross, Yordi (think he's a wee bit different and has looked dangerous to me). The final player from Williams, Loy, Duffy - maybe just Loy for me.

Nursing a slight hangover and a bit bored.