All things Dundee FC

32 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

He would but I dunno if I could tolerate his shite, boring style of football.

Agreed his style of play is shite but he's working wonders with such a small, irrelevant  club in St Johnstone.  

15 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

Tommy's a clever man.  He knew United were in terminal decline!

Anyway, you don't really believe United were serious in their approach for Wright do you?  You really believe Stephen Thompson would have been willing to pay the compensation?  Just a coincidence that there was no compensation to consider with Mixu.  

No danger the filth put in a serious offer for Tommy. 100k is f**k all to Tim Keyes and would see Wright on his way to Dens. 

4 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

No danger the filth put in a serious offer for Tommy. 

TBF the story goes Steve Brown didnt even answer the phone when Dundee United "made an approach"

Tommy Wright quite clearly used United to milk St Johnstone for a better wage. If United were genuine about their offer, he'd be the United manager now even if in the Championship. The man is an absolute whore, you just need to look at the way he was talking about the Rangers job recently. He'd be off like a shot if a team offered a penny more.

TBF he'd had teams punching above their weight as a manager in the past, even taken an unfancied side to a National Trophy win. He was also constantly described as "the brains" behind Steve Lomas.

That right Bawb? Interesting.

8 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Tommy Wright quite clearly used United to milk St Johnstone for a better wage. If United were genuine about their offer, he'd be the United manager now even if in the Championship. The man is an absolute whore, you just need to look at the way he was talking about the Rangers job recently. He'd be off like a shot if a team offered a penny more.

I know you're on the wind up, but Steve Brown (later backed up by TW), said at the time he talked to Wright about the United job and Wright said he had no interest in it, and that was before contract talks started. Hes never lied about wanting a bigger job, but hes said numerous times in public and at private events, that he appreciates the situation hes in and having seen whats happened to previous managers he won't just throw it away. The Rangers thing was no shock to anyone, as hes a massive ***.

Anyway, back to this Jocky Scott thing..

4 hours ago, jupe1407 said:

No way. Don't get me wrong. I liked Duffy in his first two spells at Dens. We were great to watch in the mid 90s despite constant financial constraints and that fucking idiot Ron Dixon, and I didn't blame him for going to Hibs.

However the season we were relegated was as bad as the current shambles. Duffy and his squad utterly shat the bed in the last few games. He displayed the same tactical inflexibility as Hartley and had an awful record with signings.

However he didn't deserve to binned early the following season. IIRC we were top, having beaten St Mirren and the fucking idiot Marrs panicked after a cup defeat to Stranraer and made possibly our worst appointment ever.

But now? No. Appointing him on the back of a first good season anywhere for about 12 years is Chisholm-dodds levels of madness.

also, the cup final fiasco, where he shat the bed yet again. not once, but twice.

also, the cup final fiasco, where he shat the bed yet again. not once, but twice.

I don't blame him for the Coca Cola Cup final. The players collectively bottled it at the same time as Aberdeen put in a strong performance. Pageaud sold the jerseys with that ridiculous attempt at a "for the cameras" save to concede the opener. Aberdeen were simply much better on the day, and in fairness he superbly well to get us there. That cup run was one of my highlights as a Dee. THAT Hearts game, and McCann's last minute chip against Airdrie.

2003 was a different story. Failing to start Novo against a tired Rangers side was absolutely criminal. We posed little threat until he came on.

14 minutes ago, jupe1407 said:

I don't blame him for the Coca Cola Cup final. The players collectively bottled it at the same time as Aberdeen put in a strong performance. Pageaud sold the jerseys with that ridiculous attempt at a "for the cameras" save to concede the opener. Aberdeen were simply much better on the day, and in fairness he superbly well to get us there. That cup run was one of my highlights as a Dee. THAT Hearts game, and McCann's last minute chip against Airdrie.

2003 was a different story. Failing to start Novo against a tired Rangers side was absolutely criminal. We posed little threat until he came on.

Yeah, I was harsh on the league cup, but fair on the scottish.

That was fucking madness. So infuriating.

I remember the Aberdeen game - it was very foggy and you could barely see the far away goal.

Jack Ross will be the next shout however on the basis he signed Rory Loy - I'm out.

I was shouting for him back before Christmas but that was when I anticipated on Hartley being with us for a long time to come.

It's mad how much a series of shite performances and a 7-0 route can challenge your thought process.