All things Dundee FC

1 hour ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Right now we are heading down the shitter, so its a gamble that's got to be taken. Get McPake in charge, booting arses. IMO.

I was looking for a boss and then I found a boss....

No chance regards McPake coming in as manager though, that's madness. We have no idea what kind of a manager he would be, and this is not the time for experiments. We're obviously going to stick with PH till the end of the season, and at this stage that's probably best. He's fighting for his career right now, so he's not going to give up. If we manage to avoid relegation, he'll probably resign, and get a decent gig somewhere else. Gets us relegated, and he'll struggle to get another decent job.

One things for sure, this is fucking grim, and I've never been more looking forward to the end of the season. This season can get right in the fucking bin.

Thank You.

You've posted in here about 5 times in a row so we're obviously relevant to you.

I'm just trying my best to make you feel relevant before you get relegated to the fizzy pop leagues, please don't take it personally

One things for sure, this is fucking grim, and I've never been more looking forward to the end of the season. This season can get right in the fucking bin.
Thank You.

Along with last season.

The only thing worth remembering about last season is how pish United were.

A good job has not , and is not being done and his nutjob signing policy has left us with something requiring rubbed out and starting again.

The fact we apparently budget for top 6 and have had terrible cup runs should be enough reason to sack Hartley for what has been a massive failure. He's cost us money and there's no way he will be here next season. It's a shame that the next manager will have to work with these players.

season reminds of when we beat the DABS with a win that most thought secured our top spot only to go on a horrific run of defeats that saw us relegated. The split means we are in a dog fight every week. No hope of a Celtic or Dons defeat for our opponents just us and it looks like we are not up to it.

30 minutes ago, rainbowrising said:

season reminds of when we beat the DABS with a win that most thought secured our top spot only to go on a horrific run of defeats that saw us relegated. The split means we are in a dog fight every week. No hope of a Celtic or Dons defeat for our opponents just us and it looks like we are not up to it.

Yes, we only needed one win from the remaining five games and we got one point on the last day at Livi!

Thing is this shower are even worse than that lot.

11 hours ago, RossDee01 said:

No chance regards McPake coming in as manager though, that's madness. We have no idea what kind of a manager he would be, and this is not the time for experiments. We're obviously going to stick with PH till the end of the season, and at this stage that's probably best. He's fighting for his career right now, so he's not going to give up. If we manage to avoid relegation, he'll probably resign, and get a decent gig somewhere else. Gets us relegated, and he'll struggle to get another decent job.

Thank You.

Harltey will probably stay.  The board are paralysed with fear.  He should have been sacked after the Aberdeen game.  The Hearts game was winnable and someone new might just have given the players a lift and given us a chance.  

Even at this stage of the season does Hartley even know what his best team is?  He keeps chopping and changing the players in the hope that they have a good game.  He's like a drunk at the roulette wheel changing from red to black and then back to red again. 

10 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

Harltey will probably stay.  The board are paralysed with fear.  He should have been sacked after the Aberdeen game.  The Hearts game was winnable and someone new might just have given the players a lift and given us a chance. 

I reckon he'll be out at the end of the season, either by his own choice or the boards.

I think they are sticking with him right now because there isn't realistically anyone else they can bring in, the question is who do we bring in to replace him? 

My personal vote would be bringing back Jim Duffy (yes again), although i'm not sure how long his contract with Morton is, he's a good manager and was treated harshly when we were relegated in the admin years despite it not being his fault we were relegated he was sacked four games into the season with us top of the league, despite being given the boards blessing at the start of the season. 

What's the ambition for Dundee in terms of league position? You sound like a bunch of drama Queens, everyone is shite. County, Caley, accies, well, Dundee. Partick and killie were shite for most of the season but have had a run of form. Not sure where Dundee fans expect to be in this league?

1 minute ago, Stevieda said:

What's the ambition for Dundee in terms of league position? You sound like a bunch of drama Queens, everyone is shite. County, Caley, accies, well, Dundee. Partick and killie were shite for most of the season but have had a run of form. Not sure where Dundee fans expect to be in this league?

This season after losing Hemmings and Stewart? Comfortable bottom six. It's not just the league placement and the obvious threat of relegation, we're clearly regressing and have punted so much money on lengthy deals for either utter shite or players who we just necessarily don't need. That's one of the main worries, if we end up going down there's no backbone, our handful of decent players would want away and we wouldn't be able to afford paying off the deadwood.