All things Dundee FC

My guess though is that we'll line up something like this.

Bain in goal.
Hateley right back.
Gomis and O'Dea at centre half.
Kerr left back.

O'Hara on the right.
Ross and Vincent in the middle.
Williams on the left.

Wighton and El Bak up top.

That's worst case scenario imo assuming that Holt, McGowan and Haber haven't recovered from their injuries. Jukebox and Gadz both out and Ojamma just looks like he's been carrying a knock for a while now.

I could be way off here tbh.

Got my tickets for the Night of Champions at the Whitehall Theatre.  Should be a good night.  Offered to take my dad along (he's in his 80s).  Said he'd rather just remember the players as they were that season and in particular that day at Muirton.    

Oh, and he loves the fact Dundee were the first side in the city to win the top league!

45 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:

No idea but don't see why not unless there was a fee involved which I highly doubt there was.

Like you say, I doubt it'd be dependent on money (apart from maybe having to now pick up 100% of his wages) I don't think. The issue would be that we'd need to do it (or any other free agent business or recalls that we may need) before the registration window which is the 1st April. United fell foul of that last season when they played a couple of their youngsters who'd been out on loan and it was also (partially) why when Alloa punted Roberts back and he never made it near the squad despite not having a full compliment of players.

I'm not really sure Loy would really be worth bringing back unless Haber was badly injured and we were prepared for a thorough tactical rethink. I still don't think he'd get a game ahead of any of the forwards we've got in the squad and think he would end up just warming the bench as he did before. It's always tempting to bolster options in the run in but I'm not sure what problem he'd solve and his form is still suspect (not saying he's been doing badly but only one league goal from open play isn't exactly striking).

Bain in the paper saying he's not signing a new deal even if he's offered one and wants to leave in the summer. Wonder if Hartley will show his gigantic testicles and drop him, I wouldn't blame him if he did, nobody's bigger than the club.

We've known this for ages, it's not even the first time it's been in the paper. We won't drop him because he's our best choice keeper and will give us our best chance of staying up. Should we have dropped Stewart last season when he rejected an extension?

We've known this for ages, it's not even the first time it's been in the paper. We won't drop him because he's our best choice keeper and will give us our best chance of staying up. Should we have dropped Stewart last season when he rejected an extension?

It is a sticky situation, and I'm glad i'm not the one who has to make the decision, but like you say I'm sure he won't be dropped. Ideally we would have a solid back up keeper so that he could be dropped as whether people like to admit it or not, it's clear he thinks he's better than Dundee, and imo he's actually not.

I wonder who would actually take a punt on him in the summer. There's no denying the fact that he is a good goalkeeper but this season his mind has obviously been elsewhere and hats shown quite a few times. I honestly don't think he'll be number one keeper at a team that much better than Dundee. I'm sure he could go somewhere and earn more money sitting on the bench but either way I can't see us getting that much money for him, especially now that it's gone public that he wants to leave.

Missed your point about Stewart, but like the poster above said, he kept it quiet. I don't know what was going on behind the scenes, but again it's a tricky one if he's getting too big for his boots. It didn't seem to me that his attitude showed he was desperate for a move like I see with Bain.

Don't think Stewart actually came out and stated he wanted to leave though but I know what your saying.

Unless I'm missing something I don't think Scott's said anything either, it's Hartley's quote after (I assume) a direct question from a journalist.

Why is he coming out in the papers again to say this? Blatant disrespect to Hartley and the club. Considering his form - Hartley wouldn't need 'massive testicles' to drop him. Just a pity Mitchell doesn't seem up to it. That said, he does seem to organise his defence better.

15 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:

It is a sticky situation, and I'm glad i'm not the one who has to make the decision, but like you say I'm sure he won't be dropped. Ideally we would have a solid back up keeper so that he could be dropped as whether people like to admit it or not, it's clear he thinks he's better than Dundee, and imo he's actually not.

I wonder who would actually take a punt on him in the summer. There's no denying the fact that he is a good goalkeeper but this season his mind has obviously been elsewhere and hats shown quite a few times. I honestly don't think he'll be number one keeper at a team that much better than Dundee. I'm sure he could go somewhere and earn more money sitting on the bench but either way I can't see us getting that much money for him, especially now that it's gone public that he wants to leave.

Missed your point about Stewart, but like the poster above said, he kept it quiet. I don't know what was going on behind the scenes, but again it's a tricky one if he's getting too big for his boots. It didn't seem to me that his attitude showed he was desperate for a move like I see with Bain.

I get where people get the thing about Scott's attitude but for me it's massively exaggerated. Admittedly he's put stupid things up on twitter before and has looked raging in matches at stupid defensive errors. He's a cocky player but that's part of him game and we're a better team with him, for me it's a no brainer.

I agree about your thing about not knowing who'd take a punt, his stock's obviously not as high as it once was and IMO that's why Hartley's come out and said this, because he'd rather cash in now so is just trying to get a bit of interest.

13 minutes ago, dundeefc1783 said:

He has clearly told PH he would like to leave in the summer.

Sorry, I thought you meant he publicly said he wants to leave i.e in the press. Anyway, the exact same thing would've happened with Greg, the only difference here is that Hartley's given a quote to a journalist so it's common knowledge he's available in the Summer.

Hugely over rated keeper who's too small to make it down south. He'll end up at Aberdeen in four years.

Unfortunately I agree with you. He's a top 6 keeper, anywhere else he'll be sitting on the bench. He won't be a regular starter at a club much (if any) bigger than Dundee.