All things Dundee FC

9 minutes ago, LiamDFC said:

Hartley's squad, tactics and direction of travel. Time for change, he's had his chance.

Aye, it's beyond repair for him now. I'd get a new face in to try and freshen things up, lift the spirits and attempt to salvage the remainder of the season.

I have no idea who that man is though. I can imagine Nelms and Keyes bringing in some leftfield Yank  I hope not though.

Edited by Dee Man

The thing is no-one of quality would take us on that sort of role.

I'll use Duffy as an example. Take out your opinion of Duffy for a second - but he'd come to Dundee in a heartbeat. His stock is high at the moment, but there's not a chance he'd leave Morton right now for us with so few games to go. The same goes for the vast majority of managers we'd reasonably be looking at. Any manager with relatively high stock will be waiting until the summer. I just used the example of Duffy to empathise that even someone that loves the club would make the club wait at this moment in time.

The last thing I want is for the board to punt Hartley then make a desperate, shite appointment in the mould of John Brown and then be in a lose-lose scenario. If the diddy keeps us up it'll force the board to extend the contract and we'll be lumbered with him. Or he'll be the disaster we all expected and take us down.

BBC has us down as having no corners and no shots on target at Tyncastle.  This from a team that has two strikers Hartley brought in out on loan.  

The team he has created is shambolic.  No balance to it with too few options up front.  To make matters worse Hartley has loaded the team with too many defensive midfielders.  None of them capable of getting a decent number of goals a season.

He has got the basics absolutely wrong.  He needs to go now in the hope we get some sort of reaction from the players.

If he stays and we stay up how can he be trusted to even remotely create a balanced team?

20 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

How did the young defender do? Came in and conceded just the 1 goal

Wasn't spectacular but came in did a reasonable job. Will play ahead of Gomis but should be benched when we get Gadz back.

I think we are totally fucked!

Keep Hartley and results will carry on the same, its too late. Even if we get 1 win before the end of the season it wont be enough. His signings and tactics are shite, even we can all see what he is doing wrong! 

Get rid of Hartley and whoever we bring in will still have to work with the same crop of shite, is it enough to maybe get a reaction?

Who do we bring in? The usual names will be thrown about; Duffy, Jocky, Calderwood, Neil etc but who can honestly do a turnaround in 6 games? 

Im out of work just now, maybe I should take the job and take advice from the P&B Dees, cause we ken what needs done. 

Im not looking forward to this!

Tricky situation...If he's sacked now with six games to go whats the chances of a ' bounce' with whoever's in charge, probably pretty thin? Even Hartley himself must know that whatever happens the chances of him being in charge next season are virtually nil, so what's his mindset at the moment? I'm sure most of the players will be thinking the same. I think the Americans will muddle through in the hope that by some miracle we can avoid ending up in the bottom two. Personally i can't see it, despite league positions we are the worst team I've seen all year and I'm amazed we're not bottom. Take no personal pleasure in the fact I've doubted PH for a long time and had hoped he could have given us stability and moved us forward but the last two seasons have been pretty woeful watching...Last year he got away with it down to having two players who had the knack of getting goals from nothing, sadly lacking this year and with absolutely no creativity in midfield we've gone from attempting a passing game with a squad miles short of the ability to achieve this to a lump it up the park, desperate stuff and evidence of a manager devoid of ideas and sadly out his depth

9 minutes ago, ravabelli said:

Tricky situation...If he's sacked now with six games to go whats the chances of a ' bounce' with whoever's in charge, probably pretty thin?

Right now we are heading down the shitter, so its a gamble that's got to be taken. Get McPake in charge, booting arses. IMO.

3 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

I'd give Hartley one last roll of the dice next season if we were in the top flight with the admittance that he's fucked it this season.

Wholly fck :blink:

BBC has us down as having no corners and no shots on target at Tyncastle.  This from a team that has two strikers Hartley brought in out on loan.  
The team he has created is shambolic.  No balance to it with too few options up front.  To make matters worse Hartley has loaded the team with too many defensive midfielders.  None of them capable of getting a decent number of goals a season.
He has got the basics absolutely wrong.  He needs to go now in the hope we get some sort of reaction from the players.
If he stays and we stay up how can he be trusted to even remotely create a balanced team?

They are not even good defensive midfielders - they couldn't tackle a fish supper.