All things Dundee FC

On 02/02/2015 at 18:40, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

It doesn't matter if they are 'out the box' or not, every signing he has made so far has been good, (with the exception of Roberts), so if Hartley, the best manager we've had for the past thirty odd years thinks it'll improve the team, then I'm happy with that, don't get all this negativity.

On 18/05/2015 at 17:01, mattydfc said:

Dundee Football Club :wub:

Paul Hartley is the best thing to happen to Dundee in my time supporting them.

On 06/08/2015 at 15:19, K.T said:

It'll be a sad day when Hartley goes :(

On 06/08/2015 at 15:38, SweeperDee said:

Hartley will get the Celtic job when Delia gets sacked.

On 06/08/2015 at 17:22, Moo said:

At least when Pep goes we'll have a decent wad of compensation to lure someone from another club.

1 minute ago, Caballero said:

As I said, we are 8th.

Keep trying, different tact would be refreshing emoji106.png

Theres every chance this time tomorrow you'll be 9th, only 3 points off 12th. Keep believing though, the table never lies :rolleyes:

Just now, RossDee01 said:

Wasn't long ago we were 5-1 up at half time against Motherwell and the fans were chanting his name. Just saying.

Tonight was embarrassing but it's nothing a win in Tuesday night wouldn't fix.

Sorry, but that was the final straw for me. Never seen us humiliated like that ever. (and I've witnessed some amount of shite these past 45 years)

Wasn't long ago we were 5-1 up at half time against Motherwell and the fans were chanting his name. Just saying.

I love Hartley and still think he ha the ability to be a top manager. I've defended him against critics on here and elsewhere but absolutely no manager should survive taking 7 at home.

2 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:

That's the feeling I get as well. With the hot and cold way this team plays, we could go up and get a good result in Dingwall, or equally another doing. 

Not sure whether or not panicking and trying to get a new manager in temporarily for last 8 games is the best idea. Tricky situation. 

16 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Right this very minute, get him in the office with the paperwork, and then get him to f**k out the door.

Quite right Biggie.  He can have no arguments if that did happen.

Surely though he must know that he is now way out his depth.  

There is absolutely no question that the team has gone massively backwards this season, even allowing for the departures of Hemmings and Stewart.

Way, way, way too many bad signings.  That's not the sign of a good manager!

I'm still backing him and think he's still the man for the job. One truly awful performance won't change that for me.

I don't understand why he's getting so much of the blame tonight, he's had to rest players for a massive game on Tuesday knowing deep down we probably weren't going to get a result tonight. Players take the blame for this one for me. I stayed till the end and only Darren O'Dea had the decency to acknowledge the fans.

That's the feeling I get as well. With the hot and cold way this team plays, we could go up and get a good result in Dingwall, or equally another doing. 
Not sure whether or not panicking and trying to get a new manager in temporarily for last 8 games is the best idea. Tricky situation. 

I'm not sure it is. He's been lucky and seemingly good results have come at the right time against teams in turmoil. He will keep signing midget central midfielders and no wingers because he is too stubborn to change.
I get the feeling we're in the same situation now as we were when he came in, but in reverse.
If there hadn't been a change from Bomber we wouldn't have gone up. I'm not sure if something doesn't change that we'll be on the way back down.

Just now, dd23 said:

I'm not sure it is. He's been lucky and seemingly good results have come at the right time against teams in turmoil. He will keep signing midget central midfielders and no wingers because he is too stubborn to change.
I get the feeling we're in the same situation now as we were when he came in, but in reverse.
If there hadn't been a change from Bomber we wouldn't have gone up. I'm not sure if something doesn't change that we'll be on the way back down.

I agree with the stubbornness aspect, I think the getting results at the right times can't be purely put down to luck.

My big issue would be that, with 8 games to go, would this team get the new manager bounce (maybe not, because a lot seem like shitebags) and do the club have someone in mind to come in short term and shore things up.

I feel like a McCabe or McPake interim type situation would be pointless, same management team, different face. In my mind it would have to be someone external to come in.

4 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

Way, way, way too many bad signings.  That's not the sign of a good manager!

What was the point in signing this Klok guy or whatever his name is, drowning in shite midfielders and he goes and signs another one, meanwhile the centre halfs are shite and there's nobody up front. Its a fucking disaster.

I'm still backing him and think he's still the man for the job. One truly awful performance won't change that for me.

I don't understand why he's getting so much of the blame tonight, he's had to rest players for a massive game on Tuesday knowing deep down we probably weren't going to get a result tonight. Players take the blame for this one for me. I stayed till the end and only Darren O'Dea had the decency to acknowledge the fans.

One awful performance? We have been fucking woeful barring a handful of games over the last 18 months.

Hartley is fucking clueless, he signed all these duffers and doesn't have a clue what his best team, tactics or formation are. He is taking us backwards and has shown nothing to prove otherwise.

His time is up.