All things Dundee FC

On 25/03/2017 at 10:15, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

That Scotland kit is a mess, although the previous one was smart.

Wouldn't be unhappy with a Macron kit, seem to be pretty well made and come up with decent designs. 

Danger with getting Adidas or Nike is that we would be basically be ordering out a catalogue. 

Early Puma efforts for us were decent but lately have become a bit cheap. Probably just a small thing but don't like how the badge is now just stuck on as opposes to being stitched in for first few seasons. 

Quick questions lads. I've been in the hospo several times at Dens, usually the legends lounge and I've also been in the Penman lounge when we won the league due to an overspill from the Legends lounge. Anyway it's always been a 3 courser with complimentary bar before and after the game. But this Friday, an Aberdeen mate sorted hospitality for a group of us and I assumed it was in the legends lounge until I seen the sheet he sent me. It's in the Penman lounge and the whole package seems different from the usual plus it's a pay bar. He's already said he'll cover the drink costs and put a tab behind the bar as he assumed it would be free too. I'm not sure the exact price he paid but I assume it wasn't the usual £150pp for a category A game as it's a pay bar.

Anyone had this package before and able to tell me what it's like? I'll attach a photo also.

890e57388af72ba2ee8f529d9c4610c8.jpg

1 hour ago, Moo said:

Quick questions lads. I've been in the hospo several times at Dens, usually the legends lounge and I've also been in the Penman lounge when we won the league due to an overspill from the Legends lounge. Anyway it's always been a 3 courser with complimentary bar before and after the game. But this Friday, an Aberdeen mate sorted hospitality for a group of us and I assumed it was in the legends lounge until I seen the sheet he sent me. It's in the Penman lounge and the whole package seems different from the usual plus it's a pay bar. He's already said he'll cover the drink costs and put a tab behind the bar as he assumed it would be free too. I'm not sure the exact price he paid but I assume it wasn't the usual £150pp for a category A game as it's a pay bar.

Anyone had this package before and able to tell me what it's like? I'll attach a photo also.

890e57388af72ba2ee8f529d9c4610c8.jpg

It's pretty much the same setup as the Legends lounge, just with a pay bar facility. Not sure on the Penman specifically but I'd imagine it's the same setup as the Cooke lounge next door, which I've been to quite a few times.

It's pretty much the same setup as the Legends lounge, just with a pay bar facility. Not sure on the Penman specifically but I'd imagine it's the same setup as the Cooke lounge next door, which I've been to quite a few times.

Decent, cheers. You still get a three courser in the Charlie Cooke?

7 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:

Hartley quoted saying our squad is "down to the bare bones" for the game on Friday. Yay.

Very worried without a target man. Faissal played as one for a run (Motherwell away Killie home, Aberdeen home and Inverness away) and had quite a lot of neat play in a couple of them but we were ultimately very ineffective and didn't seem to manage to play in the right areas.

If Haber is struggling a bit, I think it'd be much more disastrous if we aggravated his injury not playing at full fitness and then caused him to be out for longer. As imperfect as he may be in finishing, he's our route to being involved up the park and we need him there to bring others into the game. As long as we're not playing Partick Thistle, he's our one hope to cause something to happen when we're playing shite.

Any specific updates about him at all?

55 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Why would you play the ball to Fez anywhere other than his feet?

That's the plan. It just doesn't execute itself as we usually get crowded out of the midfield too easily (i.e. we're shite).

When we did it before, there was plenty of effort to get him on the ball at feet but it tended to come in non dangerous situations. I actually thought it was really good watching the footballing ability between him and Wighton on the one occasion that they both combined but I'm not sure that will ever be effective unless the whole team drastically change.

For what it's worth, Faissal has an amazing leap on him.