All things Dundee FC

36 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

On a side note, Oor Duff would wipe the floor wi that fud Lennon. 

Fun and games with Lennon in the Premier next season. 

Fucking hilarious watching Lennon throwing himself at Duffy knowing full well that there are people in the way to break it up. No way would he have done that 1v1.

Regardless of what people think of Bain I think it is absolutely mental people think Mitchell is the answer.

Before I hear the "oh but he kept 2 clean sheets argument" - He kept 2 clean sheets because Hamilton were absolutely shite and barely mustered a chance and because the referee saved him from an absolute howler against Motherwell when he mate a total mess of a routine cross.

(17 seconds in)

- He made a complete hash of Dumbarton's opener in the betfred cup game earlier this season.

(2.55 in)

- He gave East Fife's player an almost open goal to shoot into when caught far too far across his goal in the betfred cup game when there was clearly only one place it was going.

(3.00 in)

- He palmed a routine shot against Ross County last year into his own net.

(1.05 in)

- He come scrambling for a long high ball in the Derby last season that he was never ever reaching which resulted in the DABs equaliser.

(1.30 in)

He's started 5 games for us and made 1 sub appearance and off the top of my head I've managed to think of 4 (5 included the Motherwell one) goals he has cost us.

Is there a realistic chance of Speroni wanting/willing to agree to a year loan? 1 last year of first team football at a club he loves.

He'd still more than likely be the best keeper in the league which makes it a pipe dream but we had a similar situation when Rab came back to us in the First.

2 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Is there a realistic chance of Speroni wanting/willing to agree to a year loan? 1 last year of first team football at a club he loves.

He'd still more than likely be the best keeper in the league which makes it a pipe dream but we had a similar situation when Rab came back to us in the First.

Would he want to risk ruining his hero status by joining us as and having a stinker? I'm not so sure, as it's not as if he'll need the money.

Would he want to risk ruining his hero status by joining us as and having a stinker? I'm not so sure, as it's not as if he'll need the money.

He'll not leave Palace permanently, not a chance. He'll have a job for life at that club. We'd have between a slim and none chance of getting him on a loan deal. Speroni having a stinker would still be above average here.

10 hours ago, Mr Gandosaur said:

Regardless of what people think of Bain I think it is absolutely mental people think Mitchell is the answer.

Before I hear the "oh but he kept 2 clean sheets argument" - He kept 2 clean sheets because Hamilton were absolutely shite and barely mustered a chance and because the referee saved him from an absolute howler against Motherwell when he mate a total mess of a routine cross.

(17 seconds in)

- He made a complete hash of Dumbarton's opener in the betfred cup game earlier this season.

(2.55 in)

- He gave East Fife's player an almost open goal to shoot into when caught far too far across his goal in the betfred cup game when there was clearly only one place it was going.

(3.00 in)

(1.05 in)

- He come scrambling for a long high ball in the Derby last season that he was never ever reaching which resulted in the DABs equaliser.

(1.30 in)

He's started 5 games for us and made 1 sub appearance and off the top of my head I've managed to think of 4 (5 included the Motherwell one) goals he has cost us.

Those videos prove how shite Mitchell is and how much I miss Stewart and Hemmings :bairn

14 hours ago, Mr Gandosaur said:

(17 seconds in)

(2.55 in)

(3.00 in)

(1.05 in)

(1.30 in)

Thank you.

It appears Mitchell could steal GMans furniture then be thanked for creating space.

Hate fuds who hold hopes with players clearly not upto it. Get him to f**k.

I wonder if Hartley will go for an experienced replacement or have another punt into the lower leagues for a replacement for Bain. I'm not too familiar with the lower leagues but I'd rather have someone with a bit of experience in this league. An inexperienced keeper and Mitchell will not fill me with confidence. The obvious choice is Mannus of St Johnstone but not sure when his contract expires.

I see Gourlay is away on loan to Clyde, should get plenty of practice there given how shite they are but will be interesting to see how he gets on there. Heard mixed reviews about him, but he looks tiny. Then again, so are Mitchell and Bain.

43 minutes ago, JockysJetpack said:

Alright all,

Had a bit of time today so whipped up this quiz on Sporcle, have a go and let me know how you got on/feedback!

Thank You.

https://www.sporcle.com/games/purplefrogg6/dundee-top-5-scorers-since-9899

Really enjoyed that, thanks for doing it. That 2012/13 list makes for a fucking painful reminder, we were absolutely stinking