All things Dundee FC

1 minute ago, harry94 said:

I think this is a bit harsh tbh. He had a couple of games where he was playing with a knock against Thistle and St Johnstone and didn't play his best but he wasn't that bad. I thought he was particularly very good against Celtic and we would have badly noticed if he went off.

He looks a very good player and you are always going to have people picking up the odd knocks. It's worth remembering the contribution Faissal has had in some games where he has badly struggled and why we felt the need to bring somebody else in.

If we finish strongly this season, he'll play a big part in it IMO. I could see us badly regretting it if he was to sign for a mid table rival next season.

Maybe I am being a bit harsh on Ojamma, however if we are going to get a player on loan to get us out a pickle, why not get one thats 100% fit?

7 minutes ago, dundeefc1783 said:

Couple of things on this. I agree Craig Wighton has great ability and has improved this season but don't agree on the 100% thing. I feel at times he is playing within himself and need to apply himself and work a bit harder.

And while Kerr has had a good season and defensively is quite sound he really needs to work on his distribution and composure. His passing at times is absolutely woeful and often puts us under pressure a lot of the time. He is similar to Holt in that he has potential but still has improvements to make.

Paul McGinn while a few years older than Cammy is he was a much more complete full back.

This is not a criticism of these young boys as it's great to see them coming through but they are not free from blame.

Good reply and points I can not argue with.

Just now, johnnydun said:

Maybe I am being a bit harsh on Ojamma, however if we are going to get a player on loan to get us out a pickle, why not get one thats 100% fit?

I see your point but I think that's generally the way of things. Quality in January tends to have something wrong with it and requires a bit of tuning or they'd never be available in the first place.

38 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

Ross may be able to play a role in some team, he's a tidy enough footballer but from what I've seen it won't be a Dens. Meh.

When Bak2E picked him out on the left of the box in acres of space about 20 yards out and he failed to control it my heart sank. Fair enough he was running onto it and it wasn't on the deck, but still, you'd expect better than that. 

24 minutes ago, dundeefc1783 said:

Couple of things on this. I agree Craig Wighton has great ability and has improved this season but don't agree on the 100% thing. I feel at times he is playing within himself and need to apply himself and work a bit harder.

And while Kerr has had a good season and defensively is quite sound he really needs to work on his distribution and composure. His passing at times is absolutely woeful and often puts us under pressure a lot of the time. He is similar to Holt in that he has potential but still has improvements to make.

Paul McGinn while a few years older than Cammy is he was a much more complete full back.

This is not a criticism of these young boys as it's great to see them coming through but they are not free from blame.

McGinn was good at going forward and getting a cross in but the holes he left inside was ridiculous. I'm sure it was Mr Gandosaur* who did a compilation of his f**k ups, similar to his David Mitchell Top 5.

*I might have the wrong poster but if I do, I'm not even sorry.

Am I the only one that thinks O'Dea is completely overrated? He was shite for Celtic and I'm afraid he's not much better for us. Constantly sits too deep, and drags us back a lot of the time and is caught out of position so many times.

Just now, Dee Man said:

McGinn was good at going forward and getting a cross in but the holes he left inside was ridiculous. I'm sure it was Mr Gandosaur* who did a compilation of his f**k ups, similar to his David Mitchell Top 5.

*I might have the wrong poster but if I do, I'm not even sorry.

Yeah, he had a bit of an allergy to marking players in simple situations at times and there were a few occasions where he actually got dropped for it.

I thought he come on quite a bit at the end of his last season though and thought we'd found a really good system when he slotted in to a back 3 with Kerr at wing back (as McGinn was dynamic enough to push on to right back when attacking and seemed to know the rule quite well) so I was pretty disappointing when he left.

2 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:

Am I the only one that thinks O'Dea is completely overrated? He was shite for Celtic and I'm afraid he's not much better for us. Constantly sits too deep, and drags us back a lot of the time and is caught out of position so many times.

I get what you mean. He gets dragged out of position really easily and I get the feeling that teams study that (Rooney last night was using it to his advantage). He also has this really bad habit of going for crosses that he is never reaching which might sound pleasing to the supporters but is actually really bad because it wrong foots everybody else. I have also had a feeling whenever I've watched him that 'keepers don't particularly like playing with him for some reason as I get the feeling that he is so busy ordering others around but doesn't take instruction to his own game (I've played with this type of defender a million times) then winges when things go wrong that are partially his fault. For what it's worth with the talk about Gomis last night, I thought he was put into some impossible situations and got the flak when O'Dea made stupid decisions and got caught out.

