All things Dundee FC

1 minute ago, thommohawk said:

you have to laugh 

Yup, I'd rather take the odd top flight hounding rather than celebrate some tin pot trophy only open to lower league diddy teams. Thank you.

2 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Going back to that 4-5-1 with shite like Ross and Hateley in the team was asking for trouble. The latter is a fucking embarrassment of a footballer - we've looked a better team without him than with him.

That is spot on. It's sh!t going to a game knowing your going to get pumped because of the manager's bizarre line up and tactics. Every game bar 1, the Rangers game  against the top 4 he goes negative as f**k and we just invite teams onto us knowing it's only a matter of time until they score. 

Twice this season I thought he's found a formation that would easily see us safe yet after an international break/winter shutdown he goes back to the utterly sh!te tactic of 5 in midfield, sitting deep as f**k with zero support to the striker and Hately shoehorned back into the side. 5 central midfielders he had starting the game last night. That's ridiculous. 

I think O'Hara won 1 header against Considine all night yet the whole game Bain kept doing the same kick out to him. At what point does Hartley instruct him to stop doing it. 

Of that starting 11 last night Gomis, Hateley, Holt and El Bahktoui are simply nowhere near the standard required and I've been kind not to include Vincent and Ross in that category as well. That's not to mention the likes of Williams, Yordi, Low, Loy, Jules and Gadzhalov  

Would it be harsh to say since the summer we got promoted that we're getting  worse every transfer window we go through?

The late 90's - mid 2000's, we took regular 5,6 or 7 goal pumpings off both of the arse cheeks when they were at their Larsson and Negri inspired furthest ahead of the pack. Last night looked like that again.

The difference between Aberdeen crosses - accurate, well delivered and precise and ours - hitting the first defender, going straight to the keeper or going straight out, was like night and day. The defence and Bain looked like they'd never met and the central midfield three looked like they couldn't wait to hoof the ball away instead of doing anything constructive. El Bak was the only one I would give even close to pass marks to, although Ojaama did ok when he came on.

As for where we go from here? Would love to think that Hartley could pull things together - the performances against Motherwell, St Johnstone at Hogmanay, Rangers (and the second half against Celtic) at Dens all point to the fact that we can do it when the mood takes us, but the majority of evidence suggests otherwise. Would recommend that pay for Wright, as it looks like he can take bit part players or mediocre journeymen and put them together into a coherent team, but I doubt he'd be interested unless the Yanks can flash the cash to tempt him, though. Other than that, what's the alternative? McGhee? Butcher? Duffy? I think we will end up hoping that two of the Accies, ICT and Well continue to be worse than us and scrape 10th and then be in the same position in the summer.

I would just like to thank my Dad at this point for encouraging me to be a Dundee fan, it's been great... (Yes, before all the inbred fermers make the joke, I am from Dundee and I do know who my father is, and it isn't my uncle - unlike most of you...)

I think that certain players get a ridiculously hard time from our fans, Vincent being one in particular. He's a very tidy player, exposed by the system and personnel that he's playing in. Why do the likes of McGowan get a pass from a large part of our support? Because he rants and raves and looks like he cares? He's been one of the least effective players this season for me, bar a few good performances admittedly, but no wonder we get overrun when we play McGowan and Hateley in centre midfield. Two nothing players, both poor in their own unique ways

I think most folk are starting to realise that Vincent's not part of the problem, or certainly not the worst of it.

I love Gowser but he's only got a spot in the team right now based on his reputation. If he'd been signed at the start of the season he'd be getting dogs abuse

30 minutes ago, ravabelli said:

Hartleys interview in the courier pretty much blames the players totally and him and his staff did everything correctly in their preparation for the game :wacko:

He's treating the paying fans with utter contempt if he thinks he can simply say he and his staff prepared them correctly in their preparation for the game and then leave it at that.

On paper how he prepared the team MAY have been spot on but it was blatantly obvious very early on in the game that it wasn't working and I saw no real change of tactics during the game.  

The biggest example of Hartley's appalling signings is the fact that he plays Ross on the left (who he clearly doesn't rate highly) and leaves out Williams and Klok (who he clearly rates even less).  Williams was given a 3 year deal!  This is presumably a player he wanted badly, given the pre-contract agreement.

The board has backed him with money to bring in players and he has wasted so much of it on utter dross often on three year deals.

He clearly can't motivate or handle his players either and Bain's attitude is a prime example.

James Vincent and Nick Ross are more than capable Scottish Premiership players.  This 'shite' and 'not good enough' stuff from you lads is way off the mark.  They aren't suited to Hartley's style, that's his fault for signing them, not theirs. 

I think most folk are starting to realise that Vincent's not part of the problem, or certainly not the worst of it.

I love Gowser but he's only got a spot in the team right now based on his reputation. If he'd been signed at the start of the season he'd be getting dogs abuse

Totally agree re Vincent but I'm still giving Gowser a pass. For half the season he's had Hateley next to him with Wighton and O'Hara either side. Totally over run in midfield.

I'm going to ask again as either it's so ludicrous or some folks missed it - is Alex Neil a total non starter? Who in England will take a chance on a sacked 35 year old Scotsman?

Calls for Wright are just madness. Clearly he's not good enough for us.

47 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

Hateley is awful. Adds f**k all to the team.

I have nothing but hate for Tom Hateley. I would skin him alive and make a belt out of him. Even then, it would probably be a shite belt. Arrogant, popstar, wannabe footballer c**t that he is.

Thank you.

ETA:

9 minutes ago, bobbycoxblue said:

Glad to see you lot are still here . Thought you had all joined a cult and removed yourselves from the Internet but I think you should be concentrating on your biggest rivals...
GREENOCK MORTON.

Now toddle off
Just saying

It's MorTEN. Thank you.

Edited by LiamDFC

11 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

To be honest, Hartley is warming back up to me when I think of the other options.

Is there a guy out there that'll put in as much work as him? Unlikely. Write this season off. Can he rebuild? That's the question that has to be going through Nelms and co's head.

I hope to god thats an April Fools joke :blink:

1 hour ago, richDFC said:

I think that certain players get a ridiculously hard time from our fans, Vincent being one in particular. He's a very tidy player, exposed by the system and personnel that he's playing in. Why do the likes of McGowan get a pass from a large part of our support? Because he rants and raves and looks like he cares? He's been one of the least effective players this season for me, bar a few good performances admittedly, but no wonder we get overrun when we play McGowan and Hateley in centre midfield. Two nothing players, both poor in their own unique ways

We've seen Gowser can do it by his performances over the 2 previous seasons. Vincent has still to deliver but definitely brings a bit of energy to the side. The bigger question is was his type of signing required?

McGowan drives me mental. His 360 spin rather than the obvious pass is one of the most frustrating things I've ever seen.

Also he personally and the squad in general didn't look anywhere near as fit as Aberdeen.
Ash Taylor just ran away from him without trying too hard.