All things Dundee FC

If he knuckled down and worked hard, he'd still be flittering in and out of the Scotland squad.

He's thrown a season long hissy fit and coasting on his reputation as it is this season mixed in with something like 4-5 of the Scott Bain performances we seen last season.

Why is he coming out in the papers again to say this? Blatant disrespect to Hartley and the club. Considering his form - Hartley wouldn't need 'massive testicles' to drop him. Just a pity Mitchell doesn't seem up to it. That said, he does seem to organise his defence better.

To be fair to Bain I don't think he has come out and said anything it appears to have come from PH.

Give Mitchell a chance. Bain is being a c**t. Everyone knows he doesn't want to be at the club but why go to the papers about it ? He is a c**t.
Hopefully Mitchell can carry on his record of clean sheets and wins

We won in spite of Mitchell not because of him. He is nowhere near good enough particularly if we get dragged into a scrap.

There was a rumour a while back that MK Dons were interested. Neilson obviously knows what Bain is capable of on his day so I'm sure that daft c**t will probably bid more than 100k.

Tbh if we reinvest the money wisely and bring in another goal keeper(perhaps Danny Rogers) then I'd be happy. But we need Bain for the rest of the season and he can easily when on his game earn us points himself.

To be fair to Bain I don't think he has come out and said anything it appears to have come from PH.

If he hasn't then it's extremely poor handling from Hartley as well.

We as a club, shouldn't be waiting until the final 12 months of a players contract to look to sell him. It's short changing us.

3 clean sheets all season from Bain, is that down to our very shite defence or our poor goalkeeping or both?

Both. Bain has let in some questionable goals this season but our defence has been rotten also but that's down to our midfield leaving them exposed too often.

There's no doubt Bain has single handedly earned us points over the last few seasons but this season he's probably cost us as many points as he's helped us gain. 

If he wants away to get away from the moaning c***s in the Coxy then he'll be in for a shock when he finds out Dundee FC aren't the only team in the world with greeting faced wallopers in their support.

There's no doubt Bain has single handedly earned us points over the last few seasons but this season he's probably cost us as many points as he's helped us gain. 
If he wants away to get away from the moaning c***s in the Coxy then he'll be in for a shock when he finds out Dundee FC aren't the only team in the world with greeting faced wallopers in their support.

We certainly didn't cover himself in glory at either of our most recent goals against you. He made some decent saves, but from the outside it seems he just can't be arsed any more. Which is a really poor attitude to have, if he wants a move, put himself in the shop window and he'll get a decent move. The way he's going League 1 at best and he'll probably struggle to escape that once he's down there. I personally think he's a decent keeper, but his height definitely hinders him. He's up there athletically with the best of them.

We certainly didn't cover himself in glory at either of our most recent goals against you. He made some decent saves, but from the outside it seems he just can't be arsed any more. Which is a really poor attitude to have, if he wants a move, put himself in the shop window and he'll get a decent move. The way he's going League 1 at best and he'll probably struggle to escape that once he's down there. I personally think he's a decent keeper, but his height definitely hinders him. He's up there athletically with the best of them.

This is exactly my thinking. If we have a player that wants away then we must convince him to earn himself the best move possible. We should be seeing Bain at his best this season but he's just not into it.
This means we lose goals he would normally save and then we get a fraction of the fee when he does move on.
What an utter c**t all round. f**k off, Scott.

Maybe our defence rely on Bain to much is why we keep leaking goals in. That is what it is. 
You say he is not good enough but he hasnt been given a chance has he? The few chances he has had he kept clean sheets in the league? A good back up keeper to have certainly.

I have seen him play three times and he just doesn't inspire confidence at all. He
Is about 5ft 0 and built like the side of a 10pence.

He seemed extremely dodgy with any cross balls coming in at him and iirc he wasn't particularly good with the ball at his feet.

He may have kept two clean sheets but that isn't down to anything spectacular that he done. I would be extremely worried going into a crucial period of the season with him in the goal. He may be alright to come in now and again but no way should we be considering his for fist choice.

The first bit I'd agree with also about his height. Confidence defence however have did well with ( not letting goals in, if we go by stats ) right now our defence surely has zero confidence in bain since he wants to leave and he concedes goals more or less every game he plays in.
Best scenario for me would be get in top six and drop bain for the rest of the games and give Mitchell some game time.
After all why play someone who doesn't want to be at our club.

Or you could turn that on its head and Bain has zero confidence in the defence in front of him.

Don't see him how the defence would have no confidence in him as he is a very competent keeper and also
Can't see him wanting to move on having an effect on that either.

The confidence Bain had when he broke through was insane. Nothing fazed him at all and he seemed to get better with each appearance. The range he was able to come for things was better than almost every 'keeper in the league and there weren't any weaknesses.

I don't really know what's happened but he does seem to have mentally struggled at the first sign of our support putting on pressure. Even last season, he was tweeting about internal matters and acting like a whiny bitch on social media. My instinct is that he takes things ridiculously personally and really needs to mentally mature.

I still do think though that he could become an international 'keeper with the right career move. He probably needs to get out of this environment and get a fresh start somewhere else. The 'keeper we've seen this season is nowhere near his potential and some new coaching could really kick him on.

22 hours ago, RossDee01 said:

Get Lory Roy back

22 hours ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Can this be done?

22 hours ago, RossDee01 said:

No idea but don't see why not unless there was a fee involved which I highly doubt there was.

21 hours ago, harry94 said:

Like you say, I doubt it'd be dependent on money (apart from maybe having to now pick up 100% of his wages) I don't think. The issue would be that we'd need to do it (or any other free agent business or recalls that we may need) before the registration window which is the 1st April. United fell foul of that last season when they played a couple of their youngsters who'd been out on loan and it was also (partially) why when Alloa punted Roberts back and he never made it near the squad despite not having a full compliment of players.

No it can't be done. He's not on emergency loan, he's on a half season Standard Loan. Can't be recalled for first team action.

I fear we're going to be bottom 6. Hope not obviously but we've got a tricky few games and if we don't manage to pull a big result it looks like we might end up there. If that happens, I think we should wait until we're safe (which I reckon we will be) then get Mitchell in for a couple of games to showcase his talents and if he's not cutting the mustard then we invest in a better GK. Personally I'd love to get someone like Mannus in for a couple of seasons.