That being said though, I still think he's a talented guy and we'd really miss his presence. He had a dreadful game last night but there have been many occasions where we've been up against it and he's held together a back 4 who have been a total calamity at times. The bad moments are really bad but I think overall, he's been a good signing when taking into consideration the other defenders we've seen.

15 hours ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

RandomGuy - one of the saddest, most boring sods to walk on the face of the Earth in the enormous timespan of this wicked world.

It's time's like this you remember that the human race is spiraling out of control. Is it any wonder the country is fucked when you've got c***s sitting in their bedroom, vest sweat-painted onto their barket being, whilst trawling for four hours through threads to compile a post on another teams forum!

This is what this sad, mundane specimen has done folks. He's then stated it was to read upon awakening on Saturday - despite having returned to the thread to read the replies before midnight, as his boring night gave off no better alternative.

A cull in this world is needed, of that there is no doubt. The century old Elephants of Africa are being maimed. The Rhino's are being tamed. The Lions are being chained. Yet species like Randomguy get to roam the world. Nah;f**k that.

I'd happily giftwrap boring fuds like Randomguy to the Chinese markets (for no expense) in order for them to make some potions - or whatever their black magic shit is. On the matter of China i'm sick of the c***s breeding like rabbits - i'll tell ya.

Anyway, Paul McGowan was good again eh.

Thank you.

Still...

At least you're not bothered by him though.

I get what you mean. He gets dragged out of position really easily and I get the feeling that teams study that (Rooney last night was using it to his advantage). He also has this really bad habit of going for crosses that he is never reaching which might sound pleasing to the supporters but is actually really bad because it wrong foots everybody else. I have also had a feeling whenever I've watched him that 'keepers don't particularly like playing with him for some reason as I get the feeling that he is so busy ordering others around but doesn't take instruction to his own game (I've played with this type of defender a million times) then winges when things go wrong that are partially his fault. For what it's worth with the talk about Gomis last night, I thought he was put into some impossible situations and got the flak when O'Dea made stupid decisions and got caught out.
That being said though, I still think he's a talented guy and we'd really miss his presence. He had a dreadful game last night but there have been many occasions where we've been up against it and he's held together a back 4 who have been a total calamity at times. The bad moments are really bad but I think overall, he's been a good signing when taking into consideration the other defenders we've seen.

I really like O'Dea but I can't disagree with any of that.

12 minutes ago, baldragon said:

Am I right in thinking our game up at county was supposed to be live on BBC Alba this week?? Can't see it anywhere now?

That feels really familiar but there is nothing I can find going through old news stories and my understanding was that Alba don't have any live rights for the top flight this season.

Totally agree re Vincent but I'm still giving Gowser a pass. For half the season he's had Hateley next to him with Wighton and O'Hara either side. Totally over run in midfield.

I'm going to ask again as either it's so ludicrous or some folks missed it - is Alex Neil a total non starter? Who in England will take a chance on a sacked 35 year old Scotsman?

Calls for Wright are just madness. Clearly he's not good enough for us.

Wow. Almost as delusional as hibs fand

If, and it's a massive "if" at this point in time, ICT go down and we don't, what is the general consensus on Fon-Wiliams as opposed to Mannus for next season? We seem to have done well in the past picking up ICT players (cough, cough)...

BTW - FFS St Johnstone - what kind of fucking numpties are you?? Getting two players sent off for fighting each other and then losing to Hamilton????

Absolutely disastrous weekend for us, Friday night was pathetic, it was embarrassing, and it could very well be season defining.

Hartley will still be in charge on Tuesday, as I doubt the board will change anything before the end of the season regardless of results. He could walk away, he looked absolutely lost last night, with any luck his plans are safety then resigning with what little dignity and respect he still has. Its almost certain we will have a new manager next season, the squad needs entirely overhauled, whoever comes in has a massive rebuilding job.

Have you not watched Fon-Williams this season? Howler after howler. Would rather have Mitchell.

Our squad feels so limp right now. Stewart, Hemmings, Harkins, McGinn and soon Bain all gone. Even Kevin Thomson has been hard to replace. All the stand-outs have left and we've replaced them with a bunch of shy attacking mids.
I don't think Hartley can 'rebuild' as there is only a need for rebuilding due to his poor signing policy. He has signed too many players, who haven't been good enough or just haven't been needed. I'm not sure he knows what he's doing but I am sure he shouldn't be trusted with any more of the clubs cash.
I'll always lean towards supporting the manager of our team but I can't see this getting any better from here on out.