10 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Should be family misery day. IMO.

You can see the ads now;

Have your children been misbehaving?

Already taken away their games console?

Grounded? Sent to bed early?

Running out of options?

Send them to Dens! 

Watch them cringe at terrible defending! 

Watch them cry at McGowans rants!

Watch their eyes bleed at the shitebaggery football on show!

DUNDEE FC....Punishment for all!

Did anyone see the interview with dario bonetti? The bit i didn't know was the bonettis paid for cabellero with there own money? Surely not?
I'd have the bonetti brothers back especially with "better" owners to work alongside

I think they paid for him expecting to sell him for more so they would make profit on him. Seems a bit dodgy but it all went a bit tits up obviously anyway.

Marc Klok has left the club by mutual consent. Cannot for the life of me understand how Hartley has got away with spunking money on fucking flops like this. Link here
Thank you.

Would have been better promoting someone from the youth teams.

Lets play a game.

The task is to name as many 'utterly pointless signings by Paul Hartley' as possible. The prize is absolutely nothing other than a feeling of panic and, possibly, despair.

I'll get us started;

Ricardo Calder
Yordi Teijsse
Marc Klok
Nicky Low
Dylan Carreiro
Rhys Healey
Phil Roberts
Michael Duffy
Daryll Meggatt
Danny Williams

Possibly a little harsh on Nicky Low as his problem was mostly injuries. The rest were completely, utterly useless and no-where near good enough for this level.

You might argue Simon Ferry etc, but guys like that did play 20 odd games so I'd suggest less than 5-10 games in their time here being the key marker of standard.

Am I missing anyone obvious? 

ETA: Stick Mitchell in the goals and you've got yourself a starting 11 there. Where none of them start. Ever.

Thank you.

Edited by LiamDFC

Just now, LiamDFC said:

Lets play a game.

The task is to name as many 'utterly pointless signings by Paul Hartley' as possible. The prize is absolutely nothing other than a feeling of panic and, possibly, despair.

I'll get us started;

Ricardo Calder
Yordi Teijsse
Marc Klok
Nicky Low
Dylan Carreiro
Rhys Healey
Phil Roberts
Michael Duffy
Daryll Meggatt
Danny Williams

Possibly a little harsh on Nicky Low as his problem was mostly injuries. The rest were completely, utterly useless and no-where near good enough for this level.

You might argue Simon Ferry etc, but guys like that did play 20 odd games so I'd suggest less than 5-10 games in their time here being the key marker of standard.

Am I missing anyone obvious? 

Thank you.

It depends how it's being defined but I'd also say that Healey is a bit harsh. He broke in after a couple of games and seemed in favour but his injury ended the season. Carreiro was also a development signing and was a young guy so I wouldn't really include that either.

You've missed out the obvious Arturo!

The one that kind of annoys me in retrospect was Meggatt because that is the one that I thought he should have known better while I think a lot of them made sense on paper or had something to show the logic (Roberts for example had a huge amount of potential IMO). He retained Irvine as left back cover and signed him with the intention of playing out of position at centre back. It was very obvious that the guy didn't have the footballing ability at this level from just watching him take a touch.

14 minutes ago, harry94 said:

It depends how it's being defined but I'd also say that Healey is a bit harsh. He broke in after a couple of games and seemed in favour but his injury ended the season. Carreiro was also a development signing and was a young guy so I wouldn't really include that either.

You've missed out the obvious Arturo!

The one that kind of annoys me in retrospect was Meggatt because that is the one that I thought he should have known better while I think a lot of them made sense on paper or had something to show the logic (Roberts for example had a huge amount of potential IMO). He retained Irvine as left back cover and signed him with the intention of playing out of position at centre back. It was very obvious that the guy didn't have the footballing ability at this level from just watching him take a touch.

Managed to erase Arturo from my mind. He was an utterly pointless signing. 

Agreed on Meggatt, my main memory of him is misjudging the ball against killie and catching it as it bounced over his head. Absolutely terrible display from him, was he hooked at half time?

Just now, richDFC said:

Managed to erase Arturo from my mind. He was an utterly pointless signing. 

Agreed on Meggatt, my main memory of him is misjudging the ball against killie and catching it as it bounced over his head. Absolutely terrible display from him, was he hooked at half time?

Yeah, Gadzhalov come on. I think Meggatt only made a couple of sub appearances after that.

2 minutes ago, harry94 said:

Yeah, Gadzhalov come on. I think Meggatt only made a couple of sub appearances after that.

I've watched him a couple of times for Ayr this season and I still see him as a total liability. Seems to be somewhat rated by their fans (that I've spoken to anyway)